PDA

View Full Version : crossfit total

Michael McElroy
03-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Critique my form on my max lifts of the crossfit total please. These are my max lifts so I know there's gonna be some flaws so help me out. Also tips on how to correct the flaws and strengthen my weaknesses would be great.

wfs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5aqhe08EGg

Brandon Oto
03-13-2008, 06:09 AM
... how the hell did you get your press to 175?

Jakub Kruhlik
03-13-2008, 08:03 AM
im no professional but ya def. didnt go low enough on your squat, at least from what i can see, and it looked like you rounded your back slightly on your deadlift. SP looked okay but i bet some of the vets will find something to critique :)

Sean Dunston
03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice lifts, Michael!

Pretty good form for ME on the dead but it looked to me like that 360# went up really easy... I am guessing your 1RM would be closer to 375# or higher.

Your back squat had a bit of a "good morning" to it at the bottom, and I think that if you were able to maintain good form you will get that number up too.

Great job on the Press! I was so happy when I finally went over BW on my press!

Sean McDaniel
03-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Squat: Look down. Current eye position is pulling your head up and your knees forward at the bottom of the lift, killing your hip drive. Need to find the bottom for full depth, and hit it with a little more speed - you look hesitant on the way down. Hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like your wrists are heavily cocked. If that's the case, try to straighten them out, even if you lose your grip on the bar. You can lock the bar in place just fine with the heels of your palms. Bent wrists will give you some nasty elbow/bicep pain as weight increases.

Press: Solid press for your body weight. Could move your head under the bar a little sooner. Video angle is bad for this one - can't see much.

Dead: Started with your hips too low, which caused them to shoot up at the start of the lift. It was self-correcting here, but you're better off starting with the corrrect angle so you don't get in the habit of moving the hips before the weight. Agree with the other Sean - looked light for you.

Michael McElroy
03-15-2008, 11:01 PM
How low is the squat supposed to go? It looked to me like my hip bend is below my knee line which is what I thought was low enough. My shoulder and bench press has always been really strong from pre-crossfit days when all I did was upper body (mainly bench) workouts. Deadlift I may could have gone a bit heavier I'm just not that experienced in the deadlift and don't want to hurt my back so I'm still being careful with that. Thanks for all the advice!

Grant Scalf
04-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Everyone has given some great pointers already. I just wanted to say great lifts for BW of 160. BW+15lbs for the press is wicked...

Clay Warford
05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
nice job!

Steven Ngo
05-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I think that squat was plenty low enough. Looks about as low as Josh Everett's and Brett Marshall's in the crossfit games video (James Fitzgerald's went deeper, though).