PDA

View Full Version : A Soccer Mom's Log

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Scott Jenkins
09-18-2008, 02:12 AM
Im surprised at you though scott, i just got your PM, saying that even though you know i was joking, you agreed with everything i said, and that women should learn their place.
Gees mate, please keep your sexist views to yourself. I love and respect women,and dont want anypart of your sexist revolution.

Yours sincerely

Ricky

Touche my friend!! :rofl:

Kirez Reynolds
09-18-2008, 02:24 AM
1) All-time favorite book(s)

(non-fiction) Steven Pinker's The Blank Slate, Geoffrey Miller's The Mating Mind, (fiction) Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon, Tom Stoppard's Arcadia...

2) What changes have your significant other or friends noticed about you since you started Crossfitting?

My friends noticed a long period of absolute dogmatism and fanaticism regarding CrossFit. Many are afraid to mention anything tangentially related to fitness in my presence now. I've gotta correct this... actually, I have.

3) Do you supplement with protein shakes or bars? If yes, then what kind?

There are no bars that meet my standards right now. I used to eat a lot of bars. And I could never stand to use whey protein, though I was always trying, for years. These have reversed: now I don't eat bars, but I am using the whey protein from WalMart!

I mix it with unsweetened cocoa: an ounce of boiling water with 2 huge scoops of cocoa to make a thick syrup; then add about 16 oz of milk to make it cold, unsweet chocolate milk; then add 2 huge scoops of whey protein. The WalMart whey protein only has ~2g of CHO, and the resulting drink tastes fantastic.

(The sequence is crucial because the protein will NOT mix with warm/hot liquid. And of course cocoa won't mix with liquid that's not boiling. Tricky.)

4) Pet Peeves?

People who don't get sarcasm not only shock me, but... I find it deeply offensive that such people even exist. It seems to me that a robust system of logic, such that sarcasm is evident, should be a minimum built-in standard for all humans.

5) Have you ever shot a gun?

From 2001-2004, my palms were so callused they were like gloves, I could almost pound nails with them, and I rotated between an HK USP, HK P7M8, Sig P220 and Glock 17, partly just to differentiate the repetitive stress and callusing on my hands... some weeks I put more than 5000 rounds down range, which takes a toll on everything. I've scarcely touched a gun since 2004, but I often wish I lived in the woods like when I was a kid and wandered around with a rifle plinking anything that caught my fancy (a woodpecker at 50 yards, a cactus fruit at 100 yards...) And strangely I've never had nearly as much experience as I'd like with rifles. I love rifles. I loved an old 30-30 and 30-06 and .308. Those are childhood memories.

I'd like to teach Tash to be boss with a whole variety of handguns, carbines and rifles, but --- I just don't have space-time-money to make that yet another part of our lives. With another $1500, I'd rather send her to an RKC cert training than a 4-day basic handgun course. Teaching her myself means keeping guns in the house, and I'm not comfortable with that. Not a high priority.

Patrick Haskell
09-18-2008, 03:04 AM
OK, Christin, I'll play along today.

1) Do you supplement with protien shakes or bars? If yes, then what kind?

No. Bars have too much sugar. Of course, I supplement protein with beef jerky, which does the same. Making some homemade jerky is on the list of things to do for the weekend.

2) Pet Peeves?

People afraid to try something new for whatever reason. It's a great big world with all kinds of cool stuff. If something new comes along, step up and see what it's all about.

3) Max Shoulder Press?

140#- It's almost time to see if I can't push that further.

4) Have you ever shot a gun?

22 rifle on a range as a kid and small gauge shotgun for duck hunting in my 20s (only hunted deer with a bow), but I have little use for guns. Watched a neighbor get gunned down for walking down the street at the wrong time, when two gangs were driving down the street shooting at each other. I had just stepped outside and watched her drop. Rifles and shotguns, I think are pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of handguns.

Christin Street
09-18-2008, 03:38 AM
So much to comment on and so little time.

Kirez and Patrick, thanks for playing along. Kirez, I'm one of the most sarcastic people around but it's very difficult to read that on the net. I actually go overboard and get a little edgy with it which can be offensive to some. Oh well.

Cheryl and Stephen, I hope you know I was not stirring the pot. I was hesitant to point out the exception so not to make you uncomfortable. Yes, Mike, I do love to play matchmaker and should start my own CFMatch.com website.:rofl: My point was that I don't like people using the CF website who just lurk n'flirt without posting times or adding any content. They exist.:nep:

Richard and Scott, do you two need a "time out?" No fighting on my log! (I wonder who would win ?:stir:)

I have Grand Jury today but will check in later.

Cheryl White
09-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Cheryl and Stephen, I hope you know I was not stirring the pot. I was hesitant to point out the exception so not to make you uncomfortable. Yes, Mike, I do love to play matchmaker and should start my own CFMatch.com website.My point was that I don't like people using the CF website who just lurk n'flirt without posting times or adding any content. They exist.

Christin, we didn't think that at all. Steve was joking about you :stir:. In fact we both thought it was hysterical that everybody was so curious. I told Steve, "Everybody's going to be disappointed when they find out it's just us." LOL

And for the record, I agree with you. I think it's just distasteful. Neither Steve nor I came here to "hook up". The fact that we ended up together was a total surprise to both of us. As a matter of fact, today marks the three month anniversary of the Liz Phair comment which opened the door. :cake: I'm not sure we've thanked you! :D You should totally start a CFMatch.com!! :biglaugh:

Veronica Davis
09-18-2008, 04:34 AM
[i]1) Do you supplement with protien shakes or bars? If yes, then what kind?
2) Pet Peeves?
3) Max Shouler Press?
[i][b]4) Have you ever shot a gun?

1) I don't do bars. Most of them have transfat and high fructose corn syrup. As far as protein shakes I like Syntrax Nectar for post-workout and Pro Complex by Optimum Nutrition on early mornings when I train.

2) Too many to name, so I'll stick with biggest gym pet peeve. I hate when people are in my personal space at the gym. This includes, but not limited to being on the treadmill next to me when there are 50 not being used, using the locker next to mine when there are several that are empty, and standing next to me in the weight room when there is PLENTY of room available not near me.

3) A measily 75 lbs. LOL. But that is 60% of my BW. That's got to count for something, right? :shrug:

4) Does a supersoaker count?

Richard Macaulay
09-18-2008, 05:07 AM
I'm one of the most sarcastic people around

Richard and Scott, do you two need a "time out?" No fighting on my log! (I wonder who would win ?:stir:)

I have Grand Jury today but will check in later.

Your sarcy nature is why we all love you!!

You dont have to worry, id never get in a fight with scott, hes getting on a bit, and if we had a fight he'd probably end up putting his hip out.+ its not really a fair fight. Scott walks with a stick, thats essentially a weapon.

But your right, we were being bad, im away to sit on the naughty step.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins
09-18-2008, 05:27 AM
But your right, we were being bad, im away to sit on the naughty step.

Ricky

Is that where your sitting in your avatar Ricky, I thought it looked lower than a chair :rofl:

Bad Christin, you knew you would get a bite!!!

Richard Macaulay
09-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Is that where your sitting in your avatar Ricky, I thought it looked lower than a chair :rofl:

Bad Christin, you knew you would get a bite!!!

No im actually sitting on my pedastool.

Im right in the middle of the room as people dance round me and place gifts at my feet.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins
09-18-2008, 05:34 AM
No im actually sitting on my pedastool.

Im right in the middle of the room as people dance round me and place gifts at my feet.

Ricky

I like it , that got me laughing at work which made everyone wonder what I was doing.

Talking of Young versus Old you hitting Grace Today. That would make an excellent contest.

Richard Macaulay
09-18-2008, 05:42 AM
I like it , that got me laughing at work which made everyone wonder what I was doing.

Talking of Young versus Old you hitting Grace Today. That would make an excellent contest.

Haha i aim to entertain.

Nah mate im not, iv got rugby tonight and never do Cf on a thursday.
+physio yesterday says iv got inflamed and strained rotator cuff tendon, so im taking rest of week off from weights. Dam rugby is stopping me training, not gonna put up with a season of that mate!! I can play on saturday if i want but iv got to heavy heavy strap up my shoulder.
Its big game, we'r top and hawick are second.

I wanna do chief again soon (i think i can get 4 rounds of 6), and i think NIK is planning a heavy chief aswell+i wanna try BEAR in the next couple of weeks.

Ricky

Scott Jenkins
09-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Haha i aim to entertain.

Nah mate im not, iv got rugby tonight and never do Cf on a thursday.
+physio yesterday says iv got inflamed and strained rotator cuff tendon, so im taking rest of week off from weights. Dam rugby is stopping me training, not gonna put up with a season of that mate!! I can play on saturday if i want but iv got to heavy heavy strap up my shoulder.
Its big game, we'r top and hawick are second.

I wanna do chief again soon (i think i can get 4 rounds of 6), and i think NIK is planning a heavy chief aswell+i wanna try BEAR in the next couple of weeks.

Ricky

When you set a date for The Chief I will join in on that one. I have done the bear once, I remember not going heavy enough, last set I done was about 55K and it was not easy but there was room for more pain. Grip is the biggest issue.

The Rugby has to come first Ricky, the training is to make you stronger for sport not the other way around. Good Luck with Saturdays game.

Richard Macaulay
09-18-2008, 05:54 AM
When you set a date for The Chief I will join in on that one. I have done the bear once, I remember not going heavy enough, last set I done was about 55K and it was not easy but there was room for more pain. Grip is the biggest issue.

The Rugby has to come first Ricky, the training is to make you stronger for sport not the other way around. Good Luck with Saturdays game.

Thats the thing....i dont train in the gym to benifit my rugby, i train in th gym Cfitting to make myself the fittest/healthiest/strongest etc i can be. Make myself the best ME i can be. The benifits to my rugby are a bonus!

And as a personal trainer, i cant be constantly injured or off my own trianing, not if i wana be the best and in the next year or two compete at Cf games.

yeh il let you know.

Ricky

Nik Nichols
09-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Thats the thing....i dont train in the gym to benifit my rugby, i train in th gym Cfitting to make myself the fittest/healthiest/strongest etc i can be. Make myself the best ME i can be. The benifits to my rugby are a bonus!

And as a personal trainer, i cant be constantly injured or off my own trianing, not if i wana be the best and in the next year or two compete at Cf games.

yeh il let you know.

Ricky

See that's it. You want to be fit, so you need to get past the injuries. But you need to not get mad, take the time you need to heal and get back to it when you can. I know it sucks when you are doing so well, I've been there, but humbel up ''take the pill'' get well and go on.
How did you injure it ? I don't thing I heard. Oh and I'm not trying to get on to you, I know how frustrating an injury can be.

Christin, goodmorning and sorry to jack your thread, I just need to take care of my boy if he is going out for the CF games!!

Sean Dunston
09-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Yes, Mike, I do love to play matchmaker and should start my own CFMatch.com website.:rofl: My point was that I don't like people using the CF website who just lurk n'flirt without posting times or adding any content. They exist.:nep:

Is CFMatch.com going to conflict with or enhance CrossFit Soccer Mom?

Either way, you are going to be quite busy when your GJ duty is over. Have, err... fun(?) at Grand Jury today.

Stephen Smith
09-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Cheryl and Stephen, I hope you know I was not stirring the pot. I was hesitant to point out the exception so not to make you uncomfortable. Yes, Mike, I do love to play matchmaker and should start my own CFMatch.com website.:rofl: My point was that I don't like people using the CF website who just lurk n'flirt without posting times or adding any content. They exist.:nep:

No worries Christin, I was having fun back at you. :D Yeah, hooking up with someone was the last thing on both of our minds when we started CrossFit, I think... Of course, I don't think you can count it as hooking up, if the first day we met we consummated our relationship by going to CrossFit Jackson and doing heavy deadlifts! ;)

Christin Street
09-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Stephen and Cheryl- Whew, glad we have an understanding! For the record by the term "hook up" I wasn't referring to, um, "shag" as Scott would say.

Hey V- Thanks for posting!

Sean, Yes, it would interfere big time with Crossfit Soccer Mom so you can imagine which one I'd pick.

Ricky and Scott, still at it. Guess I'll have to get out my whip.:nono0000:

Late trip to the gym after GJ Duty. Dragged myself there on a very empty stomach. Had planned to do a long run but not enough carbs in me so did strength again. I wore my brand new Do-Wins!! It was a very good day!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Deadlift
155x5x2
215x1
225x1
235x1
240x1 PR
245x1 PR

15 min break to coach Qubi (PT at my globo) through "The Chief." He did well averaging 4 per round but I was unhappy with his push-up depth.

Bench Press
100x5
105x3
115x2
120x3 (PR for 3rep)
125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

Funny but sad globo story...the gym was empty since it was mid-afternoon. Only three other guys were in there using the machines of course. I really wanted a spot for the 125 so I asked one of them. The dude said, "Uh, I would but basically I'm in the middle, uh, of my workout." WTF? I've never heard this excuse. To give him the benefit of the doubt, though, perhaps he was an attorney (liability issues?) or intimidated by me in my totally bad-a$$ Do-Wins??!:) Got this other guy to help and he was a terrific spotter and didn't touch the bar, which is how I like it.

Richard Macaulay
09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
" I wasn't referring to, um, "shag" as Scott would say.

Christin....shag...how direct....how dirty......its about time lol.

Whip eh,promices promices?!

Ricky

Greg Privitera
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
nice DL and very strong bench!

Jimi Miller
09-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Nice new DL prs. So the shoes really help? If I remember right, you put 20 extra pounds on your PR of last week!

Sean Dunston
09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Stephen and Cheryl- Whew, glad we have an understanding! For the record by the term "hook up" I wasn't referring to, um, "shag" as Scott would say.

Sean, Yes, it would interfere big time with Crossfit Soccer Mom so you can imagine which one I'd pick.

Late trip to the gym after GJ Duty. Dragged myself there on a very empty stomach. Had planned to do a long run but not enough carbs in me so did strength again. I wore my brand new Do-Wins!! It was a very good day!

Deadlift
155x5x2
215x1
225x1
235x1
240x1 PR
245x1 PR

15 min break to coach Qubi (PT at my globo) through "The Chief." He did well averaging 4 per round but I was unhappy with his push-up depth.

Bench Press
100x5
105x3
115x2
120x3 (PR for 3rep)
125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

Funny but sad globo story...the gym was empty since it was mid-afternoon. Only three other guys were in there using the machines of course. I really wanted a spot for the 125 so I asked one of them. The dude said, "Uh, I would but basically I'm in the middle, uh, of my workout." WTF? I've never heard this excuse. To give him the benefit of the doubt, though, perhaps he was an attorney (liability issues?) or intimidated by me in my totally bad-a$$ Do-Wins??!:) Got this other guy to help and he was a terrific spotter and didn't touch the bar, which is how I like it.

Sweet mother mercy? 5 PRs in one day?!?!?! You rock!

Umm - you must have totally intimidated him. Yes, it had to be the shoes.
What man in his right mind would refuse to spot you on ANYTHING?
Good grief.

And I know you are baiting me with the "perhaps he was an attorney" comment, Christin~
:rolleyes:

Some of us attorneys have cajones... and very few of us are dumb enough to refuse a pro-bono engagement like that one! :rofl:

Patrick Haskell
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
20 pounds on your DL in a week?! You sandbagger.

Elizabeth Terris
09-18-2008, 01:35 PM
WOW! Nice lifting!:notworth:

Kirez Reynolds
09-18-2008, 01:39 PM
2) Too many to name, so I'll stick with biggest gym pet peeve. I hate when people are in my personal space at the gym. This includes, but not limited to being on the treadmill next to me when there are 50 not being used, using the locker next to mine when there are several that are empty, and standing next to me in the weight room when there is PLENTY of room available not near me.

Years ago, working out in some globo in Cambridge, I was running on a treadmill and some alternatively-oriented guy went way overboard trying to get my attention. The treadmills were in rows, so there was a treadmill in front of me. First he came and used the handrail of my treadmill to balance himself for stretches. Any time I looked over at him (wondering why the hell he's chosen my handrail for his stretches) he'd wink at me. Then he started bouncing. Then he got on the treadmill in front of me and started bouncing. Finally he started doing straddle split stretches on the treadmill in front of me and breathing heavily. Never used the treadmill to run, though. I didn't catch the end of his drama... I finished my run and bolted. It was surreal. Absolutely over-the-top.

Patrick Haskell
09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Years ago, working out in some globo in Cambridge, I was running on a treadmill and some alternatively-oriented guy went way overboard trying to get my attention. The treadmills were in rows, so there was a treadmill in front of me. First he came and used the handrail of my treadmill to balance himself for stretches. Any time I looked over at him (wondering why the hell he's chosen my handrail for his stretches) he'd wink at me. Then he started bouncing. Then he got on the treadmill in front of me and started bouncing. Finally he started doing straddle split stretches on the treadmill in front of me and breathing heavily. Never used the treadmill to run, though. I didn't catch the end of his drama... I finished my run and bolted. It was surreal. Absolutely over-the-top.

You talking about the Porter Square meat market, Kirez? That place was over the top on so many levels. The freeweight area kept shrinking until it wasn't even worth the $9/month membership anymore. There were a handful of really serious folks there, but otherwise, it was the worst of the globo world. At least there was good sushi upstairs.

Jeff R Tucker
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM
So much to comment on and so little time.

Kirez and Patrick, thanks for playing along. Kirez, I'm one of the most sarcastic people around but it's very difficult to read that on the net. I actually go overboard and get a little edgy with it which can be offensive to some. Oh well.

I think I got you beat here CS... Not intentionally of course.

Been rehabing the old bum leg last and last night in my SS I got that baby kicking butt. Feels good to SS and get some results. Everything is a PR these days for me - saracastically speaking of course! enjoy GJD!

Aaron Trent
09-18-2008, 02:09 PM
If you host a CFMatch.com I will be interested.:highfive:

Cheryl White
09-18-2008, 03:08 PM

Ricky and Scott, still at it. Guess I'll have to get out my whip.

Deadlift
155x5x2
215x1
225x1
235x1
240x1 PR
245x1 PR

Bench Press
100x5
105x3
115x2
120x3 (PR for 3rep)
125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

Funny but sad globo story...the gym was empty since it was mid-afternoon. Only three other guys were in there using the machines of course. I really wanted a spot for the 125 so I asked one of them. The dude said, "Uh, I would but basically I'm in the middle, uh, of my workout." WTF? I've never heard this excuse. To give him the benefit of the doubt, though, perhaps he was an attorney (liability issues?) or intimidated by me in my totally bad-a$$ Do-Wins??! Got this other guy to help and he was a terrific spotter and didn't touch the bar, which is how I like it.

Outstanding!! :pepper::pepper::pepper: Never underestimate the cocky feeling (and hence extra power) that comes from new footwear! :D

20 pounds on your DL in a week?! You sandbagger.

:rofl:

Camille Lore
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Nice job Christin. Tell me, is it hard being a :super: all week long?
:D

Christin Street
09-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah, it's all in the shoes. In this case the Rogue Do-Wins (how many times have I said that?). I think of taking a break from the hyrbrid for a few days bc I feel "tore up!" Might have to test the longer metcons for a few days which should be, er, interesting.

Kirez- Great story! It happens all the time at globos and CF gyms around the globe.

Aaron- You'll be the first to know about it! Btw, I was reminded today what carb-deprivation was. Feels terrible. I waivered between wanting to fall asleep or punch someone out. Not good. Of course my quick-fix of a gargantuan choco chip cookie from Starbucks wasn't exactly a good choice.

Charles Bennington
09-18-2008, 05:47 PM
I waivered between wanting to fall asleep or punch someone out. Not Good.

Don't you judge my lifestyle!:D

Stephen R. Lampl
09-18-2008, 07:33 PM

Deadlift
155x5x2
215x1
225x1
235x1
240x1 PR
245x1 PR

Bench Press
100x5
105x3
115x2
120x3 (PR for 3rep)
125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

Great job, Christin! Hey, I'd be intimidated too looking at that new footgear! :pepper:

Stephen and Cheryl is a great combination - - I know. I've been married to my Cheryll for nearly 35 years. She's a keeper (tho we didn't meet in a gym........LOL!!!). :D

Sharon Miller
09-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Deadlift
240x1 PR
245x1 PR

Bench Press
120x3 (PR for 3rep)
125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

Christin—Great work on the lifts! You are making some amazing gains lately!

Stephen Smith
09-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Great job, Christin! Hey, I'd be intimidated too looking at that new footgear! :pepper:

Stephen and Cheryl is a great combination - - I know. I've been married to my Cheryll for nearly 35 years. She's a keeper (tho we didn't meet in a gym........LOL!!!). :D

Heheh, that's awesome, Stephen! Our relationship is a little unconventional, for sure... Most guys send their girls flowers, I send mine Woody Bands! :D

Deadlift
155x5x2
215x1
225x1
235x1
240x1 PR
245x1 PR

Bench Press
100x5
105x3
115x2
120x3 (PR for 3rep)
125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

No worries, Christin. Damn strong work on that strength work, too! Pretty sad about the guy not being willing to spot you... If he'd been doing a CF metcon WOD it might be understandable, but I'm pretty sure you would have recognized that... My globo has actually got some really good people. I even had a guy come over unasked and help me unload my bar after deadlifts today!

Patrick Haskell
09-19-2008, 01:59 AM
My globo has actually got some really good people. I even had a guy come over unasked and help me unload my bar after deadlifts today!

If that's not the ultimate kindness, I don't know what is. (Or maybe he just has a better pickup move than Kirez's globo-boyfriend.) :p

Alix Clark
09-19-2008, 02:48 AM
nice work on your DLs and BP! esp after a day in court.

a good tagline for your CF dating agency - if you think i've got a nice rack, check out my snatch! :rofl:

Scott Jenkins
09-19-2008, 03:19 AM
[QUOTE=Christin Street;403571]

240x1 PR
245x1 PR

125x1 (PR)
125x1 (PR)

This is unreal Christin you certainly doing something right with these numbers, they keep going up and up every time you hit them!!!

Scott Jenkins
09-19-2008, 03:24 AM
um, "shag" as Scott would say.

Just looked for another scott who ways 'Shag' could not find one!! :confused:

Richard Macaulay
09-19-2008, 04:09 AM

Shes got shagging on the brain scott. Naughty minx lol.

Ricky

Veronica Davis
09-19-2008, 04:44 AM
Congrats on the DL and BP PRs:pepper:

Christin Street
09-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Scott, Scott, in attempt to explain my meaning of "hook up" just needed to explain that I didn't mean sleeping with someone. I used the word shag instead of the IMO cruder American slang. No, you've never used that word out here to my knowledge. You're always a perfect gentleman. Should have kept your name out of it. My bad.
This thread is going downhill fast. End of the shag discussion period.:thanx:

Jennifer Ellington
09-19-2008, 05:47 AM
Awesome work on the DL and BP PR's!! :notworth::notworth:

Giving up on your matchmaker work? ;)

Nik Nichols
09-19-2008, 06:06 AM
Awesome PR od DL and BP!! You Christin are a beast!!!

Christin Street
09-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Friday, September 19, 2008

5K Run 22:48 (no PR today!)
1 hour spinning class

I was approached by an exec from corporate HQ of my gym (Wellbridge owned) who questioned me on what my workout routine was. He also told me in front of our general manager that I need to be a PT again. I was on cloud nine.

Richard Macaulay
09-19-2008, 09:14 AM

1 hour spinning class

I was approached by an exec from corporate HQ of my gym (Wellbridge owned) who questioned me on what my workout routine was. He also told me in front of our general manager that I need to be a PT again. I was on cloud nine.

Man you guys make me jealous on a daily basis now. Its proving impossible for me at the moment to get gym instrucot and PT work in a gym over here. Yet one of you gets asked on a daily basis.

Not bitter lol!!

Great job christin, your looking great!

Ricky

Carla Tremblay
09-19-2008, 09:24 AM

1 hour spinning class

Awesome! And still a great run time!!

Scott Jenkins
09-19-2008, 09:33 AM

1 hour spinning class

Thats still an excellent time without a PR Christin. If its what you want good luck with the PT job!! And have a good weekend too

Brad Dix
09-19-2008, 09:38 AM

1 hour spinning class

i wish you could train my wife. she is unhappy about the way she looks and feels, but continues to do what she reads in magazines, thinking hi carb, low fat is the best way to eat, and that 20 minutes of walking will help her lose the weight she has put on. she won't listen to me because i'm the "fanatic" even though my workouts are usually done in 30 minutes. i wish i could get her on here just to read some of the posts on here. oh well.

btw, great job on the 5k.

John Barney
09-19-2008, 09:47 AM

1 hour spinning class

My legs would have fallen off after that workout, you kicked a$$!

Congrats on the cloud 9 experience, that's good stuff.

John

Nik Nichols
09-19-2008, 11:14 AM

1 hour spinning class

Man good work on the run, you suck with your 22:48:mad:. Just kidding Great work, you beat me by 5min!!! And got a job invite!!Red letter day indeed!!

Camille Lore
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
:thumbs_up Nice 5k nonetheless!
He's damn right you need to be a PT there....or anywhere!

Melissa Whittle
09-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow, PR city!! :pepper:

You are awesomeness personified.

Sean Dunston
09-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Good Grief, Christin.

that is an awesome 5k.

If I could do one that fast I would probably quit running!

:yikes:

Chrissy McConnell
09-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Christin, is there ANYTHING that you don't rock at??!! :shrug:

C'mon, how is anyone else supposed to shine if you keep stealing the spotlight with PR's all over the place and awesome 5k run times??

You're doing incredible...it's fun to watch your log and to dream of where I'd like to be someday!!

Mike Bishop
09-19-2008, 01:58 PM
a good tagline for your CF dating agency - if you think i've got a nice rack, check out my snatch! :rofl:

Thats pretty dang funny Alix.

Good times on the 5k, but I am going to catch you one day on that run.

Christin Street
09-19-2008, 03:07 PM
nice work on your DLs and BP! esp after a day in court.

Great tagline, Alix! That's funny bc today I just saw (on a different thread) an idea for a Crossfit dating agency. The website idea is snatchesandjerks.com (might not be WFS so don't go there!!). I thought my tagline as the matchmaker could be something like "I can spot perfect jerk or a snatch a mile away."
Oh jeez, it's Friday and I can feel it!

Richard Macaulay
09-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Great tagline, Alix! That's funny bc today I just saw (on a different thread) an idea for a Crossfit dating agency. The website idea is snatchesandjerks.com (might not be WFS so don't go there!!). I thought my tagline as the matchmaker could be something like "I can spot perfect jerk or a snatch a mile away."

Sign me up

Nik Nichols
09-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Sign me up

HAHAHAHAHA!!!:rofl:

Stephen R. Lampl
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Christin,

Great 5K. Let's see..........22:48 for 3.2 miles; that's only about a 7:08 mile pace! Whoa................SMOKIN!:pepper: Keep inspiring us old guys!!!!

Matt Bahen
09-19-2008, 05:58 PM

1 hour spinning class

Might not be a PR...but still awesome nonetheless! What an awesome compliment from the Exec dude! Might want to think about it...seems promising...

Cheryl White
09-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Awesomeness just abounds over here! Sweet numbers and well-deserved praise. I would train with you ANY day!

Christin Street
09-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Half-Intesity Day
Push Press 5x3

Front Squats
95x5
105x3
115x3
120x3
120x3
125x1

Pull-ups
6 sets of 6 reps (2 min rest between sets)
Shoulder really hurting today

1K Row
Time: 4:09
5 min rest
1K Row
Time: 4:13

Bob Guere
09-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Half-Intesity Day
Push Press 5x3

Front Squats
95x5
105x3
115x3
120x3
120x3
125x1

Pull-ups

1K Row
5 min rest
1K Row

That's all? You call that half intensity? Geesh... ya monster. :highfive: Honestly, if you're ever stuck in the SoCal desert, look up Kerry and I, we'd love to train with someone of your "intensity"....:yikes:

Cheryl White
09-20-2008, 09:21 AM
That's all? You call that half intensity? Geesh... ya monster. :highfive: Honestly, if you're ever stuck in the SoCal desert, look up Kerry and I, we'd love to train with someone of your "intensity"....:yikes:

:yeahthat: I'd hate to see that set at full intensity! I'm tired just thinking about it! Amazing work, Christin! :highfive:

Kirez Reynolds
09-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm blown away by your strength, Christin. Fantastic. That 125 bench press and then these lifts on 1/2 intensity day... wow!

Matt Bahen
09-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Half-Intesity Day

It never ceases to amaze me...but then again, half of a lot is still a LOT! :notworth:

I'm lucky to be as intense as your half-intense days...nice of ya to set the bar high! Now, I just gotta REACH, uhhhh....

Sean Dunston
09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Half-Intesity Day
Push Press 5x3

Front Squats
95x5
105x3
115x3
120x3
120x3
125x1

Pull-ups

1K Row
5 min rest
1K Row

damn... this proves to me that I don't work out nearly hard enough.
you shame me, Christin!

Christin Street
09-20-2008, 01:02 PM
WOW! THANKS!! I feel so much better now! Seriously I left the gym just feeling rotten this morning. Like I'm moving in slo-mo today and could fall asleep any minute. I think I need to program alot more rest days. The past few weeks I've only had one every 7 days. I'm also thinking of no heavy lifting for a week and work on metcon. Not sure can do it!

Girlie Rant for the Day: Went shopping for a dress for this wedding coming up. First off, I'm not your typical female because I hate to shop! I'm impatient and end up buying something that I must later return. Put me in a sporting goods store and I can rack up a huge bill in 10 minutes flat but not a dress store/dept store.

So today I tried on a dozens of dresses and came home with nothing! For one thing my dress size went up because the top part in my size (6) is too tight now. Then an 8 looks too big. I can't believe I've gained that much weight in my upper body. Okay I'm stopping right there because I want to be a good role model for other women and not get caught up in the scale/dress size/etc. But a girl's gotta rant about it every now and then.

Alix Clark
09-21-2008, 01:19 AM
Having "big" arms and shoulders (and they're long too!!) is the bane of my life. Along with the assumption that if you're tall you must have a 34" waist. Honestly!!! At least the US seems to have a handle on this and I can actually buy 4-6 jeans with a 35" inseam. Australia is useless in that regard (but our weather is tops). Hope you find a fab frock.

Vanessa Sisson
09-21-2008, 04:24 AM
You should be proud that you gained that muscle in your upper body! But I understand the frustration you''re feeling regarding clothing and fit. There should be a line of clothing just for athletic individuals. Regardless, I'm sure you look awesome in all of it! Where did you look and what kind of dress are you looking for? Unlike you, I really, really like to shop...even for other people. :)

Christin Street
09-21-2008, 04:51 AM
Alix- I have to buy "tall" pants too (inseam is 34) which can be difficult! Not complaining though because I like being tall .

Vanessa-I think most women are like you and love to shop! I went to Nordstroms and Macys. Found nothing as most dresses seemed either teen-like or old-lady. I want somehing simple, not too frou-frou, not too sexy (it's a church wedding afterall), shoes are black, If you see anything let me know but it might be too late since the weddng is next weekend. Thanks! Hey,Rest Day Q&A: Find me a dress! (I'm only kidding)

Speaking of which... know it's Sunday when not many play this but...
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Answer the last question (and any other previous ones that you want), then post a new one. Questions can be about CF or anything else other than religion or politics. You can play as many times as you want.

I'll start...

Question: What is your personal style of clothing like for everyday?
Gymrat clothes or blue jeans and sneakers.

Scott Jenkins
09-21-2008, 05:07 AM
Floral Shorts and Vest every day for me Christin. Some good work yesterday in what you called an easy day.

Whats the longest amount of time you ever spent shopping in one day?

Cheryl White
09-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Whats the longest amount of time you ever spent shopping in one day?

I'm like Christin - I hate to shop! But I spent all day shopping for furniture once. I didn't mind that. :D

Outside of CrossFit, what sports or other athletics are you involved in?

Vanessa Sisson
09-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Vanessa-I think most women are like you and love to shop! I went to Nordstroms and Macys. Found nothing as most dresses seemed either teen-like or old-lady. I want somehing simple, not too frou-frou, not too sexy (it's a church wedding afterall), shoes are black, If you see anything let me know but it might be too late since the weddng is next weekend. Thanks! Hey,Rest Day Q&A: Find me a dress! (I'm only kidding)

Hmm..I'll take a look and see what I can find. What about sleeves? Are you open to strapless, sleeveless, halter? I see that's it't in a church so I know you want to be appropriate.

Also, color or is black okay? I'm finding some pretty good stuff at bluefly.com(wfs)

Richard Macaulay
09-21-2008, 06:17 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

[I]Question: What is your personal style of clothing like for everyday?

I was going to say, lace and leather wear, but thats more formal, not really every day........so ofcourse its a kilt and a white vest, and bag pipes, like all other scotsmen.

[B]Whats the longest amount of time you ever spent shopping in one day?

About 6hours, but only b/c i was dragged by girlfriend when we were down in manchester (i mean literally dragged, i was kicking and screaming, and for someone whos like 6 stone lighter than me shes stronger than she looks).

Play rugby (though i think iv whinned enough recently about injuries that you all know this).....im also a 7 handicap golfer (though havnt played in a few months). Thats all really, have competed at representative level at badminton,athletics,rugby,golf and swimming....aswell as being into judo when i was younger, but thats all past, and lets be honest....no one cares lol.

Ok my turn....

If you could be an animal, what animal would you be? and why?

Ricky

Christin Street
09-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Vanessa- I sent you a PM! Thanks so much for helping me out!:)

James Forshaw
09-21-2008, 06:53 AM
If you could be an animal, what animal would you be? and why?

A Kodiak Bear - a huge, furry, salmon-eating ball of testosterone with claws, what more could you ask for?

If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Matt Bahen
09-21-2008, 08:41 AM
If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

Time travel - use it to correct some minor wrongs done to and by me.

What is the longest amount of time you've stayed awake (straight) and why (WFS for Christin's log's sake!)?

Stephen Smith
09-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Time travel - use it to correct some minor wrongs done to and by me.

What is the longest amount of time you've stayed awake (straight) and why (WFS for Christin's log's sake!)?

I've done >48 hours straight while in the Navy and out at sea... Not sure exact # since I was approaching a constant state of delirium by this point.

Chris Scott
09-21-2008, 11:28 AM

I've gone over 40 hrs several times; usually involved some very poor decision-making in school re:deadlines, and a couple times when I was young and could still pull this off, I had to work a shift after staying up all night the night before. I could do these things when I was a 23-year-old waiter.

What bad habit have you been working on the longest, and (to keep things positive) what new good habit are you most proud of?

Anu Varadharajan
09-21-2008, 12:27 PM
What bad habit have you been working on the longest, and (to keep things positive) what new good habit are you most proud of?

I've been trying to control my temper for EVER..but it still gets the best of me at times. Not having sugar in my coffee anymore! :cool:

What is your favorite workout music?

Stephen R. Lampl
09-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Probably jazz. But I like jazz anytime, anywhere........

What's your favorite way to relax on a "rest day?"

Christin Street
09-21-2008, 03:32 PM

What's your favorite way to relax on a "rest day?"

I get pretty antsy on Rest Days which prompted me to start this Rest Day Social Q&A (thanks Patrick Haskell for the name). In the summertime I love to hang out by the pool on a rest day (SPF30). Otherwise the rest days are usually cheat days for me and I catch up on sleep.

Question: Name some of your heroes.

Bob Guere
09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I get pretty antsy on Rest Days which prompted me to start this Rest Day Social Q&A (thanks Patrick Haskell for the name). In the summertime I love to hang out by the pool on a rest day (SPF30). Otherwise the rest days are usually cheat days for me and I catch up on sleep.

Question: Name some of your heroes.

Heros? Keeping it out of Politics and Religion I'll go to any of the many Medal of Honor winners....

Christin Street
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Record low for Rest Day Q&As but then it was Sunday. Hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing weekend! Beautiful weather here in the ATL. Starting to feel like fall.

I usually start the week with a bang but today was an exception. Went to the gym late afternoon (post grand jury). I was both carb and sleep deprived. Not good.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Warmup : Run 3 miles outdoors, easy pace, 23-24 min?

BS
135x5
145x5
155x3
155x3
170x2
(only 55lbs to go before I match my PR, gee)

SP
65x5
75x3
80x3
85x2
85x1
90 (f)

Pull-ups-Felt terrible. Quit after 5 reps. wtf?

5 rounds of
10 decline weighted situps w/25# plate
10 hanging leg raises

Matt Bahen
09-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Don't sweat the down feeling in the gym today C! Sounds like the GJ duty took it out of you. I know it would me. You'll bounce back...you always do! :highfive:

Chris Scott
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
...I was both carb and sleep deprived. Not good.

BS
135x5
145x5
155x3
155x3
170x2

SP
65x5
75x3
80x3
85x2
85x1
90 (f)

5 rounds of
10 hanging leg raises

For "feeling terrible," those are some :censored: good numbers!

Patrick Haskell
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Nice, but that doesn't really answer the question, Stephen (at least not for me). What jazz, (for workout and other purposes). Charlie Parker, Charlie Christian, Pat Metheny, Miles Davis *****'s Brew sessions, Roy Ayers? Do tell, and do you play?

Me, I'd just be happy if morning radio had less talking, so I had actual workout music. Of course, I could just get a new CD box or [old guy alert] tape deck for the garage [/old guy] for the garage or an IPod (and a new collection). Then, it probably wouldn't be jazz - more likely something louder and far less subtle. The iron isn't subtle, so I don't better no be either.

Patrick Haskell
09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
We all have bad days, Christin, although I was starting to wonder about you. Did you know you didn't have it going in or did you find out underneath the bar. (That's always an unpleasant suprise.) Sounds like a good day to put behind you. Get your rest and eat like a NFL lineman for a day, and you'll be as good as ever.

Stephen R. Lampl
09-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Nice, but that doesn't really answer the question, Stephen (at least not for me). What jazz, (for workout and other purposes). Charlie Parker, Charlie Christian, Pat Metheny, Miles Davis *****'s Brew sessions, Roy Ayers? Do tell, and do you play?

Me, I'd just be happy if morning radio had less talking, so I had actual workout music. Of course, I could just get a new CD box or [old guy alert] tape deck for the garage [/old guy] for the garage or an IPod (and a new collection). Then, it probably wouldn't be jazz - more likely something louder and far less subtle. The iron isn't subtle, so I don't better no be either.

Patrick, I like listening to any of it, whether during a workout or at any other time (but I do also listen to just about anything else except Rap). Prefer the ragged edge between "progressive" and "smooth" jazz (some would call it "fusion" of a sort). If it gets a bit too "atonal" and out there, then I do find the listening a bit tedious. And yup, I do play (bass). Don't really get a chance to do much jazz myself these days - - mostly have a Bluegrass and Country community up here. Did the big-band thing in Redding for a couple of years when we lived up there. What a kick!!

I'm also one of those guys who can (and does) tune out the music when I'm really concentrating on a workout. So the beat is often not even a factor for me............strange!

Stephen R. Lampl
09-22-2008, 03:15 PM
............I usually start the week with a bang but today was an exception. Went to the gym late afternoon (post grand jury). I was both carb and sleep deprived. Not good.

BS
135x5
145x5
155x3
155x3
170x2

SP
65x5
75x3
80x3
85x2
85x1
90 (f)

5 rounds of
10 hanging leg raises

Christin, Great job, especially for an "off-day." You at least did something which has to have made you feel a bit better, at least! I like your "warm-up" and "easy" pace. An 8:00 mile would have the rubber burnin' off'n my wheels! I was never a fast runner, but I have always enjoyed running.

Hope the rest of your day ends up great!

Nik Nichols
09-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Record low for Rest Day Q&As but then it was Sunday. Hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing weekend! Beautiful weather here in the ATL. Starting to feel like fall.

I usually start the week with a bang but today was an exception. Went to the gym late afternoon (post grand jury). I was both carb and sleep deprived. Not good.

BS
135x5
145x5
155x3
155x3
170x2

SP
65x5
75x3
80x3
85x2
85x1
90 (f)

5 rounds of
10 hanging leg raises

Man you are really killing it lately!! Weighted incline situps!! That is tough!!

Scott Jenkins
09-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Hello Christin, I think I see you asking a question not too long ago about how long a PR should stand. About five years ago my goals were totally different from what they are today. I was trying to get as big as I could , which is hard with my metabolism. I weighed about 16.5 stone (100k +) but I did not run or do any metcons, only some drop sets to get an extra muscle pump.

For this reason all the massive weights I moved in this time do not count now as my PRs. I could move a lot of weight then , but I could not do it and then run 5k at a good pace. For these reasons I believe deadlifting 200k while being able to run / jump / be more skill ful etc, beats being able to deadlift 260k and just being strong full stop.

Anyway thats why my old bodybuilding days pr's do not count to me!!

Mike Bishop
09-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Scott that a good point. We almost always get a couple of guys that apply to the FD that look like they should be able to fly through the agility test because they look fit and strong. You know they have that BB type body or are pretty cut. Well more often than not, their cardio sucks! They spent so much time getting pumped that they can't run 100m without sucking wind, let alone a mile.

I am now, thanks to Xfit, stronger and have better cardio than ever. I would gladly take that any day over one or the other.

Sean Dunston
09-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Good Lord, Woman!

Your "bad" days are better than my good days. An "easy pace" 3 mile run in 23-24 minutes!!?? I would cough up a lung trying to run that fast.

All those squats and presses, then pull ups... then you just decided to throw in a few sets of weighted, inclined sit ups and leg raises?

good grief!

You are quite an inspiration.

Scott Jenkins
09-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Scott that a good point. We almost always get a couple of guys that apply to the FD that look like they should be able to fly through the agility test because they look fit and strong. You know they have that BB type body or are pretty cut. Well more often than not, their cardio sucks! They spent so much time getting pumped that they can't run 100m without sucking wind, let alone a mile.

I am now, thanks to Xfit, stronger and have better cardio than ever. I would gladly take that any day over one or the other.

Also Mike I just realised, when I was 16 years old and weighed about 9 stone I ran a mile in under 5 minutes but had absolutely no strength. I guess thats the other end of the scale to the big and strong! Im also very happy to be in the middle now where I can reach everything.

Christin Street
09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks all for the encouragement. This week is supposed to be a half-intensity week as I'm pretty busy with "life" as well as feeling torn up from last week.
Scott- I completely agree with you which is why I started that new thread a few days ago. When I post a PR these days, I don't take into account what I was squatting, running, pressing back when I was 30. Sure, those PRs count for lifetime PRs, but the PRs I post in my logs now are "what have you done lately" PRs.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_annieruok.wmv
I've seen 2 versions of this WOD. One is 21-15-9 and the other is 4 rounds of 12 reps with 500m rows in each round. I did this back in March without a recorded time. I was miserably slow today. Metcon has taken a hit but I'll get it back soon.

"Annie are you OK?"

4 rounds of
500m Row
12 Thrusters, 45#
12 SDHP, 45#
12 Burpees
12 Wall Balls, 20#
12 Cleans, 45#
Time: 27:22

Danielle Benford
09-23-2008, 10:27 AM
I've seen 2 versions of this WOD. One is 21-15-9 and the other is 4 rounds of 12 reps with 500m rows in each round. I did this back in March without a recorded time. I was miserably slow today. Metcon has taken a hit but I'll get it back soon.

"Annie are you OK?"

4 rounds of
500m Row
12 Thrusters, 45#
12 SDHP, 45#
12 Burpees
12 Wall Balls, 20#
12 Cleans, 45#

Wow -- this actually looks like fun! Great time!! I'm going to see if Tereza wants to give it a try tomorrow :evilsmile

Matt Bahen
09-23-2008, 11:01 AM
WOW! Great job on Annie R U OK Christin! :highfive: Looks like a tough one (that I haven't done yet) and you did pretty dang good in my books! Keep it up Superstar!

Mike Bishop
09-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Good job on the workout. Annie looks tough. I might have to give this a try after this week with FGB3 coming up Sat.

What made you choose that version over the other?

Stephen R. Lampl
09-23-2008, 12:33 PM

"Annie are you OK?"

4 rounds of
500m Row
12 Thrusters, 45#
12 SDHP, 45#
12 Burpees
12 Wall Balls, 20#
12 Cleans, 45#

Christin,

Looks like a great and fun workout. Also, very impressive for a "half intensity" workout! You are such an inspiration to us all! I'll have to try that WOD some time; course it'll be titled "Steve, are you OK?" when (and if) I complete it.............:rofl:

Veronica Davis
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
RE: Yesterday - Bad days happen.

RE: Today - Nice job. I guess you didn't want to do the virtual shoveling WOD. LOL.

Stephen R. Lampl
09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
...........RE: Today - Nice job. I guess you didn't want to do the virtual shoveling WOD. LOL.

Veronica, I learned one thing today if I learned anything at all...........I'd much rather shovel snow or dirt than do "Virtual Shoveling!" (LOL) Talk about the proverbial "butt kicking!"

Cheryl White
09-23-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm in with the "that looks like fun" crowd! I'll be noting that one, Christin, thanks! :super: job as always! Your half-efforts are my intense ones! :D

Nick Harris
09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Good job on "Annie" Christin! Have a great week.

Chrissy McConnell
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Awesome job on "Annie Are U Okay?" Christin!! You rocked as always!! I don't know how you continue to perform so phenomenally every single day, but it's sure inspiring to watch!!

Oh, and congrats on being the third most viewed thread on the boards :highfive: ...wait, maybe this one is more appropriate: :king:

Chris Scott
09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Awesome job on "Annie Are U Okay?" Christin!! You rocked as always!! I don't know how you continue to perform so phenomenally every single day, but it's sure inspiring to watch!!

Oh, and congrats on being the third most viewed thread on the boards :highfive: ...wait, maybe this one is more appropriate: :king:
:yeahthat:

I love that smiley. And in this case, it's well-deserved.

Christin Street
09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't know how you continue to perform so phenomenally every single day, but it's sure inspiring to watch!!
Wow! Thanks for the kind words espeically given that I feel like crap this week. I'm trying to figure out what has me so wiped out lately. I think I've narrowed it down to a few...it's either 1) low iron 2) poor quality sleep 3) not enough carbs or 4) just Crossfit kicking my butt. I'm going with the first possibility and taking an iron supplement. I've run low on iron a few times in the past. I should be able to see how my energy does/doesn't pick up as a result.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DL 1x6
135x8
205x5
205x5
-----
215x1
225x1
230x1
235x1
240x1
240x1
Ugly form on last 2, so no increases today. Only 1xweek on DLs now.

BP
95x5
100x5
115x3
120x2
125x1 (questionable depth)
130x1 (should be a PR but not counting since depth=1-2" above chest)

Short metcon
4 rounds of
100 jump rope
50 air squats

Laura Kurth
09-24-2008, 12:04 PM
getting close to bw bench christin, that is awesome!

Stephen R. Lampl
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow! Thanks for the kind words espeically given that I feel like crap this week. I'm trying to figure out what has me so wiped out lately. I think I've narrowed it down to a few...it's either 1) low iron 2) poor quality sleep 3) not enough carbs or 4) just Crossfit kicking my butt. I'm going with the first possibility and taking an iron supplement. I've run low on iron a few times in the past. I should be able to see how my energy does/doesn't pick up as a result.

DL 1x6
135x8
205x5
205x5
-----
215x1
225x1
230x1
235x1
240x1
240x1

BP
95x5
100x5
115x3
120x2
125x1 (questionable depth)
130x1 (should be a PR but not counting since depth=1-2" above chest)

Short metcon
4 rounds of
100 jump rope
50 air squats

Great job, Christin!

Not being picky, but you did a lot of reps on your way up on both the BP and DL. Wonder if you could trim a couple of reps from the front and raise your last set's # a little?

For your metcon, was your rope jumping just singles or did you do Dbl Unders? I want to do some jumping, but am not coordinated enough (yet) to do Dbl Unders.

Thanks!

Anu Varadharajan
09-24-2008, 05:46 PM
:bowdown: Holy SMOKES Christin.. WOW..is all I can say!!!

Stephen R. Lampl
09-24-2008, 05:55 PM
:bowdown: Holy SMOKES Christin.. WOW..is all I can say!!!

BTW, Christin,

You'll knock the roof off those numbers anyway when you feel 100%. You ARE amazing! How old did you say you were? 27? :run::run::run:

Theresa Meyer
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Great job! I had comparable numbers before rotator cuff surgery, but only got to 215 on DLs. You did an incredible job! I hope I can get back to that status again soon!

Alix Clark
09-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Hey Christin - hope you're feeling back on top of things soon! Nice DLs. Is jury duty over???

Charles Bennington
09-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Killer DL. Also glad to see that avatar make a come back, purely for selfish reasons;)

Danielle Benford
09-24-2008, 06:41 PM

DL 1x6
135x8
205x5
205x5
-----
215x1
225x1
230x1
235x1
240x1
240x1

Wow. That's all I can say. Tereza calls me Mrs. Deadlift - because I love them so - but you certainly take the cake on that one! May I announce... the Dutchess of Deadlift!! :highfive:

Stephen R. Lampl
09-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey Christin,

PM to you...........

Camille Lore
09-24-2008, 07:04 PM
:notworth: Incredible... great stuff, Christin! Very motivating.

Christin Street
09-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Thanks all!

Alix, no GJ duty is only halfway over! Four more miserable weeks. Monday I wore a CF T-shirt (which was waaay underdressed for a juror) and a police officer on the elevator started asking me about CF since he'd heard of it. Loved it!

Hey Theresa! Haven't seen you in ages!

Chrissy- Thanks for that smilie! I'm so not worthy!:o

Stephen- Got the PM. No problem. I always appreciate another's point of view. I always build up to my working sets on lifts. I usually don't post them though.

It's a rest day but since I won't be able to workout for the next 3 days, I'll do something later today.

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year? (If you're not a runner then, biking,swimming,etc.)
15K run. I won't be doing that WOD for a long time.

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? (remember muscle is good, so gaining isn't necessarily bad)
Gained about 5 lbs of muscle.

3) Do you have a favorite Crossfit hottie from the main site?
Boz

4) Dream job?
Grand Juror. Ha! Seriously, I love being a mom for now but owning a gym would be sweet.

Anu Varadharajan
09-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year? 5K run for the WOD

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? (remember muscle is good, so gaining isn't necessarily bad)
I've lost about 4 pounds of fat - I have more muscle definition and I am stronger than ever before.

Not yet.

4) Dream job?
Where I am now. A mom, a professor and administrator - it keeps me busy, gives me flexibility to be home when the kids get home and I'm hoping to get some travel in next year.

Brad Dix
09-25-2008, 04:15 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year? (If you're not a runner then, biking,swimming,etc.)
i ran about 6.5 miles not too long ago. i enjoy a long run on the weekend if time allows. (i'm really slow)

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? (remember muscle is good, so gaining isn't necessarily bad) I've pretty much stayed the same weight which is ok with me. i can see more definition though which is a good thing.

3) Do you have a favorite Crossfit hottie from the main site? Nichole :notworth:

4) Dream job? while i don't enjoy it every day, i have my dream job. i get to teach and coach at my alma mater, and hopefully i'll get to do it until i decide to not do it (about 25 years from now).

Kirez Reynolds
09-25-2008, 04:22 AM

9 miles. First year since '98 that it's less than 26.

Gained 12 lbs.

Smokey -- no doubt: http://www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/smokey-th.jpg
There's one girl I thought was really cute, but I don't remember her name, I saw her at the Games then she appeared on a main page photo some time back. Ah... found her: Miranda Oldroyd, of CrossFit 801.

4) Dream job?

I think I'd like to have a talk show on the Discovery Channel or C-SPAN, teaching epistemology and discussing evolutionary psychology all the time, hosting and moderating debates between scholars. Other than that... CrossFit trainer![/QUOTE]

Scott Jenkins
09-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year?
15K run. I guess lots of people will be putting this.

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF?
I weigh the same, but believe my muscle has re-positioned itself in a more efficient set-up.

No but much respect for all of them

4) Dream job?
To be the person who looks after the 'Chimps' & 'Penguins' at the zoo. Love being around animals and these two particularly make me laugh. Or to open a Crossfit Essex of course. Yes Essex boy!!

Veronica Davis
09-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job?

1) 3 miles... which is a marathon for me. I was/am a sprinter.

2) My weight hasn't changed, but I've gained muscle

3) This young tenderoni from my CF cert. I can't remember his name.

4) Running/Owning my own gym

Danielle Benford
09-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job?

1) Run: 8 miles, Bike (1st time ever): 57 miles

2) I actually think my weight (overall) is about the same. I don't make it habit of weighing myself anymore. I think physical build is more important than overall weight. My BF has dropped about 3%. It's plateaued ever since my layoff because my eating habits went down the drain, but I'm back on the wagon now :)

3) I could watch Amundson or Boz all day long :D

4) Realistically: personal trainer. Dreamland: Restaurant/bar owner. Psychologist. Actress. Ballroom Dancer. Forensic Scientist. Lawyer. Lottery winner. I could really keep going!

Nik Nichols
09-25-2008, 06:05 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job?

1)6 mi. but after I moved, my running has become non existant extept for the running in the WOD.

2) Like Danielle, I don't really bother with the scale much, for me it is about fitness, not getting bigger(wich would be cool but not nesissary) or getting smaller(but being cut would bee cool as well) It is about being pain free being able to chase my 2 year old son at 41yo without being to tired.

After all that I have lost some weight somwhere arround10 to 20 lbs in the last 2 years.

3) Hottie? hard to answer, I look at charicter and accomplisment. Are you cool? How do you treat others? How hard is you workout.

I liked the heart of that ,was she 13year old at the crossfit games. Thwe girls on here(message boards) are really cool suportive strong determined, that is cool to me.
That girl on todays main page doing heavy fran is cool.
Christin out running me and getting a lob propisition at the same time is cool. Danielle's thousands of GHD's in one setting is cool!
Carla's avitar is the coolest.
Smalls recovering from sergery and coming back to do a WOD.

Ricky and his worouts which are killing me!

You are all my heros!!LOL

Danielle Benford
09-25-2008, 06:23 AM
3) Hottie? hard to answer, I look at charicter and accomplisment. Are you cool? How do you treat others? How hard is you workout.

I liked the heart of that ,was she 13year old at the crossfit games. Thwe girls on here(message boards) are really cool suportive strong determined, that is cool to me.
That girl on todays main page doing heavy fran is cool.
Christin out running me and getting a lob propisition at the same time is cool. Danielle's thousands of GHD's in one setting is cool!
Carla's avitar is the coolest.
Smalls recovering from sergery and coming back to do a WOD.

Ricky and his worouts which are killing me!

You are all my heros!!LOL

Aw, Nik, you are a hero too! Thanks for the love :)

James Forshaw
09-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Your back is shredded. I can't get my head around that you are supposed to be 49, it just doesn't make sense. Write the book and publish it, you'll make a killing. Honestly.

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

It was probably during a 2 hour football session. I'd say 10K was a conservative guess.

Gained about 9lbs of incidental muscle (didn't mean to, or not to) most of it on my quads and traps. I have tiny pecs, which isn't aesthetically pleasing, but just proves that the chest contributes almost nothing to your strength and fitness.

Jolie is pretty in an obvious sort of way, I guess.

4) Dream job?
Owning Crossfit Liverpool. Though if I'd have been born more favourably, I'd love to have been an elite olympic lifter.

Sean Dunston
09-25-2008, 06:38 AM

4) Dream job?

1) I ran my last 1/2 marathon in October of last year, so I guess that counts: 13.1.

2) I lost weight - about 35#, and I gained muscle, too!

3) Nicole Carroll.

4) I think I have my dream job... but I really like my part-time gig coaching at the Affiliate... happy that my life allows me time for both.

Matt Bahen
09-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job?

1) Ran a half-marathon (13.1 miles) in March. Rode 40ish miles with my buddy before he left.

2) I've lost about 5lbs on CF...pretty sure I've gained muscle and lost fat judging by looks and my weight

3) Nicole...:D

4) Gym owner/operator would be cool...or maybe a Smoke Jumper! Something about adrenaline...

Nick Harris
09-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year? 10K

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? My body fat was around 20% and I weighed 198 lbs, size 36 inch pants... (NOW) 9% body fat, lost 22 lbs in all to average 175 lbs, and my pant size is down to 32 inches... I contribute this to CrossFit and eating right.

3) Do you have a favorite Crossfit hottie from the main site? They are all great.

4) Dream job? I would love to be a Vice President of Marketing and Advertising for Liverpool Football Club in Liverpool, Egland. Watch all the games across the world and be able to wine and dine potential companies to work with!

Christin Street
09-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Boz

4) Dream job?
Grand Juror. Ha! Seriously, I love being a mom for now but owning a gym would be sweet.

Quick addition to #3: --"Tosh doing Grace" in the vid on the main site...I could watch him again and again and never get tired of it. Beautiful bad a$$.

Laura Kurth
09-25-2008, 07:17 AM
1. I rode 125 miles last Saturday on my bike. Running... I don't know. Longest is probably 4 miles or so, I haven't been running much.

2. Gained about 4-5lbs I guess

3. Jodi Bainbridge :notworth:

4. Something like... farmer/producer of delicous healthy food line/chef of delicious healthy restaurant/crossfit trainer all rolled into one

or I'd settle for, lottery winner who doesn't have to work at all.. :D

Tirzah Harper
09-25-2008, 07:26 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year? Two

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? Gained. And it's not all muscle. But that's not CF's fault.

3) Do you have a favorite Crossfit hottie from the main site? Whoever has a picture up, especially if their character is as good as their body.

4) Dream job? Not specifically, but I dream of attributes to this dream job that I have yet to find!
I'm really good with details and numbers. I'm not afraid of busting @ss.
I want a job that is more physical than sitting at a desk all day.
I want a job where I feel that I'm contributing something meaningful and positive to the world - not just filling a function required by what I feel is stupid bureaucracy.
I want a job that I identify strongly with - so I don't feel like I'm hanging everything that is important to ME up on the hook with my coat when I walk in.
I want a job that includes learning new things frequently, researching things, traveling.

Dave Coughlin
09-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

I]

[I]2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? (remember muscle is good, so gaining isn't necessarily bad)
I]

[I]3) Do you have a favorite Crossfit hottie from the main site?

4) Dream job?
[I]I]

1) Only about a 10K run the past year...if you stretch the time back to May 2007, I did the Florida Half IronMan (1.2-S, 56-B, 13.1R). My long duration rides/runs kind of went out the window with the arrival of the Little One last September:)

2) I've lost about 3-5 lbs, give or take, since I started CF. The mirror doesn't lie, and my wife and I can tell that there's been a postive change in how I look, thanks to CF.

3) Wow, favorite CF hottie...too many to name. I'll have to say Mrs. Coach, Lauren G., for her handing out free daily samples of pain, humility, and suffering via the main site WODs. Not too bad on the eyes, either.

4) I've already got my dream job, as a Firefighter. My not-a-snowballs-chance-in-he!! dream job would be to be the starting MLB for the defending Super Bowl Champion Cleveland Browns! Like I said, total fantasy:highfive:

Yet another great rest day convo, Soccer Mom. Good luck with the home stretch at jury duty.

Bob Guere
09-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Boz

4) Dream job?

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Lost a lot of fat, gained a lot of muscle, net down 25 lbs.

Um, hello........ Nicole!

4) Dream job?
I think full time artist or trainer would be the best.

By the way... awesome new Avatar!

Cheryl White
09-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Umm...zero. LOL

I lost 10 lbs then gained it back after the leg-swelling fiasco then lost 5 again. LOL

This guy:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/uri3117/rotator2.jpg

I have no idea who he is, but every time one of his pics pops up I always think he's a cutie.

4) Dream job?

I change my mind about that every day. Best-selling author, bohemian graphic artist, CF Affiliate owner, music producer... Ask me tomorrow and you'll get completely different answers. LOL

Sean Dunston
09-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Umm...zero. LOL

I lost 10 lbs then gained it back after the leg-swelling fiasco then lost 5 again. LOL

This guy:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/uri3117/rotator2.jpg

I have no idea who he is, but every time one of his pics pops up I always think he's a cutie.

Cheryl-
I think that is Dave Leys.
Have you seen the video of him and Greg do Grace at the same time? You might like it...
wfs
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/grace-off.wmv

Carla Tremblay
09-25-2008, 08:31 AM
1) What is the most number of consecutive miles that you've run over the past year?

12 miles

2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF?

Lost a couple pounds... Think I gained muscle... :)

Not really... I'm on the boards more than the main page!!

4) Dream job?

Would like to do something more active... Maybe own a gym?? ;)

Christin - Your new avatar is hot! Your back is ripped!!!

Cheryl White
09-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Cheryl-
I think that is Dave Leys.
Have you seen the video of him and Greg do Grace at the same time? You might like it...
wfs
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/grace-off.wmv

http://paleshelter.net/thud.gif

Mike Bishop
09-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Dang girl. Check out the new pic. You are ripped and tan.

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job?

1. 5K I hate running, but I hate it less now then when I started Xfit

2. I have lost about 20-25 lbs and am still losing a little. 185 lbs to 159 lbs or so.

3. Jolie (after saying this I hope I spelled her name right)

4. When I grow up I want to be a firemen. Wait can you really grow up and still be a firemen at the same time?

Stephen R. Lampl
09-25-2008, 09:39 AM
................Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job.

Geez, Christin! Shamin' us all with that back of yours! Great avatar! "Hope I can look that good someday....................oops; I'm a guy. Oh well (ROFL)!!

Let's see........

1). Walked 8 miles. Can't run on that !@#$%^&* knee yet!

2). Lost nearly 10 pounds, but know I've gained some muscle too. I can see the difference already and am stronger than I was just 3 wks ago! Yeah CF!

3). Nope.........not yet.

4). Just retired from my dream job (28 years with the CHP!). I don't know what I want to do when I grow up, but I'd absolutely love to play bass professionally full time - - do recording and/or the jazz combo thing!

Christin Street
09-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I hate breaking up the rhythm on the Q&As but wanted to log my WOD.:o

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Grace"
30 reps of Clean and Jerks

Used 75#. Time=4:17
Will go heavier next time. Only other Grace was 6/24 when I used 65# and time was 6:07. I'm thrilled.

3 rounds of
20 Floor wipers, 95#
20 KTE

3 rounds of
12 pull-ups, no assist, yay
21 KBS, 40#DB
Time: 6:52

Back to the fun....ya'll are great!!:love:

Jimi Miller
09-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

[B][I]2) Have you lost or gained weight since starting CF? (remember muscle is good, so gaining isn't necessarily bad)

4) Dream job?

1) 10k. I tried the 15k but didn't finish.
2) Was 147, 16% bodyfat. Now 152, 14%
3) All of them. There are too many to list. I was particularly enthralled by EC and Sam doing "Man Grace" this week. I think I'm too short for EC though. Having said that, Nicole is certainly very easy on the eyes and I think Jolie would be a blast to hang out with. Can't forget Texas Annie either. I could go on and on!
4) Dream job would be to be independently wealthy and open my own gym. That way I don't have to worry about actually making any money and could focus on helping/training people that really desired to be healthy and fit and willing to put in the work. Where desire was the requirement to entry, not pocketbook. Again, having said that, I'm pretty close to another dream job now. I get to work at a large university helping facilitate world changing research (while also trying to keep very smart people out of trouble).

Jennifer Ellington
09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Love the new avatar, Christin!

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Boz

4) Dream job?

1) 5K

2) My weight has stayed the same, but I'm seeing more muscle definition.

3) No favorite (yet) - there are so many beautiful choices . Dave and Boz are definitely up there, though.

4) The answer I give today would be different if you ask me tomorrow. I have a lot of interests.

Stephen Smith
09-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

4) Dream job?

Hey, Christin! You're getting ridiculously strong AND not losing any MetCon! :notworth:

Anyway, on to the questions:
1) 5K, I haven't been a big runner in a long time, but I may try a longer run sometime soon.

2) I've lost 20#, and I'm stronger at the same time.

3) I've always been really impressed with Annie. Oh, and I'm in awe of Greg A. as well...

4) After I retire from what I do now, I want to go back to school and become a teacher. I wish I could do it now, but with my financial obligations, and the fact that teachers are grossly underpaid for their importance to society, I can't afford to. :mad:

Greg Privitera
09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

800m???

Started at high 180s, dropped to low 170s, currently at 200 for str cycle. Will cut to 185-190ish starting in one month.

Jolie moly.

4) Dream job?

Host on food or travel or (especially) a beer show.

Charles Bennington
09-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

3 miles or so, long distance running it for prey, not predators.

Lost about 10 pounds, but body composition is always improving.

Main site...Gillian...mmmmm

4) Dream job?
Professional Trillionaire:D

Alix Clark
09-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Nice new avatar Christin!

1) Half marathon on the weekend - 21km. Woohoo!! No training for this apart from CF.
2) Weight exactly the same but have lost 5% BF to sit at around 18%.
3) Jolie. Boz.
4) If I didn't need money i'd love to be a CF trainer. Would love to be able to help people see how great it is to be healthy. My current job enables me to do that in a less personal way, so that's pretty good.

Sean Dunston
09-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I hate breaking up the rhythm on the Q&As but wanted to log my WOD.:o

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Grace"

Will go heavier next time. Only other Grace was 6/24 when I used 65# and time was 6:07. I'm thrilled.

3 rounds of
20 Floor wipers, 95#
20 KTE

3 rounds of
12 pull-ups, no assist, yay
21 KBS, 40#DB
Time: 6:52

Back to the fun....ya'll are great!!:love:

Nice job on Grace, Christin!
I can't believe you can put forth such a smokin effort and then still have the energy and strength to do so much MORE.
:notworth:

After I did Grace last Saturday, I was D-O-N-E!

Christin Street
09-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Nice job on Grace, Christin!
I can't believe you can put forth such a smokin effort and then still have the energy and strength to do so much MORE.
:notworth:

After I did Grace last Saturday, I was D-O-N-E!
Thanks Sean...it just means the weight was too LIGHT! I've gotta suck it up and do the big girl weights soon!!

Greg Privitera
09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, just responded to your question in my log.

p.s. Nice back.

Steven Novick
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
18 miles! I never thought I would or could.
Been about the same, but added some muscle

All the divas are awesome

4) Dream job?
Crossfit trainer, duh!:)

BTW, nice muscle def on your avatar, and great tan too!

Erin Davidson
09-25-2008, 07:38 PM
NICE GRACE TIME, Christin. Rx'd cleans sound perfect for next time.

3 miles and then some - used to live with a runner.

Ah yes, I started last November at 135ish. When I first started lifting around last May I went from 140 (Down from 155 - a VERY scary place to be - I started running an hour at least 4x a week and hill sprinting) to 132 on a version of the AD - and I got so dizzy I couldn't really function. Shot up to 150 post getting pullups and living off of lots of paleo food - also my back grew in ways I could never have anticipated, also - my er, glutes. Now back down to wavering around 145.

AmundSON, and Dutch - short but sweet. ;) And as far as the ladies go: Somewhere between Nicole and Annie.

4) Dream job?

I've heard most people switch careers 3 times in a lifetime so:

My current job is awesome. Seriously - who wakes up at 5am happy that they're going to work??? Buuuuuuuuuuuuut...if that falls through...

1. Music - it'd be good to sing for my supper.

2. Archaelogist millionaire a la Lara Croft. Obviously because I love exploring, ancient languages, and kicking a$$. :evilsmile Hehe. Seriously - if I could fly from a bungee cord to unwind before bed I would.

3. General Surgeon for Medecins Sans Frontieres - I don't think I have the patience for corporate healthcare - but I'd still love to have the ability to open a body cavity and know my way around.

Scott Jenkins
09-26-2008, 02:48 AM
"Grace"

Great time Christin, the extra strength is paying off!! :highfive:

Kirez Reynolds
09-26-2008, 03:58 AM
Hey Christin, regarding the smokin' avatars...

I'm a leg man. :smiley_ev

Fantastic job on Grace. I'm just barely cluing in to this performer in our midst!

Matt Bahen
09-26-2008, 05:17 AM
Gotta throw in my dittos on all the above comments here Christin:

1) GREAT work on Grace! No surprise, but I'm still inspired by your work! :notworth:

2) Awesome avatar! :D Talk about RRRRIIIPPPEEED! Dang!

Camille Lore
09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
:yeahthat:

Nice definition in your avatar. And very nice work with Grace!

Jodi Bainbridge
09-26-2008, 06:25 AM
1. I rode 125 miles last Saturday on my bike. Running... I don't know. Longest is probably 4 miles or so, I haven't been running much.

2. Gained about 4-5lbs I guess

3. Jodi Bainbridge :notworth:

4. Something like... farmer/producer of delicous healthy food line/chef of delicious healthy restaurant/crossfit trainer all rolled into one

or I'd settle for, lottery winner who doesn't have to work at all.. :D

Sorry I haven't been around to post much. Work has been crazy busy, I'm down in the gym all night coaching, and I'm back at University. Posting time has been almost nil. I do however try to keep up with what everyone is doing. I'm amazed at everyone's journals...keep up the excellent work everyone!!!

Sorry to hijack your journal Christin. ;)

I just have to say that this post totally made my day!! haha!! What a great compliment!! Thanks Laura!

Elizabeth Terris
09-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Nice work especially on Grace! She really kills me. Nice Avtar

Melissa Whittle
09-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Sweet time on Grace! Way to get it done! :pepper:

James Forshaw
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Did I miss some amazing leg-action avatar??

Thanks for the encouragement, Christin. Fran hurt, but it'd have hurt a whole lot more if I hadn't started incorporating heavy front squats and thrusters into the routine. This strength emphasis is really starting to work for me, I hope you're enjoying it with your training too!

Stephen R. Lampl
09-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Great job on Grace, Christin!

Chris Scott
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow. Going on forty-eight hours with no posts here?

I'm concerned--everyone OK? :p

Camille Lore
09-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Was thinking the same thing!

Delita Wright
09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Me, too - and I'm just a lurker here... =)

Stephen R. Lampl
09-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Same question. Christin???

Christin Street
09-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Wow. Going on forty-eight hours with no posts here?
I'm concerned--everyone OK? :p
HA! I guess 48hrs is my PR for no posts out here! I was in New Orleans for a wedding since Friday. We had a great time but whew...I'm glad to be home. I hit a PR for Max Butter in 3 days...something like one tablespoon per minute! Commander's Palace to Cafe du Monde to the wedding parties...I feel ill. Only did one WOD which ironically was the same one posted on the main site: 400m+50 squats x4 in about 11:something.

Did I miss some amazing leg-action avatar??
Thanks for the encouragement, Christin. Fran hurt, but it'd have hurt a whole lot more if I hadn't started incorporating heavy front squats and thrusters into the routine. This strength emphasis is really starting to work for me, I hope you're enjoying it with your training too!
I had posted a pic awhile ago (Daisy Dukes style, bikini) but it didn't stay up too long!:o
Yes, I'm enjoying the additional strength; however I'm feeling just a tad bulky on the metcons. Hybrid is the only way for me.

I just have to say that this post totally made my day!! haha!! What a great compliment!! Thanks Laura!
Well, Laura was correct!! You rock, Jodi! Beautiful and strong!

I've missed checking in on everyone's log and will get back on track this week so get out there and get some!

Jennifer Ellington
09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Sounds like you had a great time in NO, Christin. The food is worth it, even if you do feel slightly ill afterwards! :p

Chris Scott
09-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Agreed. Moderation in all things, including moderation. Glad to have you back.

Christin Street
09-29-2008, 04:02 AM
Howdy folks....these are a bit strange today....nothing to do with Crossfit! Have fun!
:)
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
1) If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
Cheetah because they're damn fast.

2) Have you ever been told that you look like someone famous?
Felicity Huffman of Desperate Housewives....the soccer mom.

3) What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
When I was 8 my family was camping in Spain. My dad, who was a Major at the time, had packed C-rations for our food. We ate some kind of spaghetti out of a green can. Needless to say we went shopping the next day.

4) How many speeding tickets have you had in your lifetime?
Surprisingly only one (I drive pretty fast) but I talked the police officer out of it.

Veronica Davis
09-29-2008, 04:10 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
1) Christin... I'm going to have to go with Cheetah too. When I was little, I wanted to be Cheetara from Thundercats.

2) Maia Campbell from the old LL Cool J show "In Da House". Tweet the R&B singer who did the song "Ooops"

3) My mom's family lives in Louisiana, so no telling what I've eaten.

4) Um... By State... NJ -2, NY-3, VA-1, MD - 1... The one in MD the police officer let me go... thank God for mini-skirts. Two of the three in NJ have gotten thrown out when I went to court with my lawyer. The one in VA was a reckless driving ticket, but thanks to my lawyer I got off with a slap on the wrist. I'm single handedly keeping my lawyer in business.

Scott Jenkins
09-29-2008, 04:28 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
A big Grizzly Bear.

John Terry (England captain), Chico (a z list x factor wannabe), George Michael. I definately dont see any similarities myself!!

Catfood when sleep walking, but the worst is probably a spider. Apparently our garden varieties teeth cannot penetrate our skin so I placed one on my tongue to scare my then girlfriend. Unknown to me their teeth can penetrate the skin of the tongue and it was such a shock i swallowed it!!

None I run faster than I drive, Miss Daisy here I come!!

Cheryl White
09-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Lion. King of the Jungle, baby.

Stevie Nicks and most recently Liz Phair. :D I always said I wanted Nicole Kidman to play me in the story of my life though...

Does escargot count? I actually liked it.

Two. One in TN back in '98 (what the heck kind of weird state puts a 35mph zone in a section of the interstate?!) that nearly cost me my license. I swore I'd never go back to TN. It took me 10 years to break that promise. I'm glad I did though. ;) The other was recently in Concord.

Brad Dix
09-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Howdy folks....these are a bit strange today....nothing to do with Crossfit! Have fun!
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

When I was 8 my family was camping in Spain. My dad, who was a Major at the time, had packed C-rations for our food. We ate some kind of spaghetti out of a green can. Needless to say we went shopping the next day.

Surprisingly only one (I drive pretty fast) but I talked the police officer out of it.

1) If you were an animal, what would you be and why? I think I'd have to go with a gorilla because they're so damn strong.

2) Have you ever been told that you look like someone famous? Nope, can't say that I have.

3) What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Probably dog biscuits during a bar crawl a few years back.

4) How many speeding tickets have you had in your lifetime? I've only had three that I can recall. I didn't get out of any of them despite the mini-skirt.

Jodi Bainbridge
09-29-2008, 04:42 AM
1) If you were an animal, what would you be and why? One of my spoiled little kitties. haha!! They get to eat, play, sleep, and snuggle all day long.

2) Have you ever been told that you look like someone famous? Nelly Furtado. I get that ALOT...now if only I could sing. LOL!!

3) What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? I don't recall ever eating anything weird. hhmmm...that's pretty boring.

4) How many speeding tickets have you had in your lifetime? None. I got a warning once.

Matthew Green
09-29-2008, 05:11 AM
A polar bear! Why? Why wouldn't you want to be one!

Yeah, some ugly footballer, I forget his name but it wasn't complimentary!

A raw shark eyeball, during my marine biology days...... it was a dare

None........... yet

Theresa Meyer
09-29-2008, 05:15 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Lion. King of the Jungle, baby.

Stevie Nicks and most recently Liz Phair. :D I always said I wanted Nicole Kidman to play me in the story of my life though...

Does escargot count? I actually liked it.

Two. One in TN back in '98 (what the heck kind of weird state puts a 35mph zone in a section of the interstate?!) that nearly cost me my license. I swore I'd never go back to TN. It took me 10 years to break that promise. I'm glad I did though. ;) The other was recently in Concord.

I was going to say awhile back that you look like Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks, a show from the early 90s. At least you look like her in your avatar!

Camille Lore
09-29-2008, 05:17 AM
Damn V- you're more of a speed demon than I am!

Red tailed hawk. I'd like to float around on the wind and feel the rush as I divebomb something!

Joan Jett and Demi Moore.

Nothing really odd- calamari? Octopus?

Uh- Probably couldn't count them. It's been several years since I've had one, which is a record for me. I once got a speeding ticket on a 80cc scooter! Talk about embarrassing! That thing didn't go over 45!

Jennifer Ellington
09-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) Cheetah because they're fast and just cool. Dolphin would be a close second.

2) Sally Field and Katie Holmes. Don't see either one when I look in the mirror.

3) Jellyfish at a Japanese restaurant. I'm pretty sure I ate some dog at a roadside stand in Korea one time (the mamasan didn't admit it, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was).

4) One each in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. Two in Georgia and two in NC. Got off on all but the ones in Georgia.

Stephen Smith
09-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) Tough call, I'm torn between some sort of raptor, or a carnivorous cetacean. Top of the food chain, plus freedom of either the air or the ocean, is the ultimate! I think of all the choices though, I'd have to pick dolphin, just because they also have a lot of fun and enjoy life!

2) Stone Cold Steve Austin, although I'm significantly shorter.

3) On purpose? various insects, in my younger, dare-accepting days.

4) Only 1 speeding ticket, when I was a teenager in Texas. You don't want to know all the other ways I've found to get tickets, though. :mad:

Danielle Benford
09-29-2008, 06:52 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
A dolphin. They are the only other species of animal that are said to experience happiness :)

Nope

I had ostrich meat at a restaurant once. Very gamey.

Two.

Patrick Haskell
09-29-2008, 07:28 AM
OK, I'll play today, since I've got a rest day coming up myself.

Rest Day Social Club Q&A
Well, I gotta say, I'm pretty happy being a human. It'd be cool to be a brown bear: nobody messes with you and you get to eat berries and fish to your heart's delight, but I'm a big fan of winter, so the whole hibernation thing wouldn't be my style.

Happens all the time. From Val Kilmer to Brad Pitt to Caito Cailin. (I guess some days are better than others.)

A bunch of friends went on a weekend camping trip and someone made the mistake of buying unsalted peanuts (which when you're sweating like crazy just don't taste good). To make them more palatable somebody had the bright idea of mixing some summer sausage with them. Needless to say, the meatnuts were the last thing to get eaten that weekend, and they were the source of much jocularity. We even gave them an advertising slogan: "Meatnuts, not as bad as they sound."

Five that I can recall, the most recent of which I managed to get stricken, on account of going to the magistrate and saying that the officer's Lidar was probably correct, but that I didn't mean to be driving that fast. I think the sheer suprise of this approach, combined with the rare warm, sunny February day, saved my butt on this one. As a result, I have a clean driving record for insurance purposes.

James Forshaw
09-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
Kodiak Bear - bigger, hungrier and meaner than the polar and grizzly (sorry Matthew and Scott!)

Michael Ballack / Jens Lehmann (soccer players) by my brother. Kurt Russell (my friend trying to wind me up). The singer in Trapt (whoever they are).

Probably springbok and bulltongue in South Africa

None, but I passed my theory test today :D

Stephen, that your lookalike is Stone Cold Steve Austin made my afternoon!

Jimi Miller
09-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Hmm some tough ones today.
1) Hyena. Don't particularly excel in any one area but a survivalist and one mean sob when cornered. Also, I'll eat anything, see below.
2) Not really. If so, none that I was happy enough to remember.
3) Octopus I guess, although that tasted pretty good. I've had all the regular stuff though, snails, oysters, bugs, worms, cheetos, I'll eat darn near anything.
4) A lot. I used to have to drive all the way through Kansas to and from school and they would get me every time. That state is way too flat and way too long (east to west). I've never been given a warning either. A wonder if a miniskirt would help...probably not.

Anu Varadharajan
09-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Christin Street
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
A bird - any kind.. I love the feeling of being free and flying off.

Recently - like a Bolllywood actress... :p

Sorry - don't eat weird stuff.. seaweed is probably the closest I've come to it and just barely a mouthful

About 5. My first at 19 and I was told my the officer that I drive like a guy!!! :cool:

Vanessa Sisson
09-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Happens all the time. From Val Kilmer to Brad Pitt to Caito Cailin. (I guess some days are better than others.)

Patrick, I think you need a new avatar.

Patrick Haskell
09-29-2008, 09:34 AM

Oh-oh. Looks like the milk-fed girl can dish it out, too. :o (Guess that's only fair.)

If I photographed half as well as kind-hearted people compliment me, I might do that, but I like my scientific little avatar. It's followed me around the internet for years and is even more appropriate here. Maybe if I get a picture of myself actually working out, I'll throw it up here somewhere. Maybe.

Sean Dunston
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) A dog - but it would have to be a dog in my household... they really epitomize the saying, "It's a dog's life."

2) At various stages in my life, I have been told I look like Christian Slater, Tom Cruise and John Cusak. Cusak less frequently than the other two, and Slater more often than Cruise.

3) I don't know if it is true, but we always assumed it was based on circumstances... I was working on sport fishing boats out of SF Bay, and we took a charter from one of my captain's buddies who owned a Vietnamese restaurant... they brought a ton of food on board, and we all (the crew and charter members) ate everything all day. At the end of the day, they told us the meat was actually dog, not lamb. If that was not true, then tripe soup in Chinatown SF was probably the strangest.

4) I have had 3 speeding tickets in the last 20+ years. First one was bogus - really! Second two were absolutely legit. I have been pulled over for speeding (or doing something [else] stupid) and given a verbal or written warning NUMEROUS times.

Bob Guere
09-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
As much as our cat gets on my nerves lately, probably a cat. They have got the life.

Yes, but no one has ever said it since. Joey Lawrence... and I'll thank you very much for never mentioning it again.... "WHOA!"

Bugs probably in survival school.

Speeding? I think 2 or 3.

Elizabeth Terris
09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
A swan, they are magnificent birds and live 102 years plus I like the idea of being able to be Zeus' consort.

Carrie-Anne Moss :rofl: I wish.

Uni. (I figure a sea urchin's gonads must count as weird even if it a well known Sushi delicacy.)

One, I arrived in Texas after living in Germany. I tried to plead that I had forgotten about speed limits. The police were not amused.

Patrick Haskell
09-29-2008, 10:42 AM
3) What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?[/B]
Uni. (I figure a sea urchin's gonads must count as weird even if it a well known Sushi delicacy.)

That qualifies as the worst for me - maybe the weirdest, too, now that you mention it. I had no idea it was the gonads; I just thought it was just sea urchin. Guess you can't eat any other part. I had mine topped with a raw quail egg. I REALLY didn't want to swallow it.

Erin Davidson
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
lioness :D rather be the hunter than the hunted...and speed's a thrill second only to flight.

Once when I was eating lunch on Boylston St. in Boston some guy repeatedly insisted I looked exactly like "that girl from Karate Kid". It made my food cold. :mad:

Guinea pig on a stick - in Ecuador.

Zip.

Matthew Green
09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
1) If you were an animal, what would you be and why?[/B]
Kodiak Bear - bigger, hungrier and meaner than the polar and grizzly (sorry Matthew and Scott!)

Right scouse boy, only one way to find out...... I'm off to capture me a Polar and a Kodiak Bear, would you prefer yours to wear blue or red shorts?

Greg Privitera
09-29-2008, 12:38 PM

Cheetah. Was always my favorite animal. We also share the same feelings on running (if you're gunna do it, go fast. Conserve energy later).

Haha a few different people: Andrew Keagan, Joe Rogan (wtf), kid from Everwood which I never saw, Rambo, Spiderman (will temporarily update my avatar for the next 24hrs).

Grub worm in the Australian outback (cooked by Aboriginal peeps).

None, but a lot of downgrades to seatbelt tickets.

Richard Vanmeerbeek
09-29-2008, 12:51 PM
1) A falcon. Must feel good to be the fastest in the air.

2) Not since I cut my hair, before that it was Ben Harper and Lenny Kravitz (yeah right).

3) Don't know what you call it in english, somekind of tiny octopus.

4) One and only. I never drive fast, but I was in a hurry that time.

Kirez Reynolds
09-29-2008, 01:02 PM

1) I'd like to be a siberian tiger or dolphin. Unfortunately, I'm like a bear.

2) Evidently there's a professional baseball player that looks like me, I forget his name. When I worked at Sea World, during Q&A periods someone in the audience would always ask, "Isn't your real name _________? C'mon, you're the 2nd baseman for the Padres!"

3) Probably assorted nasty Korean sushi, but I think it's pretty weird to combine garlic, onions, pineapple and mayonnaise in a salad, which was a russian salad I had once (and was good).

4) I've gotten tickets in CA, AZ, OH, MO, CO, NJ, NY, MA, VA and Canada. I don't know how many. More than 6 in CA, more than 4 or 5 in NY and AZ, 3 in Canada.

Christin Street
09-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Great job on the questions so far! Lots of speedsters amongst us.
Quick workout update...

Monday, September 29, 2008

Short Metcon
4 rounds of:
400m run
50 squats
Time: 11:20

Push Jerk 5setsx5reps
100 (3) PR
100 (3)-form began to crumble
95 (4) -bleh

Back Squat 3setsx5reps

Front Squat 3setsx5reps

Pull-ups
5 sets of 4 reps underhand
4 sets of 3-5 reps overhand

Patrick Haskell
09-29-2008, 01:45 PM
That's one heck of a rest day, Street. ;) Smoking time on the 400m/squat WOD. I'm going to have to do that soon, just to see where I stack up against all you fast people. Nice work with repping 100# overhead. That back squat looks respectable, too, especially with 200 air squats first. You're a glutton for punishment. There's no doubt about it.

Charles Bennington
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Congrats on the PR!

My dog, because I would love to feel what it's like to be well rested.

Brendan Fraser

Sucked the eyeball out of a rabbit in Survival School, lots of electrolytes.

Only 2, but on the other hand...I've been arrested 8 times:smiley_ev

Stephen R. Lampl
09-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

Hey Christin,

Great questions! Glad you enjoyed NO!

1). Cheetah, for sure! We love cats, Cheetahs purr, and they are easily domesticated (become very close to their "owners"). I read somewhere that some Africans keep them as pets and hunt with them!

2). Yeah - - years ago. Peter Falk as Columbo (I dressed up like him for a Halloween party).

3). Paella (SP?) when I was in Spain. The restaurant I ate at served it with the cooked shrimp complete with their legs, eyes, and antennae. Weird......but good!

4). None. Got stopped once - - wasn't paying attention. The cop let me go with a warning. :D

Lee Ann McCall
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Fun thread Christin!

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

A Clydesdale horse. They are strong and beautiful at the same time.

Jodie Foster and Tea Leoni (I don't agree on either count!)

Probably escargot or frog's legs. I am not very adventurous and refused to try the zebra, antelope, etc. when we were in Kenya. If you ARE an adventurous eater, you should go to the Carnivore restaurant in Nairobi. I stuck to chicken and beef, much to the wait staff's disgust!

Two 20 years apart. I was (over)due.

Chrissy McConnell
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Awesome work on the 400m/50 squats WOD!! That's a blazing fast time!!

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1. I'd definitely be a dog...specifically, a Lab. I've never met a Lab I wasn't jealous of.

2. Someone once told me that I looked like Punky Brewster...the awkward, preteen version...not the hot, grown up version... Gee, thanks!

3. I haven't had too many "exotic" dishes like everyone else, but when I was about 8 I was trying to learn to cook and decided that a grilled whipped-cream sandwich was on the menu for the day...now that was weird!

4. Zero speeding tickets...actually, I haven't gotten my first ticket yet. I guess I'm just lucky because Lord knows I deserve my fair share!

Mike Bishop
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Lee Ann McCall;412216]Fun thread Christin!

Probably escargot or frog's legs. I am not very adventurous and refused to try the zebra, antelope, etc. when we were in Kenya. If you ARE an adventurous eater, you should go to the Carnivore restaurant in Nairobi. I stuck to chicken and beef, much to the wait staff's disgust!

QUOTE]

Lee Ann. I ate at the Carnivore about 3 years ago when I was in Kenya for 12 days. I went there on a church mission trip. We did medical clinics in a handful of places from an island in Lake Victoria to a few different cities like Marongo and other places about 8-9 hours from Nairobi. But we flew in and out of Nairobi, went shopping there and ate.

Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1. Guerilla. They could probably bang out a ***** load of kipping pullups and muscle ups.

2. Nope

3. Croc., Ostrich steak is great, and so is fried Ox liver (served and tasted like beef tips and rice). All of this eatten in Kenya. The ox liver was good enough that I went back for seconds and I have eatten ostrich steak quite a few times here in the states as well.

4. 1 in Va, 2 in NC. Convicted of the one in Va and 1 of the ones in NC. Knock on wood, but I get out of quite a few of them for being a paid firefighter. Professional courtesy.

Stephen R. Lampl
09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Great job on the questions so far! Lots of speedsters amongst us.
Quick workout update...

Monday, September 29, 2008

Short Metcon
4 rounds of:
400m run
50 squats
Time: 11:20

Push Jerk 5setsx5reps
100 (3) PR
100 (3)-form began to crumble
95 (4) -bleh

Back Squat 3setsx5reps

Front Squat 3setsx5reps

Pull-ups
5 sets of 4 reps underhand
4 sets of 3-5 reps overhand

Great rest day W/O and awesome metcon!

Armita Pebdani
09-29-2008, 04:17 PM
A Panda. Because I would love nothing other than to roll around and be cuddly all day...not because I would single paw-edly re-populate the species.

I've been told on several occasions I look like Angelina Jolie. I've gone a few Halloweens as her and as her rendition of Lara Croft.

Quail.

Zero. I had a cousin flagged down by a chopper once, though :p

Tirzah Harper
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
A human...I tend to prefer things I already know. Plus the opposable thumbs rule, and we have books.

Nicole Kidman. I don't see it.

To me? Beef tongue. To the world at large? Probably would be the mountain lion.

One

Phil Oh
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
Bald eagle: Higher up in the food chain and no one wants to hunt or kill them

There aren't too many famous asian dudes.

Live shrimp (pull the tail and head together, bite into the body, and suck the meat out). Yummy.

None. I don't have a need for speed.

Emily Maisannes
09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
I am an animal. NEXT!!!

I've been told that I look like Reese Witherspoon minus the HUGE chin.

Tongue? Calf's foot soup?

4 all in cages. I've never been ticketed on the moto. I have been blipped for being a jack@$$, but that's because my lid was too small and I couldn't wait to get it off.

Nancy Cohen
09-29-2008, 06:12 PM

1. A big shaggy dog! Everybody loves you, and you get to hang your head out of the car window. Wheeeeeeeee

2. When I was young (in my teens), I was told I looked like Peggy Flemming, but I don't think I did

3. Escargot. Slimy little snails. Disgusting, though not uncommon

4. None. I drive like a granny....exactly 0-5 mph over the speed limit

Patrick Haskell
09-29-2008, 06:33 PM

OK, that wins today's rest day competition, but you're going to have to provide more details. :stir:

Nancy Cohen
09-29-2008, 06:37 PM

OK, that wins today's rest day competition, but you're going to have to provide more details. :stir:

Details and Proof! :D

Lee Ann McCall
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Lee Ann. I ate at the Carnivore about 3 years ago when I was in Kenya for 12 days. I went there on a church mission trip. We did medical clinics in a handful of places from an island in Lake Victoria to a few different cities like Marongo and other places about 8-9 hours from Nairobi. But we flew in and out of Nairobi, went shopping there and ate.

Mike, you weren't at Shikhoho, by any chance, were you? Our church does work there, including with the medical clinic.

Camille Lore
09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Ok, Ms. Christin. Where have you been? We want details and a full report! :ranting2:

Alix Clark
09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
1) Definitely a big cat - a lion, tiger or similar. Although being a domestic cat wouldn't be too bad either - move from sunny spot on bed to sunny spot on carpet to sunny spot on couch. Repeat as necessary.
2) Isabella Rossellini and Dana (the one from China Beach).
3) Not so much into weird food. Kangaroo would be about as exotic as I get.
4) Um, a lot. Almost lost my licence last year for speeding and the BF just got another one this weekend cos we had a v nice sports car to tool around in and he got a little carried away. So did I, but not near a policeman thank goodness. That car was just begging to be driven hard and fast!

Chris Scott
09-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1. I most resemble a Labrador--I tend to be pretty enthusiastic and friendly. What I'd like to be... gotta go with the Kodiak. Along with everything already mentioned, I'd totally be down with hibernation.

2. A drunk sorority girl once told me I looked like Tom Cruise. This was long before he lost his mind. I look exactly like my father did at my age, but he's not famous.

3. I have a standing rule that I'll eat absolutely anything prepared by a good chef. One of the chefs I worked with got big into nose-to-tail cooking, and so ordered a whole lamb for the restaurant. After the crew butchered it, the chef cooked up some brains for the two of us. The combination of the strange texture (almost like fois gras, but in a weird way) and the knowledge of what I was eating made it not at all fun. I've also eaten crickets, and the standard French weird-but-delicious stuff.

4. I've had one speeding ticket. I've gotten out of five. Being considerate seems to work for me: pull off the highway into a parking lot, keep your hands on the wheel, ask their permission before you go for your registration, and just generally remember that they put their life on the line every time they pull someone over. Be nice and cheerful and not ****ed off, and they'll be nice too.

This got me out with a warning when I was doing 70 in a 35.

Christin Street
09-30-2008, 03:24 AM
Damn, I have the best time reading your responses to the Q&As! Thanks to everyone who played along. Welcome first-timer Phil Oh! Charles, we need more details and proof for sure.

Ok, Ms. Christin. Where have you been? We want details and a full report!

I was in New Orleans over the weekend for a family wedding (hubby's step-bro). It was a grand affair and we partied like rock stars. I'm not too big a fan of New Orleans though. I know I sound like an old fart but I'm just not into watching a bunch of staggering drunks acting like it's always Mardi Gras.:rolleyes:
We had some fabulous food (Commmander's Palace) and drank mucho wine. I tried to visit Crossfit New Orleans but they're closed on the weekends.:wtf: I also wanted to see the 9th Ward but there was a road block. All in all it was a great trip and the kids had a wonderful time too. Glad to be back home and back to the grind!

Patrick Haskell
09-30-2008, 03:48 AM
4. I've had one speeding ticket. I've gotten out of five. Being considerate seems to work for me: pull off the highway into a parking lot, keep your hands on the wheel, ask their permission before you go for your registration, and just generally remember that they put their life on the line every time they pull someone over. Be nice and cheerful and not ****ed off, and they'll be nice too.

That's worked for me for every other moving violation I've committed, but my tickets all came when I got pulled over at speed traps, so they were looking to raise funds for the dept. I even had one of the cops laughing at my self-deprecating humor, but he still wrote me up for going 15 over (instead of 20ish).

Camille Lore
09-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Ok, Christin :) Glad to hear you were off having a good time (not too good of a time like some of the attendees).

Richard Macaulay
09-30-2008, 06:59 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A
A Monkey, like a chimp. It would be funny to jump foreword (yes i said foreword lol) a couple of stages on the evolutionery scale. +there cute, and are really good at using tools....and stuff.

You know johnny depp.....not him!!

Eh, frogs.....

None.Im no usain bolt.

Ricky

Sean Dunston
09-30-2008, 07:19 AM

Jodie Foster and Tea Leoni (I don't agree on either count!)

Wow-
Didn't anyone ever say you look like Bridget Fonda?
:shrug:

Dave Coughlin
09-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Rest Day Social Club Q&A

1) White Bengal Tiger- Why? Because they're awesome.
2) Scott Caan and Jesse James:shrug:
3) Escargot: I don't eat seafood, but this was covered in so much butter I could tolerate it.
4) One. Not a huge speeder, but this was just wrong place wrong time.

Great tpoics, and hope you guys had fun in NawLins.

Mike Bishop
09-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Mike, you weren't at Shikhoho, by any chance, were you? Our church does work there, including with the medical clinic.

I will have to check. I can't remember the places we went to, mainly because all the names were in Swahilia. I know that most of the stuff we did was centered around Rongo. For definite I know these are some of the cities that we have been to in the past: Narok, Nakuru, Kisumu, Kisii town, Kitale, Mfangono Island (my favorite place to visit) and we visited the Masai Mara game reserve to a day's worth of relaxtion before heading about to Nairobi. I will check on Shikhoho. Most of our work has been done west of the capital.

Nancy Cohen
09-30-2008, 08:15 AM
3) Escargot: I don't eat seafood, but this was covered in so much butter I could tolerate it.

Uh, Dave, escargot isn't seafood. They're slimy snails that crawl on sidewalks!!

Sean Dunston
09-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Uh, Dave, escargot isn't seafood. They're slimy snails that crawl on sidewalks!!

mmmm... with plenty of garlic and butter... mmmm

http://www.rootology.com/images/Random/homer-drool.jpg

Christin Street
09-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Ha! Love all the chatter on my log today. Uh, I actually did workout. Nothing spectacular. Still trying to get back in the swing. I'm sleep-deprived.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

45 reps of 50%BW Thrusters (70lbs)
Broken into 21-10-10-4
Time: 4:02

Bench Press 5x3
105x3
115x3 (poor ROM, knew I didn't have it today, no increases)
105x3
105x3
105x3

Core work
4 rounds of 10 KTE and 15 V-ups

Sean Dunston
09-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Ha! Love all the chatter on my log today. Uh, I actually did workout. Nothing spectacular. Still trying to get back in the swing. I'm sleep-deprived.

Broken into 21-10-10-4

Bench Press 5x3
105x3
105x3
105x3
105x3

Core work

Nice work, Christin!
45 reps at 1/2 BW is awesome - especially in that quick time!

Whatcha doin with those bench presses, huh? Just curious - and giving you a hard time. Seriously though -- that's some strong work too.

If you like KTE (I do too) then you would really like the tuck up and ball up progressions (heading to skin the cat) we learned from Tucker this weekend.
Do you do them on a bar or rings?

Nik Nichols
09-30-2008, 09:13 AM

Broken into 21-10-10-4

Bench Press 5x3
105x3
105x3
105x3
105x3

Core work

Where did you come up with 45reps, I bet that was tough!!
Still good work on the bench, it will come. Good work!!!!

Christin Street
09-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Where did you come up with 45reps, I bet that was tough!
Good question, Nik. 45 reps= the # reps in Fran (although the load for Fran is 5 lbs lighter) . I think it's also one of the level II benchmarks on the Crossfit Seattle website (look under "knowledge"). I completed it back in June but like to try it every now and then to see how many times I need to put the bar down.:)

Lee Ann McCall
09-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Wow-
Didn't anyone ever say you look like Bridget Fonda?
:shrug:

Not in about 20 years.:rofl:

Christin, whatever you do our your next poll, please do NOT ask: What is the crappiest thing you ate today? Today I would have to fess up to SnackWells. :o Yep, fell off the no carb (and no crap) wagon for 5 critical minutes!

Fabulous workout Christin! :pepper:

Chrissy McConnell
09-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Christin, whatever you do our your next poll, please do NOT ask: What is the crappiest thing you ate today?

Lee Ann - I think that would be a GREAT rest day poll question! But maybe, "What is the crappiest thing you ate this week?" I'm eager to hear what people are willing to risk their cheats on...and cookies definitely sounds like a good one to me!

Matt Bahen
09-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Nice work today! Thrusters, BPs, and some SUH-WEET core work! Awesome...as always! :highfive:

Sean Dunston
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Lee Ann - I think that would be a GREAT rest day poll question! But maybe, "What is the crappiest thing you ate this week?" I'm eager to hear what people are willing to risk their cheats on...and cookies definitely sounds like a good one to me!

Yup-
I am SURE that will make the list for next rest day!

:highfive:

Christin Street
09-30-2008, 01:59 PM
If you like KTE (I do too) then you would really like the tuck up and ball up progressions (heading to skin the cat) we learned from Tucker this weekend.
Do you do them on a bar or rings?
Sean- I do KTE on a bar but I need to set up my rings more often at the gym! Part of the prob is there's nowhere high to hang them from. Options are to hang them from the cable crossover or squat rack.:( I would love to try the progression for skin the cat.

Christin, whatever you do our your next poll, please do NOT ask: What is the crappiest thing you ate today? Today I would have to fess up to SnackWells. :o Yep, fell off the no carb (and no crap) wagon for 5 critical minutes!

Great rest day Q! Thanks! Sorry you fell of the wagon, LeeAnn. You might need to eat more "good calories" by adding good fat to your diet to curb the hunger. Otherwise it'll leave you crashing then reaching for the sugar and carbs. Just my $0.02.:)

Stephen R. Lampl
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM

Broken into 21-10-10-4

Bench Press 5x3
105x3
105x3
105x3
105x3

Core work

Great W/O, Christin! Love all these WODs you and others come up with. The thrusters (scaled to my level, of course) look like a great workout for me.

I apologize for the dumb question, but what are KTEs?:confused:

Stephen R. Lampl
09-30-2008, 02:19 PM
........... What is the crappiest thing you ate today?

I too think Lee Ann hit the mark with this one! I'd fess right up! Can't believe how incredibly bad the trash I liked to eat makes me feel now!

Emily Maisannes
09-30-2008, 03:15 PM
I apologize for the dumb question, but what are KTEs?:confused:

Knees to elbows. Hang and bring your knees up to your elbows, or at least that's the idea.

Stephen R. Lampl
09-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Knees to elbows. Hang and bring your knees up to your elbows, or at least that's the idea.

Thanks, Emily!

Steven Novick
09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Excellent job on the workout Christin, especially the thrusters! Not bad for not feeling it on the benches either.

Scott Jenkins
10-01-2008, 01:37 AM
That 45 rep half BW Thrusters is one of the most painful things you can do. Good work Christin and well done for hitting another Nemesis of mine the 'V-up', I can never string them together , end up rolling around like a seal.

Richard Macaulay
10-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Iv got a couple other suggestions. SOme suitable, some not....you decide which is which heehee?!

"If a bunch of the guys and gals from the boards were over for the games next year, and we got together for a night out, and it was up to you to organise it, what would we do?"

"Best/Worst holiday you ever had....and why?"

"Most embarassing and cringe worthy thing you ever remember doing when drunk?"

"In your opinion..how much wood, could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck woood?"

"The one thing you are amazing at cooking?"

Ricky

Christin Street
10-01-2008, 03:17 AM
Scott- Yeah, I agree on the V-ups. Mine are pretty ugly. I can never get them in sync!
Richard- Thanks for the Q suggestions! I WON'T be using the one on sexual positioning...you can put that one on your log. Personally I'd keep it in a PM if I were you or risk getting banned from the boards.

Richard Macaulay
10-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Scott- Yeah, I agree on the V-ups. Mine are pretty ugly. I can never get them in sync!
Richard- Thanks for the Q suggestions! I WON'T be using the one on sexual positioning...you can put that one on your log. Personally I'd keep it in a PM if I were you or risk getting banned from the boards.

I know, i was only joking. There i changed it....

Veronica Davis
10-01-2008, 05:05 AM
Nice job on the thrusters!!! :highfive:

Camille Lore
10-01-2008, 05:35 AM
:yeahthat: That's great.

Nik Nichols
10-01-2008, 06:30 AM
I know, i was only joking. There i changed it....

Ah haha, Ricky got in trouble!!!(just kidding, couldn't resist)

Richard Macaulay
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Ah haha, Ricky got in trouble!!!(just kidding, couldn't resist)

No i think i actually did, once again im off to sit on the naughty step. :(

Ricky

Melissa Whittle
10-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Umm...you did 45 half-body-weight thrusters in 4:02?? D*mn, girl. :eek:

Jennifer Ellington
10-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Christin, I have a confession to make. I've been filching workouts off your log and compiling them for Number One Son to use for his off-season training program. He came to me last week frustrated because he just got back on the soccer field after being injured and is getting pushed off the ball a lot. A lot of his problem is just lack of mass - he's 5'11" and he might weigh 130 (I think that's generous) - but some of it is lack of strength, and he wants me to come up with a training program for him.

So I'm stealing yours. Thanks in advance!! ;) :D

Christin Street
10-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Jenn- I'm flattered to have you filching my WODs! Lifting heavy is the key for him to gain strength and weight. He sounds like my son, Sam, who is very lightweight too. You should also consider getting him to drinking whole milk (assuming that he likes milk and has no allergies). Good luck training him and let me know if I can help!!

Ricky- Yes, you are a naughty boy.(Nik- You're encouraging him!!)

Another crappy day at the gym. I don't know what the deal is. I just can't seem to get going these days. I had three days rest over the weekend so you'd think I'd be ready to kick a$$ this week but nooo.....

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Nate"
AMRAP in 20 min of
2 MU
4 HSPU
8 KBS, 2 pood

Scaled with low ring MU progressions, HSPUs were with feet shoulder height on the Smith, and used a 50 lb DB for KBS.
8 rounds? We lost count. Lots of yakking going on.

Deadlifts
185x5
225x1
235x1 (at this point it was slow going and back was starting to round already)
245 x1 (f)
225x1
225x1
Enough.