PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on my g/f's SDHP and Jerk Form.

Christian Mason
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Old video of her doing the 21,19...9.6..3 SHDP and Push Jerk workout.
Posted by permission for feedback.

I caught a few things, and she's working on correcting them, more feedback is always welcome though.

Thanks,
-- Chris

w/f/s link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-veSPELfmg

Brandon Oto
10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Butt rising before shoulders on DL.

Bar way out in front during DL and pull.

Nice arch.

Jon Knutsen
10-03-2007, 12:08 PM
The biggest thing I noticed was her arms bending way before she reaches triple extension - pause the action right when she's pulling the bar past her knees and you'll see what I mean. It's a very common mistake so she shouldn't feel bad but it will definitely take conscious effor to correct.

I see what Brandon is referring to with the hips rising a touch before the shoulders. Again, it's another common mistake - one that I'm in the middle of tryin to correct myself. If left unchecked, it will creep up in other lifts like the clean (you can refer to my recent Clean - feedback post in Digital Coaching for proof).

Lincoln Brigham
10-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Needs a lot more aggression on the push jerk. It looks slo-mo and too nice at the moment; that approach will never work when the weights get heavy.

Chris Spealler
10-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Christian, one of the biggest things I noticed was that her butt was rising and then her chest. If you look at the movement it's not so efficient. Have her think of dragging the bar along her body the whole way up, when it starts to come away from her body it's going to pull her chest down.

She has a good starting position, just needs to keep that back tight and rise with the butt and chest at the same time. I've noticed with my clients that there is quite a bit of improvement when they are told to keep the bar close to their body. Hope that helps a bit and good luck.

Chris Spealler
10-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Just saw the jerk... keep that chest real tall in the dip. Most of the dips are really deep too. In my opinion they don't have to go that deep. I think you actually loose power if you dip too far down. Hands could be a little wider apart.

Have her literally JUMP and land in a quarter squat with that chest still tall and her head through the bar. And instead of spreading her feet in the landing think squat more. Get her mad at the bar and be really aggressive. Stomp that landing. She'll get it!

Christian Mason
10-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the help all. She's gotten pretty good with the deadlifts, the comments on the jerk will be particulary usefull though, I missed a lot of those details (probably because my own deadlifts are fairly good, but my jerks leave much to be desired).