PDA

View Full Version : Hemorrhoids

Vince Sandusky
03-02-2005, 06:28 AM
Does anyone have any solutions for the prevention and, unfortunately, treatment and elimination of, hemorrhoids? They seem to plague me particularly when running on a hard surface, and heavy exertions on deadlifts and squats.

John Phipps
03-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Check out http://www.naturesplatform.com/

They have some information about the squat toliet. It seems to be more of a natural way for elimination. In Japan and other contries this is the way they go. :happy:

Michael Keller
03-02-2005, 08:03 PM
:biggrin:

Uh.....I don't think so. It just doesn't look to comfortable. Besides, it would make it difficult to do my daily reading.

Michael Street
03-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Yeah, stop eating glue:angry:. Learn how to squat and DL. :crazy:

Michael Pearce
03-08-2005, 08:08 AM
I live in Japan and you will have very strong knees after a year or so. the bad thing is you will not be able to read as you knees will fall asleep. And if you are having any problems you will need to put in some kind of hand holds so that you can stand up after being there for so long. I was told by a doctor to drink more water and that would help with Hemorrhiods.

John Dryden
03-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Squat toilets? I love 'em!!
Better in every way, as far as I am concerned.

Lincoln Brigham
03-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Ice packs.

John Phipps
03-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I agree with you John D. Physiologically the body is designed to go while in the squatting position.

If you were in the woods and had to go would you sit with you knees at 90 degree angle like on a chair or just squat down? I think of it as going caveman style!

John Dryden
03-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Also, I find squat toilets require much less wiping.
YOu get a natural cheek spread when squatting.

Lynne Pitts
03-17-2005, 06:05 PM
That was WAAAYY TMI! :crazy:

Robert Wolf
03-17-2005, 08:51 PM
I completely agree with John P about the squatting and elimination...I am reading this while eating and, well, losing my apetite.

JohnD-
The spreading cheek thing...its a bit like the light in the refrigerator...you're never really too sure aobut it, no?

Michael Pearce
03-18-2005, 04:51 AM
One very good thing they have found with squating is it is much healthier for you. Because you don't make contact with a seat so there is far less germs or bacteria passed that way. Also because of the way the toilet is made you will have a better chance of examining your waste than you would with a western style toilet. There by having an advantage of seeing if there is anything wrong with your stool.

Dan Silver
03-19-2005, 04:11 AM
More efficient butt-cheek spreading, a better chance of "examining your waste" and a lower instance of hemorroids!?!

...I've found my new topic to start conversation with cute girls in bars.

Thanks Crossfit.

-D.

Alexander Karatis
03-19-2005, 06:46 AM
At least last time around our Hemorrhoid thread quickly changed to the subject of...free-markets. (Definately no pun intended).

I had problems with constipation. My solution was:

Less absurd quantities of meat +
More fibrous vegetables +
Steady water intake +
Triple morning espresso +
Doors and windows closed-phone on "silent"

If I still have trouble with my "morning chores" I take my plastic laundry box, tip on its side, and rest my feet on top of it. (Knees pointing pretty much directly to the ceiling.)

Doesn't hinder reading either;-)

William Hunter
03-19-2005, 06:35 PM
It's funny how an injury thread turned into an in depth discussion on the best way to grow a tail!

John Dryden
03-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Robert - the proof is in the paper.

A courtesy wipe is all it takes!

John Messano
03-26-2005, 08:03 AM
"...grow a tail." i'm dying!

Dan Silver
03-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Well, so much for letting this thread fade into obscurity. Thanks John.

-D.

Ron Nelson
04-12-2005, 09:43 AM
I've got to read the Injuries thread more often!!