PDA

View Full Version : First Muscle Up(s)

Craig Uchimura
01-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I already posted on the 'Exercises' forum before I noticed this forum. Mind you, these were done after a 5k run and 5k row so we were a bit winded.

I am the one doing the second set of 2 MU's. My question is: my left elbow feels like it's about to explode at the bottom of the dip position and is tender after I drop to the ground (and the next couple of days also). Is there something I can do to strenghten it? Or is it an injury that needs rest? The pain feels like it's just above the point of my elbow at the tricep attachment.

Any suggestions for the MU form is greatly appreciated also. Jamie, the guy you see first did a few complete MU's prior so that's why his form is a little shakey.

Mahalo,
Craig

Lynne Pitts
01-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Craig,
I'm deleting your post in Exercises, so we don't have it in two places.

Craig Uchimura
01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks Lynne, as you can see by my vast number of posts, I'm quite the newbie here. Sorry for the trouble.

Also, thank you for the awesome job on the FAQ page. We reference it often.

Craig Uchimura
01-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Anybody? Any advice/critique? Please?

Raphael Burnes
01-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey Craig,
It doesn't look that bad to me.
I have a lot of pain deep in my bones when I do a bunch of muscle ups, and I just attribute it to weakness.

I used to have serious pain in my elbows doing low dips on rings, but it's sort of gone away now. If it gets worse when you do it maybe it would be best to rest for a bit.

You could try not full body weight muscle ups maybe, or rowing muscle ups, and see if that bothers your elbow.

Craig Uchimura
01-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Thx for the advice Raphael. Are the rowing MU's where you are basically seated with feet on the ground and you go up from there?

Raphael Burnes
01-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Yep, that would be the rowing MUs.
Or maybe do them with your feet on the ground, that might be easier on your elbows.