PDA

View Full Version : Power Clean Check

Grant Scalf
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Pj9SuKLYg - WFS

I already see things wrong with it, but I know there are many here with a far better eye for these things than myself. I am power cleaning 135lbs with good ole metal plates.

Thanks in advance...

I should add that I did not expect to post this here, so I didn't really follow the excellent guidelines set forth by Lincoln.

Peter Terry Haas
03-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Overall, great job Grant!

Try to keep your chest over the bar a bit longer. You are jumping when the bar gets above your knee. You should be at about mid thigh when you jump. This will improve your pull, and keep the bar from looping away from your body like it does in the video.

Can't really see your rack position, but I think you need to get your elbows higher in the rack.

Oh, and get some lifting shoes :)

Keep up the good work!

Grant Scalf
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Would you say my catch position is a little poor? Instead of bring my knees so far forward should I be sitting back a little more with the hips?

Andrew G. Greenberg
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
just get your elbows up faster to improve your catch.

Brandon Oto
03-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Would you say my catch position is a little poor? Instead of bring my knees so far forward should I be sitting back a little more with the hips?

Yes. You're actually leaning backwards in the second one.

Be careful rounding your back when you lower it. I know it's light, but still -- treat it like the eccentric of a deadlift, because that's what it is. Or just drop it...

Grant Scalf
03-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Sounds good, thanks for all of the information guys. I'll try to get another one up here with a full clean.

Sarena Kopciel
03-05-2008, 07:15 PM
1st pull slow (more like let it hang til past knee), when hips open fully, then fast acceleration drop under but work with the bar and get those elbows spun around