PDA

View Full Version : Please help improve this C&J

Gabe Rinaldi
07-31-2006, 08:29 AM
This is a video of another trainer that I work with. I did a quick analysis with Dartfish. Here is a C&J at 85 and 90kg. Any comments welcome.

Thanks!

Lincoln Brigham
07-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Looks really good. Consistent technique.

Like everyone else except for Vanev and Kakhi, he could get under the bar quicker/sooner. He gets the elbows around nice and quick, but many elite lifters manage to rack the bar at a lower elevation. The bar doesn't exactly crash on him, but he doesn't stop it dead in its tracks either - he's riding it down a fair distance after racking it. (I do the same thing, btw.)

The split on the jerk is a little shallow, but not to the point of being an error. The dip is a touch long and he stalls a little at the bottom. The length of the dip might be fine, but any lower and he'll have problems. A slightly shorter dip with a quicker turn-around might be better.

Bar path is excellent. Really, this guy doesn't have a whole lot of technique faults to work on. What's his max?

John Nguyen
08-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your comment, Lincoln. My best C&J was 115 kg, done over a year ago.

You pointed out an issue I've always struggled with -- the speed of reversal (or lack of) in the jerk dip. If you think it's noticable now, you should've seen it two years ago! For some reason, when I try to quicken my reversal, I precede it with too fast of a dip and the bar comes off my shoulders and throws the timing off completely.

With your comment I will return to working on the reversal speed.

Other analysis is absolutely welcomed!

Best,
John

Sam Lepore
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Nice!

(Message edited by stern112 on October 16, 2006)