PDA

View Full Version : Check my form

Parth Shah
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
I have a few videos up here. The first two are me. Can you guys check my form? The exercises aren't that difficult, but still. Thanks

http://www.shahtraining.com/videos.html

David Wood
01-05-2007, 08:15 PM
Moving to Digital Coaching . . .

John Seiler
01-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Parth,

On both exercises, start with your butt lower and the bar closer to your shins. On the clean: when the weights get heavier, you'll need to start with your feet closer together. Remember that this movement is about power. If you were doing a vertical jump test your feet would be closer together. That's the same spot you should start your clean. Also, you'll eventually need an explosive shrug. It would be helpful to repost with something closer to your max weight. BTW, for Crossfit, the squat clean is the default clean. Best to start practicing that sooner rather than later.

Also, welcome to the boards.

Lincoln Brigham
01-09-2007, 02:48 PM
The "power clean and press" is more like a "grip and rip thruster". You're not showing much technique. Early arm bend, feet too wide, no effort to receive the bar in a squat position (half squat or otherwise), bar too far away from thigh during second pull, bad rack position...

This would not be acceptable for anyone who has had more than 30 minutes of good one-on-one O-lift coaching. Do yourself a favor a get yourself over to the Lost Battalion Hall in Queens - not all that far from you - for some coaching.