PDA

View Full Version : Stitches?

Danny Edwards
07-21-2005, 09:00 AM
The evening following my PR for "Fran" at 6:18, I was in an accident that resulted in 25 stitches across my left knee cap. This was 2 days ago and I still have little range of motion. The 20 stitches above the surface are set to be removed August 5. Has anyone had a similar injury? I'll start pullups, ring dips, and anything else I can manage soon, but I can't wait to get back to 100%. Any thoughts on a realistic timetable? Thanks.

David Besachio
07-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Danny:

Typically the sutures will come out around 10-14 days. At that point you should be able to do what you want although it may feel tight. Obviously if it starts to feel or look like it's opening up, you may have to wait longer. Keep in mind that scars take many months to remodel and getting a laceration over a highly mobile site almost guarantees that there will be some widening of the scar as time goes on.

-D

Rob McBee
07-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Danny,

Keep in mind, chicks dig scars bro!

Danny Edwards
07-22-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the input. I've got a few bruised ribs, and some seriously tight and cramped back muscles right now so my pullup plan will have to wait. Thanks again.