PDA

View Full Version : My Clean

David Easton
10-04-2005, 02:45 PM
this is a video of me doing squat cleans for 3 reps ( plus the baby trying to help )

Any comments will be appreciated.

Laura Rucker
10-05-2005, 12:00 PM
I haven't been able to view it either at home or at work, Davie.

Anyone else have any luck?

David Easton
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
try re-naming it to a mpeg file

Lincoln Brigham
10-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Nope.

James R. Climer
10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Ditto

Ben Krey
10-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I played it in realplayer, but I have the divx codec (http://www.divx.com/divx/codec.php).

I think your technique is looking pretty good. I was just waiting to see your baby get a knurling tattoo on the forehead. Thats motivation to keep the bar close to you I guess :-).
I would be interested to see you add a little weight and a little speed.
Advice from a newb for what its worth:
Lock the back tight, strong. Shoulder blades rolled back, big chest, but arms rotated in so that elbows point out. Keep your arms straight as long as you can, Stay on the front of your heels as long as you can and pull higher into full HIP extension. Whip the elbows around fast and get them up high!
I've only been lifting since February, so I'm no expert.
-Ben

David Easton
10-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Thanks ben, it did come a little bit close to the wee ones head

Ill take another video with some weight on it and try and post that later this weekend.

Graham Hayes
10-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Looking much sexier than last time I saw you O-lift, good work!

Like Ben said get the full hip extension, it looks like your rushing to the squat position, don't worry you've already overcome gravity the bar will remain airborne. With the just the bar, you should be able to jump off the ground and stamp the floor hard into the squat position just like we were taught at the seminar. Also work the shoulder shrug, you need to be wearing your arms on your ears.