PDA

View Full Version : Adding Weight to Kettlebells

David Ballard
04-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I've searched the internet and tried to think about it, but I have not thought of a competant way to add weight to my kettlebell. Any suggestions? I just want to add 10 to 20 lb to my 53 lber before I buy a new heavier one. I want something practical that would allow me to do snatches and cleans. Double handed swings I can always just use an adjustable dumbbell.

Aaron Cawley
04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
why not just buy one that is 10lbs heavier? does your bell have a rubber plate on the bottom? if so, perform better sells a 2kg weight that will screw into the hole in the bottom.

Todd Condell
04-17-2010, 10:54 AM
David
I have included a link but what you are looking for is a thing called plate mates.
http://www.theplatemate.com/products.htm (wfs).

From their site:
"PlateMates make microloading easy at any professional or home gym with their revolutionary, patented superstrong magnetic design, three versatile styles - hex, ring, and brick - and micro increments from 5/8 lbs to 5 lbs."

Take a look its probably what you want I've seen them on kettlebells a couple different places. Put a 5lb plate on the front and back of the KB and you have ten lbs. You can do the same with two 5 lbers on the front and two on the back giving you 20lbs.
However cost-wise by the time you buy these you could probably buy the size KBs you were looking for.