PDA

View Full Version : What is acceptable here?

Brendan Sonnichsen
08-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi,

If I were to, say, post a video of a basic movement such as a squat here, (basic in comparison to a clean & jerk), would that be acceptable?

I've read the squat journal a bunch of times, but I seem to be struggling with bringing my chest down too close to my knees, and I can't figure out what I need to do to correct that. I'd love some coaching.

Brendan

Graham Hayes
08-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Not my bandwidth, but I would say having a proper squat is more important than...anything in athletics.

Looking at the squat clinic I would say, do bar holds and overhead squats in the manner described in the journal. I would suggest when you workout do your warm up, then spend 10-15 minutes practicing bar holds, overhead squats and squats before doing the WOD. Good luck!

Carrie Klumpar
08-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Yes, Brendan, post it!

Bryant Powers
08-30-2005, 04:39 PM
What about different things like basic gymnastic moves, difficult BW movements( one arm push up, one leg squat, Muscle up), slacklining, indo board etc. I wouldn't mind helping people with some of this stuff if I could. I know not all of these things are a technical as oly lifting but I read the CFJ and am not sure that it said what was to be posted here or not.

Kalen Meine
09-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Everything comes back to basics. I say, if you honestly think a second opinion would help, and you've messed with it throughly on your own, post away.