PDA

View Full Version : Snatch assistance required

Mark J Bollong
10-30-2005, 05:57 PM
FIrst time seeing myself on video. Please help! Clip is in quicktime .mov format. Thanks.

Mark J Bollong
10-30-2005, 05:59 PM
I just tried opening and had the same trouble as I did with eva's clip. You have to change the ext to .mov, for some reason it changes to .unk when uploaded.

Lincoln Brigham
10-30-2005, 06:49 PM
The first rep was the best, by far. But in general, you are not jumping the bar up - you're muscling it up. You need more speed at the top of the jump and also on the pull under.

Carrie Klumpar
10-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Yep, I agree with Lincoln that the first one is best. It's the most dynamic--it's fastest, you actually get some jump, there's less "muscling" of the bar.

A few observations in general:

You're bending your arms too soon. Once the bar clears your knees, jump explosively up and simultaneously *shrug* the shoulders to get momentum on the bar; only when you've hit extension and the bar is traveling up should you bend the arms. It's not so much pulling the bar up by bending your arms as it is bending them just to allow the bar to continue upward while you pull yourself under it.

Really, actively, tightly press the bar up toward the ceiling, with straight arms, once it's overhead. Keep active shoulders. Keep everything (arms, back, abs, etc.) tight.

Do *not* come forward onto your toes at the bottom of the squat. Practice OHS with low weight and get comfy down there, with your heels down.

Thanks for posting the clip, Mark.

Mark J Bollong
11-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks for your help.