PDA

View Full Version : Clean/snatch

Bradford Green
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
PR clean: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0m4tH3v70GI

PR snatch: http://youtube.com/watch?v=tHsHp0aGU3o

Clean was 180lbs @ BW 160. Sorry for the sideways camera... Looks like I have a bit of an early arm bend, and I could keep a bigger chest.

Snatch was 95lbs, probably only the 10th or 12th full snatch I've ever done, so I feel ok about that effort.

Let me know what you guys think

John Seiler
11-04-2006, 11:33 AM
I'd have you start with your feet closer; same width you choose if you were testing your vertical jump. Also didn't see much shrug on the clean.

Nice catch for guy on his first dozen snatch attempts.

Carrie Klumpar
11-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Not bad at all. A couple things that might help some:

Especially in the snatch, set your back before you begin. You get in a decent setup position, but you need to actively set your back by lifting your chest and inhaling, arching your back a bit (basically try to shorten the distance between your shoulder blades & butt), and then locking into that position for the pull.

In both lifts, keep tight in the catch as well. Don't let your back or hips or chest or breath (or anything) sag or go loose at this point. You have to stay tight, with your chest up, and try to "bounce” right up out of the hole (especially noticeable in the clean vid).

Also, in the clean, accelerate more. Once the bar passes your knees, you've got to put on the gas to get tall and then pull yourself under. What you have is pretty good--just do it faster. Get aggressive.

Carla Freund McDonald
11-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Bradford...to add on one point made by Carrie...on your clean, when you are driving up out of the hole, watch your back...drive up HARD with the elbows (the old FS), and this may help keep your torso up as you drive up, as well as keep that lower back arched...protects you and helps you not lose the weight to the front...especially when it starts getting really heavy for you.

Bradford Green
11-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Thanks for everybody's input. I've been working on everything mentioned, especially staying tight and keeping a big chest in the catch. What I found was that when the cleans got heavy I was basically getting muscled by the weight in the bottom position, allowing it to pull me forward and down. Carla, what you mentioned is especially noticeable in a failed 185 clean i didn't post. It's clear that once again I was getting pulled forward and not holding a good upright back position, and I ended up losing it to the front. Lots to work on, thanks again.
-Bradford