PDA

View Full Version : DL Help

Dan Stuewe
04-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Please tear it up

And next time I'll set up the camera with out the rings directly in front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORNTWOD7kKE

Thanks

Nick Cummings
04-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Looked great. I love your mat. How tall are you? You seem to have a glute/hamstring dominant deadlift and I am curious if my theory that taller lifters tend to lift like that holds true.

Jason M Struck
04-12-2008, 08:48 AM
it looks pretty good.

nothing is particularly wrong; I would give one cue; fully extend the hips. Squeeze your butt cheeks together at the end of the lift to end fully erect. Right now you are going to about 95% of the complete motion. You might even get a red light in a PL comp for your incomplete extension. This will also carry over nicely to the O lifts.

Dan Stuewe
04-12-2008, 09:55 AM
How tall are you? .

Nick
6'4"
Thanks for the help man

Brandon Oto
04-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Looked great. I love your mat. How tall are you? You seem to have a glute/hamstring dominant deadlift and I am curious if my theory that taller lifters tend to lift like that holds true.

More about proportions than height alone, Nick. Longer legs with a shorter torso will make you more horizontal; shorter legs with a longer torso will have you more vertical. Longer arms let you stay more vertical.

Robert Callahan
04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
looks pretty solid :) only things i saw were that you did not fully open your hips at the top, really focus on standing all the way up with the weight. Secondly you were really crackin your neck and looking up hard pulling your cervical spine out of alignment with the rest. Pick a spot 6 or so feet in front of you and focus on that so your neck stays in a more neutral position. other than those little things though you are looking great!! :)

-Robert

Scott Erb
04-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Dan -
Nice form, especially good work keeping your back flat. A couple of nitpiks in addition to the lock out comment...
- On your initial rep of each set, you lowered your hips nicely. On your subsequent reps, your hips started significantly higher (about 4-5 inches), which is adding to the horizontal position of your back at the start of the lift. You'll really feel this on heavy triples. It's OK to take a second to really set your start position on each rep - it will carry through the rest of the lift.
- Also, as you moved through the sets, it looked like your center of gravity was drifting forward. May be related to the starting position issue. Simple fix, especially since you lift barefoot. Lift your toes off the floor during your lifts. Coach talks about the importance of heels. This technique will help hugely with it. There is truth that a really well-executed DL feels like the bar stays in the same place and your heels drive through the floor.

Keep up the good work!
Best,
Scott