PDA

View Full Version : Barski Clean and Snatch

Lincoln Brigham
01-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Got a new camera yesterday, thought I'd post a couple of videos.

Adrienne Harris doing Barski (high, high hang) cleans.

Barski snatches:

She does a little dip before driving up and going under the bar, but other than that I think they are pretty much the way they should be performed.

Ben Krey
01-11-2006, 10:50 AM
nice platforms

Kenneth Urakawa
01-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I know I won't be able to add anything to Linc--I just wanted to check out the place :happy:. Looking Good! I think we're going to load up and come visit you some weekend this spring. Get a little quality time in a nice neighborhood!

Steve Seckinger
01-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Great footage; that's some solid work (lifting and the platforms!)

What camera did you get? It's great!

Lincoln Brigham
01-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Kodak Z700. It's only 4 mega pixels and $200, but the video rocks. And my fitness model works for free!

Lincoln Brigham
01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Some more vids:
50kg squat clean

70kg squat clean

75kg power clean

I love this camera!

Sheila Gruenwald
01-17-2006, 10:29 PM
grrr... smile!! I can't open anything. Is there a simple way to view these....

cheers,
the some times technically challenged
sheila

Lincoln Brigham
01-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Right-click, chose "Save as" and re-name the extension from .unk to .mov

Ben Krey
01-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Lifts looked solid, but I'm going to have to call you on a 3-plate violation, lol.

Lincoln Brigham
01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Guilty as charged! 3 light plates just look so much better than a single pair of reds!

What I saw was that I wasn't really squat cleaning the bar. I was racking the bar in the power clean position and then riding it down. Need to get under the bar faster. Heels come up off the ground before the end of the pull, should keep the weight on the heels longer. On the power clean I pop my feet out too wide - not at all the same landing stance as my squat clean. Looks like I get full extension on my hips and ankles, but maybe not with my knees. Or at least not at the same time, knee extension may be late. And last but not least, I need a lot more squatting power, especially in the position just above thighs parallel to the ground.

Jerry Hill
01-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Lincoln,
So the Barski is?
On your toes, drop and pop?
Is that considered a high hang position?

When is this used - warm-ups, heavy, light?

Thanks,
Jerry

Lincoln Brigham
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Yes, from the high high hang. It's used remedially to correct slowness under the bar. Heavy as you can, which won't be much. For most people just the empty barbell will freak them out, which makes it just about right. Use less dip and pull than Adrienne demonstrates, more drop under.

Jerry Hill
01-19-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks Lincoln.
I think I lean too far forward on my hang snatches so the Barski may help.
If you get a chance evaluate my bwdt hang power snatch posted - it was a pb.
Thanks again,
Jerry