PDA

View Full Version : Headache

Michael Pearce
04-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? I keep getting a banging headache when I do pullups. It happened today after about twenty reps so I had to jump down and take a short break. Then I had to break the rest of the pullups into tens and fives so I could finish.

Brian Hand
04-17-2005, 07:17 AM
Michael, tightness in the upper back / neck can cause headaches. There seems to be a lot of this going around lately...

Alexander Karatis
04-17-2005, 07:29 AM
I was about to make a new topic for this. For me, it's been here for 3 days now, ever since I did Kelly.

The reasons I'm sure it's because of the workout are:

A. It started right after and I never generally get headaches.

B. During the workout my face was a dark-dark red. I remember I used to strain on purpose as a kid in order to get that deep-red, almost purple, color on my face while in class. I'd usually feel like passing out right after, and could have a headache following me for the rest of the day.

Right now it's the same...If I move or jump around at any pace above "normal" I'll feel my pulse in my head and get a sharp headache right after...

Really shucks!! :angry:

Michael Pearce
04-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, this is a new thing for me as well. Never had this problem until about a week ago. I thought maybe I wasn't breathing but I checked that and still get the headache and only with pullups. So it must be some kind of tightness. What would anyone recommend for it? Or will it subside on it's own?

Michael Pearce
04-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Okay after self study I found that I can definitely feel a tightness bewteen the shoulder blades. And I have a lovely fight to the US tomorrow, yeah me.

Dan Silver
04-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Turn off the Slayer CD when you work out.

-D.

Derek Lane
04-17-2005, 06:56 PM
are you kipping? might want to re-evaluate how much you snap your neck...

Michael Pearce
04-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I kip but it also happened on the L-pullups. I thought the same thing but that ruled the kip out.

Will keep the music in mind as well. :happy:

Frank C Ollis
04-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Michael,
Make sure you are breathing properly, sometimes that can be a big factor.

Ron Nelson
04-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Michael,
Check the height of your pull up bar. Maybe you're too close to the ceiling??

Dan Silver
04-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Ha! Snuck one past me, Ron.

-D.

Ron Nelson
04-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Blind squirrel finds acorn, film at 11!

Michael Pearce
04-18-2005, 03:52 PM
I don't what is giving me the headache now, the pullups or the jokes :lame:. I'll just take two Advil and read posts till morning.

Genevieve Gornicki
05-14-2005, 11:36 AM
seriously i think its all about the breathing, I tend to stop breathing when struggling to finish a set of reps, maybe break em up into smaller sessions to give yourself a chance to cool off and put less strain on yourself