PDA

View Full Version : My snatch

Fiona Muxlow
04-01-2006, 04:08 AM
Sorry its side ways. Dont know how to turn it. Once again comments and pointers wanted.
I know im still bending my arms to early as in C&J, any drills or ideas people have to prevent this? "Hang like ropes" just isn't jell'n.

Lincoln Brigham
04-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I have a headache. Please do not turn your camera sideways when filming!

Right now, you have no rebend of the knees. Zero. The early arm bend is but a minor issue in comparison; Casey Burgener still does it after 15+ years of top notch coaching and he snatches 175kg. You are simply ripping the bar from the floor and you don't get into position for the second pull, not even close. If I were your coach, I would forbid you from lifting from the floor for the next 3 months. All of your lifts would be done from the hang position and I'd want to see scrape marks from the bar on your thighs. That would help fix both problems.

Fiona Muxlow
04-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Once agaiin sorry,sorry,sorry i forgot i cannt turn video around.
I will work from the hang , and see how i go. Thankyou

Andrew Cattermole
04-05-2006, 01:20 AM
I can't comment on the action,
but girl, your Quads are rocking:wink:
Nice Work Fi.

Carrie Klumpar
04-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Fiona,

About Lincoln's points--remember what we were working on in Santa Cruz in Feb, about getting your torso into an upright position before the explosion (second pull) happens, by bringing your knees forward some and decreasing you ankle angle. That's the idea here.

Try watching the vids of Erika Dice snatching and of Sage pulling off blocks in from Coach Burgener's site in slo-mo. http://www.mikesgym.org/gallery/gallery.php?show=gallery&galleryID=22. Compare with yours in slo-mo, and I think the rebend (or "scoop") that Lincoln's talking about will be apparent.

There's also Coach's discussion of the scoop and second pull in the Jan 06 issue of the journal (issue 41). You probably have that already...

John Seiler
04-07-2006, 09:20 AM
With what program should this file open? WMP isn't doing it. I tried changing the file name to .avi; no luck. This isn't the first time I've run into this with vids on this board. Thanks.

Lincoln Brigham
04-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Fiona's file is a QuickTime file, you need to download QuickTime.

Quicktime is great for this stuff because you can put the video on pause and use the cursor to rock back and forth between frames. It also allows you to do screen grabs easily.

http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/13350/22567.jpg
Here is a screen grab that has been rotated to the correct orientation. What can be seen is the early arm bend, early ankle extension, and the bar several inches forward of where it should be.

John Seiler
04-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks Lincoln. BTW, I showed your avatar to a coworker,
Me: "Hey, this pic is cool."
Her: "How is he holding onto the bar with his forearms?"
No lie.

Fiona Muxlow
04-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks carrie, having trouble getting the video to download, dam dial-up. But I have the rest of the day to wait for it,yippy finished for the day, and it raining out side so i am going to re-read the artical and my seminar notes.And grab a broomstick. Thanks

Bret Parkhill
04-11-2006, 09:25 PM
I guess Lincoln has rare earth magnets implanted in his ulnas.

Bret Parkhill
04-11-2006, 09:29 PM
At least you are catching the bar with a slight squat in your legs. I haven't quite got the hang of that yet and end up doing a power snatch instead.

John Seiler
04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Lincoln Brigham, Crossfit Wolverine.