View Full Version : Portable pull-up bar

Brian Jossen
10-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Does anyone have any experience with portable p/u bars suitable for outdoors. I've seen some pics form affiliates, but I don't know where to purchase. Any opinions on the Tactical Athlete one--TAPS I believe? Not sure about the telescoping parts aspect...

Gary Wimsett
10-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Jon G. from againfaster.com sells an extremely portable pull-up bar - you should check it out.

Brian Jossen
10-15-2007, 11:22 AM
I should have been more specific by saying "portable". I need a durable, yet movable when the wife gets tired of looking at, pull-up system. Adjustable is okay as long as it doesn't interfere with kipping. I've seen some before on various Marine bases.

Michael A. Krivka
10-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Brian -

I have a TAPS unit at the school and it's okay... just not great for kipping pull-ups! It rocks a lot and doesn't feel real stable when you get going... I'm always afraid it's going to self-destruct in the middle of a kip!

BTW - we are looking at installing a pull-up bar system at our location. Still trying to figure out the right configuration and materials that will work for us.

Brian Jossen
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I think the manufacturer (TorqueAthletic) has a mod 2 out, maybe its sturdier. I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on this one, then weigh it down w/ sandbags, since i'm not wild kipper... Can't stand the idea of 3 foot holes and 6x6 posts.