PDA

View Full Version : Before & After pics - 5 months of CrossFit

Jennie Yundt
06-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Everyone!

My first experience with CrossFit was January 12th of this year.....AT THE LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION! I kind of jumped into it head first. I knew I needed to make a change for myself, and CrossFit seemed awesome. Plus, my boyfriend was going, and I couldn't let him have all the fun without me, right?!

Little did I know that CrossFit would change my life! On January 12th, I could jog about 100 meters before feeling like I was going to die, and I couldn't even do a single pull up. It was embarassing! I quickly learned how wonderful and supportive the CrossFit family is.

Today, I find myself signing up for 5K juns, and my PR for pull ups is 15. 15 BIG ONES BABY! I wanted to share my before and after pictures (even though they're embarassing) to hopefully motivate and inspire other people to give this program a try. Look what I accomplished in 5 months! Imagine where I'll be after a year! Imagine where YOU could be after 5 months!

Anyone can do this, you just got to believe!

Casey Raiford
06-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I seriously doubt that five YEARS of Crossfit would make me look like that in a bikini. Nice work!

Dave Parmly
06-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Great job. I discovered the outline of my lower mandible over the past 8 weeks too!

Your posture looks a ton better as well...must be firing those flexors!

Geoff Sallee
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Another benefit: Crossfit makes you tan! :rofl:

Seriously, that's an amazing change. I myself am down about 15 pounds since January, and it feels great. Keep up the good work.

Jennie Yundt
06-10-2008, 01:57 PM
"Your posture looks a ton better as well...must be firing those flexors!"

You're definitely right about the posture! I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out, but I was a total sloucher. My flexors didn't even EXIST in January.

I laughed when a friend pointed out how clichet my after pictures are. I really didn't go tanning on purpose! We just got back from vacation! :) I suppose I could have put on some makeup before taking the pictures! Sheesh.

Sean Dunston
06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Awesome work!

Those are serious results and very quick!

:highfive:

Michael Blazek
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Great Work!

Nick Hanson
06-10-2008, 04:29 PM
If any woman ever tells me they are worried about getting big from lifting or doing crossfit. I am going to show them your pics.

Dave Parmly
06-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Jennifer, IMHAWIO the posture improvement is one of the most important changes. We strive for great form when performing a lift/movement, but our posture IS OUR FORM for the rest of our waking moments. One benefits the other...

I have been doing some research into the psoas and the associated muscles of the hips...neglected by most but oh, so vital to so many "hidden" aspects of our physique. Your exterior improvement is really just a side benefit! But it does feel good, doesn't it?

Stay at it!

Camille Lore
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
That's incredible! Thanks for posting it.
How did you eat for the 5 months?
(I'm about 4 months in!)

Brett Dartt
06-10-2008, 06:02 PM
wow.
im two months in and my photos havent changed at all. those are awesome pics. and.........
hi my name is brett:cool:

j/k. thanks for the photos. they are inspiring

David Meverden
06-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Jennifer, that's fantastic! Great stuff! Both the performance/strength improvements and the nice beach body you've earned. Now for something I just could NOT resist commenting on.

Jennifer, IMHAWIO . . .

Holy obscure internet abbreviation, batman! Sorry to be off topic but I was baffled by this one. Figured some quick googling would fix that!

Google attempt one: "IMHAWIO Acronym"
"Your search - IMHAWIO acronym - did not match any documents. "

Huh? NONE?

Google attempt two: "IMHAWIO"
"Results 1 - 2 of 2 for IMHAWIO"
TWO webpages, both part of the Filmont digest (a boyscout troop message board) from a few years ago. TWO.

Googling attempt three for comparison: "IMHO"
"Results 1 - 10 of about 32,900,000 for IMHO"

Dave, it appears you may only be the second person EVER to use this abbreviation, haha.

Oh, and it stands for "In my humble and widely ignored opinion"

Elliot Fuller
06-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Great results, Jennifer. I'm curious what you've been eating as well, because as anyone who's been doing CrossFit seriously will tell you, diet is half the battle (or more, even). Is this another CrossFit/Zone success story?

Whatever you've been doing, keep at it, and good luck.

Dave Parmly
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
David, In My Humble And Widely Ignored Opinion is a common phrase in my immediate family. I doubt we made it up but it has been in our vernacular for some time. And I am a frequent contributor to the Philmont List-Serve (I'm pretty active in BSA High Adventure treks, etc.) so I'm probably the one who dropped that one out there. You are a linguistic detective and you have me cornered, sir. My sword, sir.

People who know our family would probably opine that we hold few of our opinions as humble and we do not suffer them being ignored lightly so there is always a trace of irony when IMHAWIO is used.

Jennie Yundt
06-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Great results, Jennifer. I'm curious what you've been eating as well, because as anyone who's been doing CrossFit seriously will tell you, diet is half the battle (or more, even). Is this another CrossFit/Zone success story?

Thank you for your kind words! This is actually a CrossFit/Paleo success story. Weighing and measuring was just WAY WAY WAY too complicated for me. I have had a lot of help from Robb Wolf's performance menu! It was tough at first to learn a new way to cook, but now that I've been doing it for a while it's a piece of cake. Er....paleo cake. :-)

Jennie Yundt
06-11-2008, 06:18 AM
Holy obscure internet abbreviation, batman!

:rofl: Ok Seriously....I'm DYING laughing!

Camille Lore
06-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the info about your nutrition. I'll have to check more into paleo. I think the only place I'm off now is the dairy.

Dave Parmly
06-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Jennifer, with your permission, I want to share your post with a young lady I work with who is curious about CF. She went through a KB workshop I set up in our corporate fitness center (taught by the CF-certified trainers from Cherokee CF). She's using the bells as part of a general fitness routine but I think she would be psyched to see your results. You two look like you started out at a similar point of GPP. Your progress was, as all have noted, excellent. 5 months seems short but it's a pretty long haul.

What motivated you to want to attempt something as different and counter-culture as CF?
Did you use this site exclusively or did you use a CF facility?
What was your tipping point to say "I'm sticking with this?"

Jennie Yundt
06-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Jennifer, with your permission, I want to share your post with a young lady I work with who is curious about CF.

You are more than welcome to share my results. I appreciate that you asked permission before forwarding my bathing-suit wearing self (with bra-fat exposed) to everyone on your distribution list. :o I hope you can convince her to give it a try!

What motivated you to want to attempt something as different and counter-culture as CF?
Did you use this site exclusively or did you use a CF facility?
What was your tipping point to say "I'm sticking with this?"

My motivation came from my boyfriend, Bill. He has been a CrossFit die-hard, and he helped me believe that I could really do this. Watching the videos was very intimidating....it was all these elite level athletes pumping through the workouts like there was nothing to them! And the CF facility I used was my own. Bill and I attended the cert in January, and affiliated immediately upon our return.

All it really took for me to say "I'm sticking with this" was a quick glance at my arms in the mirror while I was blow-drying my hair. :) I could feel the results of the hard work almost immediately, and not long after I could SEE the results too. It took a while to get accustomed to the "uncomfortable" feeling you get during a WOD. Most people won't push through the "uncomfortable", they'll back off just before they get to that part. For me, I learned to get uncomfortable and like it!

I focused all my energy on fitness goals instead of a number on the scale. The better bikini body was a by-product of better fitness!

Anthony DiSarro
06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I attended last weekends Level 1 cert. in Jacksonville and besides being just blown away by the level of instruction I PR'd on consecutive muscle ups with 5.

Anthony DiSarro
06-12-2008, 04:17 PM
oops don't know why that went to Jenn's thread...operator error. Great job Jenn, my wife is motivated (finally) by your progress.

Eric Lester
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
This is very impressive. Do you follow 3 on / 1 off?

Nick Cummings
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
At the risk of revealing my huge nerd status, those are you erectors. =)
And that is some nice progress. Keep up the good work!

Brandon Oto
06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
LOL... it's like those infomercials... the "after" pic has better lighting and a tan :D

Great work.

Jennie Yundt
06-13-2008, 06:49 AM
This is very impressive. Do you follow 3 on / 1 off?

Hi Eric,

For the first month or so, I didn't have a set schedule. It averaged out to be around 3 times a week though. Months 2 - 5 I have been working out 3 on, 1 off. Lately I have been stretching to 4 or 5 days before taking a rest day though. :p Why do I always feel guilty about taking a rest day!? I know my body needs it, but I just feel like I'm missing something!

Jennie Yundt
06-13-2008, 06:53 AM
my wife is motivated (finally) by your progress.

Hooray! :kicking0: (throwing confetti) That is EXACTLY why I posted my progress pictures! I'm glad to hear that your wife is going to give it a try. Hopefully she's no longer worried that she'll "get big" from lifting weights.

Make sure she takes pictures so she can see the progress for herself. I sometimes forget that I had a double chin....the pictures help keep me motivated.

Jennie Yundt
06-13-2008, 06:56 AM
LOL... it's like those infomercials... the "after" pic has better lighting and a tan :D

Ok...you got me...I am a master of trick photography! :surrende: Yeah, I didn't even plan on that! The first two pictures there was a lot of natural light from the windows, but the day we took my most recent shot, it was kinda gloomy, so I flipped on the light in the hallway. You guys can use my secret Ninja skills for taking your progress pics too! I promise not to tell! :-)

Frank DiMeo
06-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Nice work, Jennie!
Congrats!

Dave Parmly
06-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Jennifer, the 2 ladies in my office were VERY impressed and one said "15 PUs...her arms don't look that big." I said "It's not size we go for, it's STRENGTH." That seemed to make a huge impression.

I can't think of any other "community" that people would A) post pictures like this and B) get such support.

Neil Khant
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Jennifer,

Being that it seems as though you had little strength to start what did you do as a workout? Brand X scaled?

I am asking because I am hard core into Crossfit and I think this has gotten my wife to say, Lets try this.

She is in the place where you were 6 months ago. I want to start her right without scaring her. She is not athletic and I want to get her going and keep her motivated. If I put too much strain on her immediately I may scare her off.

Your input seems like it would be important for me and her.

And the results you showed us all are very impressive.
:thanx:

James Reynolds
06-13-2008, 09:00 AM
I have used your great results as reassurance to keep my gf going w/the zone and crossfit, so thanks so much for posting up, and congrats on the great work and dedication it took to make such great progress.

Vids of Jodi B. doing dead lifts as well as others already helped me break the idea she had in her head that she'd get "buff like a man" if she did anything with weights.

Now to get "but my trainer from 24hr fitness said..." out of her head....

Tom Girouard
06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Absolutely awesome job. I just cut and pasted this link to my 19 yo daughter. Something I have been preaching rather unsuccessfully for the last couple of years. I hope this serves as her inspiration.

Dave Parmly
06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
When will we get a WOD named "Jennifer"?

Jennie Yundt
06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Being that it seems as though you had little strength to start what did you do as a workout? Brand X scaled?

Thanks Neil! I'm very glad to hear that my pictures have helped bring your wife closer to "drinking the kool-aid". I recommend CrossFit to literally every single person I ever talk to! Our membership is almost 50/50 men and women!

As for your question about scaling, yes - I followed brand x scaling. Their website was my lifesaver! I started with jumping pullups, and using really light weights. From there, I progressed to an assistance band for pullups, and then finally to doing them on my own. Last night I did 5 sets of 15....my hands are KILLING ME, but it's good. :)

The one thing that I had to learn was that you NEED to fight through DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). If you sit at home thinking, "I'm too sore to work out" you'll never progress. 5 months ago I felt a lot of soreness after working out, but tell your wife that it eventually goes away. Nowadays I have to really take a beating in order to feel significant soreness.

You're from Naperville!? You're not that far from our facility! Stop in any time for a workout. We let everyone have their first week free! www.crossfitfire.com

Christin Street
06-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Jennifer- Thanks just amazing!You need to post this on the "Where's the Girl Power" thread under "Starting." Congrats! Your pull-up progression is inspirational too!

Neil Khant
06-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Jennifer,

I sent you an email.

Brady Herrin
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Aweseome work! I wish I could get my wife to give this a try. She's still stuck on the Weight Watchers and cardio wagon. I'm going to show her this thread tonight!

Dustin Ma
06-13-2008, 03:35 PM
:applauds:

keep up the good work

Jennie Yundt
06-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Aweseome work! I wish I could get my wife to give this a try. She's still stuck on the Weight Watchers and cardio wagon. I'm going to show her this thread tonight!

Brady - I used to be on that same wagon! I did step classes three times a week, and made sure to eat "healthy" food choices. Needless to say, my results were non-existant (see photos of bra fat), and the workouts were BORING. CrossFit classes are the BEST in that they are still a group environment; you're not stuck working out alone. Plus, why hop around for an hour at step class when you can get a SOLID workout in about 20 minutes?

As for Weight Watchers....how many people does she know that have taken that route, stuck with it, and really been successful? I know quite a few people who have tried it, and they never seem to be able to stick with it.

Hopefully your wife will at least give CrossFit a shot! I can tell you that she will NEVER regret it!

Stephen Smith
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM
That is definitely an inspirational before -> after progression! Good think you had a bathing suit that tied on the sides, or it would be falling off you in the last pic...:p

Benjamin Walsh
06-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Amazing. I'll show my girlfriend to prove that the sandbag workout I put her through yesterday was worth nearly puking. Keep up the good work.

Jennie Yundt
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Amazing. I'll show my girlfriend to prove that the sandbag workout I put her through yesterday was worth nearly puking. Keep up the good work.

Yes! Please tell her to stick with it! I have never puked during a workout (knocks on wood) but I've been very close. Make sure you're giving her the workouts in scaled formats so that you don't kill her!

Caitlin McDonald
06-17-2008, 07:03 PM
WOW!! if that doesn't give a new girl like me hope, i don't know what does!! that's fantastic! i think i'm going to do the same thing, but no bikini for me!!

Jimi Miller
06-18-2008, 05:03 AM
but no bikini for me!!

Naked! :D

Jennie Yundt
06-20-2008, 07:05 AM
WOW!! if that doesn't give a new girl like me hope, i don't know what does!! that's fantastic! i think i'm going to do the same thing, but no bikini for me!!

Thanks Caitlin! :) Definitely take progression pictures. It's easy to forget where you started from! If you're not brave enough for the bikini, wear something tight so that you can clearly see the progression. You don't ever have to show the pictures to anyone, just keep them for your own sense of accomplishment.

Dave Campbell
06-20-2008, 08:13 AM
You look absolutely stunning and your quick progress is amazing! My wife has been hemming and hawwing about starting CF for a while. I have to show her your pictures. Well done.

Jessica Lasky
06-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Great Job Jennifer! Very motivating pics and I really hope it shows other females out there that they aren't going to get "big" from CF'ing, it's quite the opposite actually! Keep up the good work!

Joshua Murphy
06-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Great job, thanks for sharing! I am sure you have already inspired a lot of people!!

Chad Skola
06-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Congratulations on the amazing progress!!! Very inspirational photos that I want to show to a few family members and friends if you don't mind?

One of the being my wife, who I would love to be inspired to workout with my on a regular basis rather then once a month.

Keep it up!!!

Chad

Jennie Yundt
06-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Congratulations on the amazing progress!!! Very inspirational photos that I want to show to a few family members and friends if you don't mind?

Thanks Chad! You're more than welcome to show your family members and friends. I don't mind at all.

Jennie

Phillip Garrison
06-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I just have one question. Exactly which workout was it that gave you a better tan?

Stephen Baker
06-26-2008, 06:32 PM
That's our little girl!

Jennie Yundt
06-27-2008, 06:09 AM
I just have one question. Exactly which workout was it that gave you a better tan?

HA! It was definitely a combination of kb swings, burpees and pullups! I went on a houseboat trip in sunny Kentucky for 5 days and brought a set of KB's with. I worked out every morning on the top deck of our 80' houseboat! Give that a try, and let me know if your tan improves.

Dave Parmly
06-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Don't mess with Jennifer.

It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Jennie Yundt
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Don't mess with Jennifer.

It's like bringing a knife to a gunfight.

LOL! You crack me up Dave! That brings to mind a string of funny Chuck Norris sayings...

"When Chuck Norris does push ups, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the Earth down."

Phillip Garrison
06-27-2008, 11:51 AM
HA! It was definitely a combination of kb swings, burpees and pullups! I went on a houseboat trip in sunny Kentucky for 5 days and brought a set of KB's with. I worked out every morning on the top deck of our 80' houseboat! Give that a try, and let me know if your tan improves.

Will it give me a hairless chest and midsection too? :evilsmile

Jennie Yundt
06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Will it give me a hairless chest and midsection too? :evilsmile

Hey Phil,

There's a scene from 40-year-old-virgin that'll show you how to get that hairless chest you want! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy8Ed2MU0Uc (it's the clip from the movie - so there's cursing)

:yikes:

Phillip Garrison
06-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah I love that scene.

Dave Parmly
06-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Chuck Norris wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

Jennie Yundt
06-30-2008, 09:12 AM
As a quick update - I have been "greasing the groove" for the last week or so, and have increased my pull ups to 20! 20! WOO HOO! (throwing confetti)

Have I mentioned that I completely love CrossFit!? :kicking0:

Dave Parmly
06-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Oh, wait, I see...I tell you I hit 15, you start GTG-ing and you jump to 20. Got it. Now I see whom it is I'm trying to beat! I guess it's even worse since mine are kipping, not DH.:D

Seriously, WTG, girl.

Jennie Yundt
06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
HA! I wish I could do 20DH, but alas.....(sorry to disappoint) my pull ups are kipping.

Alix Clark
06-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey Jennie - great stuff! You've inspired me to take pix. I've been CF-ing for about 3 months now but it's hard for me to see the changes in my body. I need to get that photographic evidence to convince myself! Nice work on your kips too - they still elude me though my DH are not too bad. Well done!

Bobby Nauss
07-03-2008, 07:20 PM
My wife has been the "I have to get in shape before I really try CrossFit," type of person for a while. She saw your pictures over my shoulder the other night and has since started really getting into CrossFit. She wants me to find her a women's CF bar now too!!!!!

Great job, thanks for posting the pics...it was just the extra motivation my better half seemed to need.

James Besenyei
07-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Damn, damn, damn. Niiiice. You're my wife's hero.

Jennie Yundt
07-07-2008, 08:23 AM
My wife has been the "I have to get in shape before I really try CrossFit," type of person for a while. She saw your pictures over my shoulder the other night and has since started really getting into CrossFit. She wants me to find her a women's CF bar now too!!!!!

Great job, thanks for posting the pics...it was just the extra motivation my better half seemed to need.
Bobby, I'm SO GLAD your better half is going to give it a try! I have heard more than a few times that people feel like they need to "get in shape" before doing CrossFit. It's so silly! THIS IS how you get in shape! :-)

David F Boyd
07-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Great job. I am trying to get my wife into Crossfit, but she seems against any workout program. Do you have any advice I could use to get my wife motovated. Your progress is amazing. Keep up the hard work.

Sakura Barrientos
07-07-2008, 11:12 AM
duuuuude. i should have taken pics like you. i did but more of an emphasis on the tummy because of the baby. haha. awesome job!!! i think i might try out paleo because i tried zoning and with the baby and going after that second degree...it's hell. haha. well, kinda.

hmmm. brand x. you know, i always read about it and hear about it...i think it's time to check it out. i've been "off" from CF for a month now. ugggh. fat slug. hahaha! but i have some equipment at home and that's no excuse. after the games, it's time to put MY game face on!!!!

i might have missed it...but what were your stats and what are your stats now? i need to do my BF assessment again. but went from 205 a day before i gave birth to 139 currently.

thanks for sharing!

Jennie Yundt
07-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Great job. I am trying to get my wife into Crossfit, but she seems against any workout program. Do you have any advice I could use to get my wife motovated. Your progress is amazing. Keep up the hard work.
Hi David,

It's hard to say what could motivate your wife. Everyone is motivated differently! Some people are motivated to improve their physical appearance for a vacation....others do it just for the health and longevity. To be safe, I always cover all the bases when I explain crossfit to unmotivated friends or family members. I tell them about the health and longevity benefits AND I throw in that the better bikini body is just a by product of better fitness! Start her on a program that won't be hard to stick to. Once she drinks the Kool-Aid you can increase intensity! It was hard for me to stick with it at first because it was SO HARD, and so different than what I was used to. Ask her to try it with you for a month..what does she have to lose!?

Jennie Yundt
07-07-2008, 01:35 PM
duuuuude. i should have taken pics like you. i did but more of an emphasis on the tummy because of the baby. haha. awesome job!!! i think i might try out paleo because i tried zoning and with the baby and going after that second degree...it's hell. haha. well, kinda.

hmmm. brand x. you know, i always read about it and hear about it...i think it's time to check it out. i've been "off" from CF for a month now. ugggh. fat slug. hahaha! but i have some equipment at home and that's no excuse. after the games, it's time to put MY game face on!!!!

i might have missed it...but what were your stats and what are your stats now? i need to do my BF assessment again. but went from 205 a day before i gave birth to 139 currently.

thanks for sharing!
Hi Sakura,

I am SO glad I took the pictures! It really helped me track my progress. While being able to do 20 pull ups is cool, it's definitely motivating to see the physical changes as well! I've seen your pictures, and you have come SO FAR! YOU GO GIRL!

Brand X was my best friend when I started. Their scaling is definitely the best I have seen. They have great substitubions, and post the workout in 3 different formats.

I'm 5'6"/29yrs old/and I was 159lbs when I started, and currently weigh 139lbs. I haven't figured out how to use the calipers yet, so I don't know what my body fat percentage is. I know my back fat percentage has decreased significantly! :-)

Sakura Barrientos
07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
what's a good source for paleo? i was going to go grocery shopping today with that in mind but i had so much stats homework. poo. i figure i need to change it up a bit. the zone was great to me from the start but i'd like to give paleo a whirl since i hear so much about it.

besides, i've chipped away at a BULK of the fat i accumulated...still have more to go mainly in the glutes...ugggh. so gross. haha! i feel it's downhill from here. my main goal is to start gaining visible muscle. i don't care what anyone says but muscle on women is HELLA sexy. haha!

Jennie Yundt
07-08-2008, 06:12 AM
what's a good source for paleo?

Robb Wolf's Blog is a GREAT source for paleo recipes and just nutrition in general. Take a peek at his performance menu - it's a collection of recipes that helped me tremendously!

David F Boyd
07-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks Jenifer, I will give it a try. I hope that I can put some before and after pics like yours of the wife up soon!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Jennie Yundt
07-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks Jenifer, I will give it a try. I hope that I can put some before and after pics like yours of the wife up soon!!!!! Keep up the good work.
David, did your wife finally agree to give CrossFit a try???

Christopher O'Leary
07-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Aloha Jennifer... results are awesome and you most definetly feel better being fit and tan. Getting tan probably had alot to do with not being ashamed of showing off that bod!! Nice...

Jeff Bowser
07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your post. My wife has just finished a CF bootcamp at our local affiliate and is getting started. I've forwarded your post to her and no doubt will help her in her new CF journey!

It seems to be a common situation where this post is encouraging countless CF Wifes to become CF Fire Breathers. Good job!

Victor Putz
07-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Wow--CF not only tanned you, it tanned the whole door behind you!

Kidding! Fantastic progress. I've been doing (heavily scaled and without much equipment) CF for almost a year now without that kind of result, which pretty much schools me that I'm not taking it seriously enough (heh). Nice work!

Jennie Yundt
07-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks Jeff! I have heard from a few CF wives both on the boards and personally about how they are feeling inspired to give CF a try! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I HOPED FOR!

My friends and family think I'm totally out of my mind because I tell everyone I meet about CrossFit. The girl selling drink tickets at Venetian night....our waittress....the lady at the checkout counter at the grocery store....even the guy that works at the pet food store! I believe so strongly that CrossFit is the best there is, that I would feel selfish not telling everyone about it!

Richard Macaulay
07-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Daaaaaaaaam girl, ur kicking ***. Though i wouldnt go about in that bikini alot or ul be getting mobbed in the street by admirers?!heehee.

Ricky

Jennie Yundt
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Daaaaaaaaam girl, ur kicking ***. Though i wouldnt go about in that bikini alot or ul be getting mobbed in the street by admirers?!heehee.

Ricky
That's some good advice Richard! I typically stick to being fully clothed in public. :-)

Richard Macaulay
07-23-2008, 06:36 AM
That's some good advice Richard! I typically stick to being fully clothed in public. :-)

haha thank you, i put alot of time and thought into it. Though seriously great work, you must be feeling very proud of yourself (and rightly so)?!

What are your goals for the next 5 months?

Ricky

Jennie Yundt
07-23-2008, 08:14 AM
haha thank you, i put alot of time and thought into it. Though seriously great work, you must be feeling very proud of yourself (and rightly so)?!

What are your goals for the next 5 months?

Ricky
Hi Ricky,

My goals for the next 5 months...hmm.....I am up to 20 pull ups, and I'd like to get as many as 40! Also, I'd like to work on strength a little more. I would LOVE to compete at the 2009 Games (just for fun), but my strength is nowhere near where it needs to be. My single rep max for the deadlift isn't even 185! :-) I'm going to continue working out 5 days on 1 or 2 days off, but add some skill work/strength to the mix.

I also plan on trying to mix some zone portioning into my diet, and starting to really fine tune what I'm eating. I am still not quite as lean as I'd like to be!

Richard Macaulay
07-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Hi Ricky,

My goals for the next 5 months...hmm.....I am up to 20 pull ups, and I'd like to get as many as 40! Also, I'd like to work on strength a little more. I would LOVE to compete at the 2009 Games (just for fun), but my strength is nowhere near where it needs to be. My single rep max for the deadlift isn't even 185! :-) I'm going to continue working out 5 days on 1 or 2 days off, but add some skill work/strength to the mix.

I also plan on trying to mix some zone portioning into my diet, and starting to really fine tune what I'm eating. I am still not quite as lean as I'd like to be!

Are you really wanting to get that much leaner? You look great as u are.

Have u zoned before?

Iv got targets of a 200Kg deadift, im at 176kg's at the mo.Though my 5 rep max is 166Kg's, whihc doesnt seem to make sense lol.

Id also like an 80-100Kg standing press.

Also want to train at proper affiliate in the states when i come over at the beginning of the year. Than once iv finished my personal training studies i want to get CF certified. If im going to be a personal trainer anyway i may aswell train people they i train myself.

Ricky

Jennie Yundt
07-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Are you really wanting to get that much leaner? You look great as u are.

Have u zoned before?

Ricky

I haven't been zoning, but I have just started to measure how much I'm eating. I've been logging it all online using www.thedailyplate.com (w/f/s). This has helped me to start fine tuning how much I'm consuming so that I can continue to get leaner. I'm not going to be a skeleton! I'll be a CrossFit Warrior Princess though! :p

Richard Macaulay
07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
I haven't been zoning, but I have just started to measure how much I'm eating. I've been logging it all online using www.thedailyplate.com (w/f/s). This has helped me to start fine tuning how much I'm consuming so that I can continue to get leaner. I'm not going to be a skeleton! I'll be a CrossFit Warrior Princess though! :p

haha i have no doubt that u will be a great CF warrior princess. Actually as someone who has had the success u have had,+has gotten CF certified,+has opened an affiliate....u might be a CF warrior princess already??!!lol.

You wont be stick thin, ul have those sexy arms and figure that your fellow Cf elite women also posses?!

Ricky

Leanne M Lloyd
07-30-2008, 11:50 AM

I used to use MFD (My Food Diary), but I was doing a search for some nutritional information and ran across thedailyplate.com just yesterday. I cancelled my $9/mo subscription to MFD and signed up for the FREE daily plate membership. Might upgrade to gold... only 3.75 a month; but meh.

Jennie Yundt
07-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I used to use MFD (My Food Diary), but I was doing a search for some nutritional information and ran across thedailyplate.com just yesterday. I cancelled my $9/mo subscription to MFD and signed up for the FREE daily plate membership. Might upgrade to gold... only 3.75 a month; but meh.

My only complaint about the daily plate is that there is no easy way to enter your "fitness" if you're doing CrossFit. Other than that, they have all the wonderful stuff we eat from Trader Joe's. That makes me happy. :)

Leanne M Lloyd
07-31-2008, 02:09 PM
My only complaint about the daily plate is that there is no easy way to enter your "fitness" if you're doing CrossFit. Other than that, they have all the wonderful stuff we eat from Trader Joe's. That makes me happy. :)

I haven't tried to log my fitness yet, but perhaps I'll just make do with on my log here and the journal I keep at home for now and keep my calories on target.

BTW great job, your before/after pictures are great, and you're size 3 now??!? :highfive: You're now one of my new motivators! looks like we started at about the same size and I'm working towards getting down to a 3 or 5 (with muscle this time). Thanks for the inspiration!

Caitlin McDonald
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Jennifer, do you have a video of you guys at your gym? Since this thread has gotten over 12,000 views, you should have a spotlight, or something in the videos.

Jennie Yundt
08-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Jennifer, do you have a video of you guys at your gym? Since this thread has gotten over 12,000 views, you should have a spotlight, or something in the videos.

Having a spotlight or a video would definitely be fun! (psst! What's a spotlight?) :) We have been making little videos here and there, but they haven't been of us, they've been of our CrossFitters. Maybe we can make something over the weekend though! Any ideas for an interesting video? I'm on an "all legs" program for about a week or two due to an arm injury. So this little guy is me..... no arms: :run:

Sean Dunston
08-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Jennifer - did I miss it, or have you posted new pics?
I saw in another thread that you are down to a size 2 -- and the pics at the beginning of this thread say you were down to a size 6.

Richard Macaulay
08-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Jennifer - did I miss it, or have you posted new pics?
I saw in another thread that you are down to a size 2 -- and the pics at the beginning of this thread say you were down to a size 6.

Shes a machine sean, plain and simple lol.

Ricky

Sean Dunston
08-01-2008, 07:36 AM

Ricky

That's a given!

Jennie Yundt
08-02-2008, 07:16 PM

Ricky

You guys crack me up! :) Yes, I am down to a size 3 now. (throwing confetti) Seriously, I never thought I'd be a 3. I wasn't even a 3 in high school! CrossFit blows my mind! My clothes budget was completely unprepared for this! I got down to a 7 and thought I should buy all new clothes.....then I got down to a 5 and thought, "Nah, i won't get smaller than this".....psh...little did I know! it's a good thing lifting weights didn't make me "bulk up"!

My plan is to work really hard through August, and post updated pictures September 1st. Hopefully the update will continue to inspire all the lovely CrossFitting goddesses to stick with it!

Christin Street
08-03-2008, 05:22 AM
Hey Jennifer- Congrats on the great results! This stuff really works! Keep up the good work. :)

Jennie Yundt
08-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey Jennifer- Congrats on the great results! This stuff really works! Keep up the good work. :)

Christin - I just realized your avatar has Christmas stockings in the background. :) Those are some very merry Christmas abs you have! Did Santa bring those? :p

Clay Warford
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
dang...good job!

Clay Warford
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi Everyone!

My first experience with CrossFit was January 12th of this year.....AT THE LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION! I kind of jumped into it head first. I knew I needed to make a change for myself, and CrossFit seemed awesome. Plus, my boyfriend was going, and I couldn't let him have all the fun without me, right?!

Little did I know that CrossFit would change my life! On January 12th, I could jog about 100 meters before feeling like I was going to die, and I couldn't even do a single pull up. It was embarassing! I quickly learned how wonderful and supportive the CrossFit family is.

Today, I find myself signing up for 5K juns, and my PR for pull ups is 15. 15 BIG ONES BABY! I wanted to share my before and after pictures (even though they're embarassing) to hopefully motivate and inspire other people to give this program a try. Look what I accomplished in 5 months! Imagine where I'll be after a year! Imagine where YOU could be after 5 months!

did u diet at all???

Jennie Yundt
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
did u diet at all???

I have been following the Paleo diet since January. It was nice to start with Paleo, because I didn't have to be too concerned about how much I was eating, as long as it was whole, natural foods. It's only now that I'm starting to keep a serious food log and starting to dial in macro nutrient ratios.

Laurie Farmer
08-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow, Jennifer. You are amazing. I LOVE CF WOMEN!!!! I can't wait to see the next set of pictures.

Now I just need to get my own eating dialed in and stop making excuses.:o
THAT'S IT! You goaded me into it. I'm going Paleo, cold-turkey, RIGHT NOW.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Christin Street
08-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Christin - I just realized your avatar has Christmas stockings in the background. :) Those are some very merry Christmas abs you have! Did Santa bring those? :p
Good observation, Jennifer! Yes the pic was taken at Xmas. I've lost some of the abs in favor of strength! ::( Hard to find the balance. You look awesome!

Chris Witkowski
08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
I need some advice. A couple months ago I showed my wife your pics and she got interested. A month later I got her to do 2 weeks of SS. However, she has dropped out saying 5 days is a lot, a lot of joint pain, and it wasn't motivating her. She loves the CFWU and squats, but she hates the running. She wants to do like three days a week. What should I do to keep her interested in CF and maybe secretly keeping her CFing? Thanks for any help you can give.

Leanne M Lloyd
08-13-2008, 10:46 AM
I need some advice. A couple months ago I showed my wife your pics and she got interested. A month later I got her to do 2 weeks of SS. However, she has dropped out saying 5 days is a lot, a lot of joint pain, and it wasn't motivating her. She loves the CFWU and squats, but she hates the running. She wants to do like three days a week. What should I do to keep her interested in CF and maybe secretly keeping her CFing? Thanks for any help you can give.

Is she doing 5 days in a row? I have SS but I haven't gotten that far into it yet... so i don't know what the workout program looks like yet.

Chris Walls
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Just do 3 days a week then... After a few weeks/months make it 4 days, then 5... Hell if she wasn't working out at all before then even 1 day a week is a good start. If you want to keep her interested don't push so hard that she resents it. If she wants 3 days a week then give her 3 days a week.

Ryan Jones
08-13-2008, 12:42 PM

SS IS three days a week, what were you having her do? Ease into crossfit, I find a MTHF schedule barely attainable for myself (granted I'm in pretty awful shape, heh).

Chris Witkowski
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
SS IS three days a week, what were you having her do? Ease into crossfit, I find a MTHF schedule barely attainable for myself (granted I'm in pretty awful shape, heh).

I guess maybe I misspoke. The workout is the beginners workout in the CFJ. May 03 I think it is.

Jennie Yundt
08-14-2008, 06:48 AM

Hi Chris,

I see that you clarified with a later posting, and that you aren't doing SS, but rather a beginners crossFit. Everyone is motivated by something different, and if she wasn't getting any results, and was having a lot of joint soreness, I can definitely see how she would get discouraged. If the running is a problem, just ease into it. She'll definitely be getting enough metcon just by doing the CrossFit workout; developing her running can come later. I have been CFing since January 1st, and I just started hitting the running portion real hard in the last 60ish days. In the beginning, it was winter so I didn't get an opportunity to run that much. I can see where joint soreness from running would be an issue for someone who was new to working out. Let her skip the running, or start with very short distances (400m).

I would recommend letting her scale it back to 3 days a week (for now). Only she knows how her body is truly feeling, and if she's feeling like she was run over by a dump truck, then you need to let her rest. Granted, anyone who does CF can tell you that working out actually HELPS muscle soreness. It's just hard for beginners to jump in and accept that the pain really is "weakness leaving their body". :)

Encourage her, but don't push too hard. Ultimately, what it comes down to is that you can't force someone to like CrossFit....you can't force them to be dedicated, and push for a 5 day a week schedule. She'll have to want it for herself! In a nut shell, scale her back to 3 days a week (or every other day), skip the running for now, and make sure you stay positive. Don't lay the guilt on too thick if she doesn't feel up to a workout.

I hope that helps! I do plan on posting new pictures in the next 2-3 weeks...maybe a new set of progress pictures will re-motivate her!

Take care!

Leanne M Lloyd
08-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess maybe I misspoke. The workout is the beginners workout in the CFJ. May 03 I think it is.

I did some more reading in my SS book last night. I would have her start out with the M/W/F lift schedule as laid out in the book.

I'm going to be starting it as well, but i'll be doing sprint/swim intervals two of the other four days each week.

Start her off with just the three days a week IMO. It sounds like she's not getting enough rest and is possibly over training. The beginners work out from the journal is (to my understanding) more of a beginners to CF but in decent physical shape. If she's not used to working out its probably not a good option for her. Taking on too much at once is a cause for burn out. Once she gets comfortable with the lifting and feels rested enough on her next work out day maybe work in one day of running (i prefer sprint intervals), biking, rowing or swimming and see how it goes.

Also if her running form isn't very good it can cause a host of aches, strains and pains. 400m run for someone not used or who doesn't know how to run is tough on the body IMO. Same goes for lifting form... dunno what sort of background you have and i forget if you mentioned... but you may want to consider taking her in for a few PT sessions just to check her form?

I'm by no means an expert... but this is just my opinion take it for what its worth :)

Travis Hall
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Amazing transformation. Great work!

Jennie Yundt
08-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Tomorrow is the CrossFit Milwaukee Affiliate gathering. It should be so much fun! There will be about 35 people competing - I'm so excited! 7 months of CrossFit has left me feeling stronger and faster than ever...but I'm not sure how I'll measure up to the likes of super human Kelly Moore. :) I'll be competing in the "class C" category. The workout will be:

Row 1000 meters

then 6 rounds of:

10 reps 135# deadlift
run up some crazy hill that requires you to climb 2 fences
10 burpees

I'll let you all know how I do...6 rounds will be tough! There is a 25 minute cap on each category, and I'm praying that I get through the whole workout before getting capped! 3...2....1..GO!

2 more weeks until I update my pictures! I'm excited to see the progress! Thanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement! <HUG>

Brett Dartt
08-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Tomorrow is the CrossFit Milwaukee Affiliate gathering. It should be so much fun! There will be about 35 people competing - I'm so excited! 7 months of CrossFit has left me feeling stronger and faster than ever...but I'm not sure how I'll measure up to the likes of super human Kelly Moore. :) I'll be competing in the "class C" category. The workout will be:

Row 1000 meters

then 6 rounds of:

10 reps 135# deadlift
run up some crazy hill that requires you to climb 2 fences
10 burpees

I'll let you all know how I do...6 rounds will be tough! There is a 25 minute cap on each category, and I'm praying that I get through the whole workout before getting capped! 3...2....1..GO!

2 more weeks until I update my pictures! I'm excited to see the progress! Thanks to everyone for your kind words and encouragement! <HUG>

awesome! good luck to you and we all are excitedly awaiting the new pics:pepper:

Kate Sweeney
08-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Beautiful, Jen!

I was a weightlifter and runner (consistent and serious AND with my nutrition even) for 10+ years . . . I discovered CrossFit by accident, as a link from another site. It, too, has changed my life. I am stronger, faster, tighter, leaner, more agile and more flexible than I have ever been. I work 40+ hrs a week as a floor nurse and my back and abs don't ache and I can go out after work. I really cleaned up my diet according to the Zone (advocated here) and am more mentally focused and have very little fatigue. I can't believe how I THOUGHT I was in such good shape when I started this.

My first WOD made me cry. In the car when I was done. Because I was f'ing EMBARASSED that I was struttin' around the gym like I owned the place when I was woefully lacking in like, 9 of the 10 "dimensions of fitness", according to the CrossFit philosophy.

Are you as amazed as I am that this continues to be FREE? People would pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for these results and fitness/nutritional advice.

I'd say keep it up, but, like everyone else, I'm sure you're addicted now!:welcome:

Joel Thomas
08-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi Everyone!

I think my gf looks great, and we try to workout together (although its very new to her) but she wants to try something new... she is EXACTLY the same stats as you were in jan when you you started, and she is trying to convince me that its impossible for her to lose more then 2 sizes... she also cant run more then like 100 meters... i am trying to slowely get her started on CF... did you post your workouts and pacing anywhere that I could compare with to help out?

thanks and amazing work! :kicking0:

Jeff Bowser
08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Jennifer,

I commented on here before about my wife starting and how your pictures were an inspiration to her and she has started her Crossfit Training. I'm celebrating my 1 yr this weekend and thought you might like to read my story, complete witih before/after pics here:

http://www.restlater.ca (WFS)

Jennie Yundt
08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
I think my gf looks great, and we try to workout together (although its very new to her) but she wants to try something new... she is EXACTLY the same stats as you were in jan when you you started, and she is trying to convince me that its impossible for her to lose more then 2 sizes... she also cant run more then like 100 meters... i am trying to slowely get her started on CF... did you post your workouts and pacing anywhere that I could compare with to help out?

thanks and amazing work! :kicking0:

Hi Joel,

I did not keep an online workout log, but I can definitely point you in the right direction. If you visit BrandX's website, they list a scaled verison of every workout in the book. I would choose from their scaled versions, and I worked out about 3 times a week in the beginning. Tell your girlfriend that she can DEFINITELY lose more than 2 sizes! Have her take a look at my pictures....seeing is believing! I was also a VERY VERY bad runner when I first started. I'm just now beginning to run about 800 meters at a time without stopping, and without feeling on the verge of death. Running and endurance will build over time....focus on having her start to build some overall strength by doing the scaled workouts.

Also, let your GF know that I have never in my adult life been a size 4 or smaller. I was always about an 8 or a 10. I'm now fitting in size 2's and 3's.

Brett Dartt
08-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi Joel,

I did not keep an online workout log, but I can definitely point you in the right direction. If you visit BrandX's website, they list a scaled verison of every workout in the book. I would choose from their scaled versions, and I worked out about 3 times a week in the beginning. Tell your girlfriend that she can DEFINITELY lose more than 2 sizes! Have her take a look at my pictures....seeing is believing! I was also a VERY VERY bad runner when I first started. I'm just now beginning to run about 800 meters at a time without stopping, and without feeling on the verge of death. Running and endurance will build over time....focus on having her start to build some overall strength by doing the scaled workouts.

Also, let your GF know that I have never in my adult life been a size 4 or smaller. I was always about an 8 or a 10. I'm now fitting in size 2's and 3's.

when are we getting those new pics?

Jennie Yundt
08-31-2008, 12:19 PM
when are we getting those new pics?

I am planning on taking the new pictures tomorrow morning. :-)

Jennie Yundt
09-01-2008, 04:28 PM
8 month update!!

Hi Everyone!

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for all your kinds words and encouragement. After posting my 5 month progress pictures, I suddenly had more dedication and commitment to CrossFit than ever before!

So here's what's been going on for the last 3 months. I have been trying hard to lose a few more pounds, but have been generally unsuccessful. My weight has fluctuated within the same 5lbs. It's been a little frustrating, but my overall performance has been GREAT! I can now do 20 consecutive kipping pull ups, and my running has improved tremendously. I still have a long way to go....but at least I can run 800 meters at a good pace without taking any breaks. AND we did a workout the other day, and I did 21-15-9 thrusters at 88lbs! Plus, I had to take my bar off the floor, so I can apparently power clean this weight as well. I am stronger than I have ever been my whole life, AND I'm smaller than I've ever been! I am definitely a size 4 now, but occasionally need a size 2. (throwing confetti)

I have been weighing/measuring my food and keeping a good food log. I try my best to stay around 1,650 calories a day, with 50%+ of those calories coming from fat/protein.

My plan for the next 3 months is to try REALLY hard to stop eating so much fruit. I think it'll help melt away a few squishy areas. Additionally, I will eat 70% of my carbs during the post workout window. I'm told this will help with recovery.

My improvements aren't as dramatic as I had hoped for, AND I'm not nearly as tan as I was in June, but here is a link to my 8 month progress pictures: LINK (http://www.crossfitfire.com/resources/Jen%208%20months%20progress.doc)

Emily Maisannes
09-01-2008, 04:33 PM
You really can see the progress between the third and fourth set of photos. Your abs are much more defined, and your legs are also significantly slimmer. I can easily see the difference. Way to go!

Amy Jo Hines
09-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I just wanted to say you really inspire me! I joined a Crossfit affiliate just over a week ago, and I've been trying to follow the paleo diet for awhile. Everytime I'm tempted to "cheat" I think of all the progress you have made. Keep it up! Thanks!
Amy

Brett Dartt
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
huge difference! you look fantastic!

Sean Dunston
09-02-2008, 06:42 AM
My improvements aren't as dramatic as I had hoped for, AND I'm not nearly as tan as I was in June, but here is a link to my 8 month progress pictures: LINK (http://www.crossfitfire.com/resources/Jen%208%20months%20progress.doc)

Are you kidding?
I don't know what you "had hoped for" in terms of dramatic improvements, but I think everyone will agree with me that your improvements have been QUITE DRAMATIC!

Excellent work. :kicking0::kicking0:

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to send a link to this page to members of my affiliate to show what can happen after 8 months of hard work!

Jennie Yundt
09-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Are you kidding?
I don't know what you "had hoped for" in terms of dramatic improvements, but I think everyone will agree with me that your improvements have been QUITE DRAMATIC!

Excellent work. :kicking0::kicking0:

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to send a link to this page to members of my affiliate to show what can happen after 8 months of hard work!

Hi Sean,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I definitely know my improvements since January have been dramatic...but I was hoping the last 3 months would have brought more dramatic results. Maybe I'm just too critical of myself!

You are more than welcome to send the link to members of your affiliate!

Camille Lore
09-02-2008, 07:45 AM
This is interesting. I just took pictures as well and was kinda disappointed with my progress. However....you and I are the same time into CF, and I see the same things with you as with me- more muscular development: traps, back widening and more solid, and the appearance of quads and abs! Looks like the rapid, dramatic shrinking is being replaced with a more muscular, athletic frame. Nice work!

Anu Varadharajan
09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Jennifer! Holy Smokes....those pics are awesome!! Your abs are fantastic and your face is much smaller .. you can the your jaw lines from the Jan pic.

AWESOME!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

Iris Simpliciano
10-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Jennie

Just wanted to say "Great Job" and you are a true inspiration! I am new to crossfit and actually did my 1st elements class last week friday where i learned basic movements to do CF. It was very challenging and my body hurt for 3 days. I go back to meet with the trainer again this friday. I'm actually training for the Honolulu Marathon (which will be my 1st marathon) so i'm hoping that doing crossfit will help not only my endurace but help me to lose weight as well. I hope to be able to lose at least 30lbs but really i want to look "fit". I read that you did paleo. Was that easy for you? I know working out is only half the battle. Anyway any advice you have would be greatly appreciated! Great job again!

Iris:)

Jennie Yundt
10-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi Jennie

Just wanted to say "Great Job" and you are a true inspiration! I am new to crossfit and actually did my 1st elements class last week friday where i learned basic movements to do CF. It was very challenging and my body hurt for 3 days. I go back to meet with the trainer again this friday. I'm actually training for the Honolulu Marathon (which will be my 1st marathon) so i'm hoping that doing crossfit will help not only my endurace but help me to lose weight as well. I hope to be able to lose at least 30lbs but really i want to look "fit". I read that you did paleo. Was that easy for you? I know working out is only half the battle. Anyway any advice you have would be greatly appreciated! Great job again!

Iris:)
Hi Iris! Rather than posting everything here, I just sent you an email. Thanks so much for the compliments!

Richard Macaulay
10-17-2008, 03:05 AM
I think we'v got a poster girl for CF and its benifits. Iv told you before but you look amazing!!very very beautiful!

Ricky