PDA

View Full Version : 75kg snatch

Ben Krey
08-26-2005, 01:30 AM
This was a good experience to videotape myself... made me realize how much work I need, lol. Be kind.

Ben Krey
08-26-2005, 01:41 AM
lets try that again

Ben Krey
08-26-2005, 02:07 AM
ok, so I guess I'll critique myself:

I didn't start upright enough (chest out more)
hips raise too soon
didn't keep the weight close in the second pull -out front.
arm bend a bit too early
had to hop forward to catch because the weight was out front.

-Ben

James R. Climer
08-26-2005, 07:28 AM
Even before the authorities critique, isn't it amazing how revealing the video is to you personally? I may feel like I'm doing it right, but there are so many subtle steps happening at once, it's like a golf swing.

Keith Wittenstein
08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Great job! I think That looks really good, but I think you're going too heavy. You aren't getting enough extension. You should explode more forcefully.

And all that other stuff you said too.

Keep it up!

Lincoln Brigham
08-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Not bad Ben.

I'd say many of those problems will go away if you keep the hips down at the start of the first pull.

I didn't think your start position was as bad as you make out. But that early hip rise is killing you.

Mike Burgener
08-27-2005, 08:23 AM
wish i could help you out here, but on my mac i cannot view your video. anyone have suggestions on what i should use to view on a mac? coach b

James R. Climer
08-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I finally got to a computer that has the right 'codec' (whatever the heck that is) and could view the mpg. That is a very good lift to my completey uneducated eye. It's how I would like to look.

You got me fooled. Keep up the good work.

James R. Climer
08-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Miike do you have the ability to download Apple Quick Time? I just saved the 'tonyweightlifing.mov' to my hard drive, then opened Quicktime Movie Player and clicked on File, then Open movie in new window, found where I had saved the .mov file and it played rightoff. I don't know anything about Mac, but if your computer doesn't already have Quicktime on it, you can download it off the web for free.

I hope this helps. We definitley got to get you on board this topic.

Veronica Carpenter
08-27-2005, 10:17 AM
OK, finally got it to open with quicktime. The early hip rise may or may not be bad. Depending on your build it might just be how you need to start, with the hips just a tad higher. BUT, you really have to work at pulling the bar in close. That's just one lift, though, so it's hard to tell.

I don't see a full hip extension on the second pull so the bar is a bit 'out' in front, hence your jump forward to catch. Keep the bar in close so that they brush your thighs.

Mike Burgener
08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
thanks for the suggestions re saving the mpv. got it and have evaluated the mpv of tony. elevation, elevation, i.e. finish!!!! finish strong frinish high, get tall...create momentum and elevation on the bar. off the ground you are on your toes....bar goes forward now i have to bring it back....you do...somewhat...but then you extend raising face towards ceiling...bar goes forward...you jump forward...to receive the bar....keep pulling while going under....the finish needs to be strong not soft....having said all that....not really that bad!!! remember i am picky...i critique a bit strong....you h ave potential and can get this....oly lifting is about being agressive!!!! not a weak sister or weak brother (see i am sensitive) its about being born again hard!!!! get tall, get strong!!! pull yourself under the bar with enthusiasm!!!! coach bhttp://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/13350/13430.jpg

Ben Krey
08-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Thank you to all who critiqued. I read all of your posts several times. We lifted again today and I recorded most of it, so I'll try to get a couple of videos up. It has definately been an education to watch myself lift on video.

-Ben