PDA

View Full Version : Kettlebell snatch help

Jerry Hill
03-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Hey guys,
I'm a novice KB snatcher with a solid strength background. This is only the 3rd time trying ther 40kilo....I feel like my lockout is a bit 'soft'...the snatch simply feels a little off compared to my BB sn.

Anything you see that will help?

Thanks!

Jason C. Brown
03-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Jerry,

My Tun Tavern brother.It looks better than 98% of KB Snatches out there. Try going with a second dip right as you move your hand around the bell.

Jerry Hill
03-15-2007, 07:34 AM
ahh...looking at the video I now see it...I'm absorbing all of the force in my shoulder instead of dipping and absorbing in hips and shoulder.

Thanks brother!

Is it good to see me finally using your gift for something more than swings?

Semper fi

Nathan Stanley
04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Its hard to tell anything about your technique w/ such a high weight. First that's a half snatch in Valery Federenko's terminology. Obviously its tough to snatch that very much for high reps, but I also thought you could get the KB handle across the butt of your palm more. It seems to rest in the center of your hand, which isn't the best position to have in the overhead position, plus it will tend to give you callus problems as you drop the weight. If you could get more back swing, I think that would help you as well. Try starting w/ the KB on the floor w/ the handle at a 45 degree angle and your thumb pointing toward you. If the bell is a little out in front of you, it will help create some back swing right off of the bat. I'm coming from a more GS-centric view which you may or may not give a rip about. With that in mind, you could bend more at the waist and "follow" the KB until it reaches the end of its back swing, and then take advantage of its momentum. In any case, that's a lot of weight that most people can't do lift.