PDA

View Full Version : Video Learning Curve For Coaching

Doug Holland
03-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Its time for me to start uploading videos for your help in coaching my efforts. I have never uploaded a video or edited one. Even though I own Adobe Premiere, its never been used. I know what your thinking (since I payed over $500.00 for it) just learn it.

The software came with a book larger than the Encyclopedia Britannica's collection of books.

So after using the search feature on this site (all to no avail) I figured I would throw this question out to you members.

I already have a Sony Digital Cam Corder with Fire Wire.

What Program could I use that easy to do simple edit? Add Music? Add words for weight descriptions?

I own a Dell Laptop (thats what I am typing on as I drink "Close Du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon") with 80 gigs of HD, and Window XP.

Doug

Jake Oleander
03-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Its time for me to start uploading videos for your help in coaching my efforts. I have never uploaded a video or edited one. Even though I own Adobe Premiere, its never been used. I know what your thinking (since I payed over $500.00 for it) just learn it.

The software came with a book larger than the Encyclopedia Britannica's collection of books.

So after using the search feature on this site (all to no avail) I figured I would throw this question out to you members.

I already have a Sony Digital Cam Corder with Fire Wire.

What Program could I use that easy to do simple edit? Add Music? Add words for weight descriptions?

I own a Dell Laptop (thats what I am typing on as I drink "Close Du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon") with 80 gigs of HD, and Window XP.

Doug

windows movie maker, its already on your laptop.

Doug Holland
03-16-2008, 06:19 PM
windows movie maker, its already on your laptop.

I took a look at that and thought it was for playing movies. Man am I dumb. Words fail me.

Thanks

Doug

Leah Turner
03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
So are you saying if I have Windows XP I should also have Windows movie maker? Thanks.

Jake Oleander
03-16-2008, 07:15 PM
So are you saying if I have Windows XP I should also have Windows movie maker? Thanks.

yes, more than likely. what is that painting called in your avatar? i think i remember it from a modern european history course, but im not quite sure...

Alexander Kornishev
03-17-2008, 07:30 AM
I personally prefer TEMPEG (you can find an older version for free), if you have Nero it is another good option, Windows Movie Maker is yet another one (free but least preferable). You will need codecs to create avi or other formats video. You can download a pack something like K-lite or just get ffdshow if you do not want to put too many 3rd party codecs on you PC. Vobsub for subtitles... Whatever soft you choose, just google how to use it, there is so much info on the net.

P.S. painting by Raffaello Sanzi called "Raphael". Italian Renaissance is beautiful, isn't it...

Bryan Ragon
03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
I personally prefer TEMPEG (you can find an older version for free), if you have Nero it is another good option, Windows Movie Maker is yet another one (free but least preferable). You will need codecs to create avi or other formats video. You can download a pack something like K-lite or just get ffdshow if you do not want to put too many 3rd party codecs on you PC. Vobsub for subtitles... Whatever soft you choose, just google how to use it, there is so much info on the net.

P.S. painting by Raffaello Sanzi called "Raphael". Italian Renaissance is beautiful, isn't it...

If you're referring to TMPGEnc, it's more geared towards encoding and re-encoding video files than video authoring. They do includ DVD Author with later versions, but it appears to really only do simple operations like generating menus and subtitles. None of the advanced video processing that something like Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas would be able to do.

Alexander Kornishev
03-17-2008, 09:19 AM
If you're referring to TMPGEnc, it's more geared towards encoding and re-encoding video files than video authoring. They do includ DVD Author with later versions, but it appears to really only do basic operations like generating menus and subtitles. None of the advanced video processing that something like Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas would be able to do.
yeah, sorry for typo TMPGEnc XPress it is. Bryan, agreed (re-encoding that's what I am using it for, but my son using it mostly for editing) . Although you can do most basic edit operations in Filter Edit part of the program: subtitles, audio/video cut, paste, adding audio... etc. simple and easy...

Jason M Struck
03-19-2008, 01:30 PM
ULead Video Studio has been pretty good to me so far. Easy enough to learn.