PDA

View Full Version : Black stuff on lips

Adam Burella
04-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey guys/gals, this isn't really an injury but maybe one of you know what to make of it. A few times I've noticed that there is a thin line of some kind of black buildup on my lips (right where the top and bottom comes together. This has only happened to me recently so I'm wondering if it might be an indication of some kind of nutrition deficiency or something?

Dan Silver
04-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Umm... There really aren't a whole lot of medical explanations for that phenomenon, Bro. It has to be a substance building up there, as to what it is, well, you're the only person who knows what goes into your mouth. If you've been hitting the WOD super hard, or just getting hit, it could be dried blood. It could also be coffee or chewing tobacco or lead paint or Jager. It could be dirt or road grime for motorcycle riding. It could be the residue from the souls you digest ever time the full moon rises.

Or you could be a huge Marilyn Manson fan.

-D.

Larry Lindenman
04-10-2005, 07:19 AM
Dan, you beat me to my..."are you a goth" smart a$$ statement (damn you). Adam, look to hydration...drink more water.

Dan Silver
04-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Larry-

...pretty early in the morning.

-D.

Frank C Ollis
04-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Adam,
I have seen something similiar when training in a dusty environment, which is all of the middle east. The dust accumulates in your mouth and as you constantly re wet your lips, it gets pushed to the edges.

If thats not it, you should keep a close eye on the room mate, that sick bastard.

Donald Woodson
04-11-2005, 11:25 AM
:rofl:

Daniel Overvoll
04-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Adam,
I second Frank's assessment. Have you just started to take the WOD's outside or opened the workout area to dust? If not, any promotions at work lately?

DanO

Frank C Ollis
04-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Dan,
Have you ever noticed that the guys with ring around the lip usually have sympathetic knee pain?

Adam,
Just kiddin bro!

Daniel Overvoll
04-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Adam - you're just being welcomed, keep your chin up (no pun intended this time).

Frank - are you working out at the Logistics center over there? I lived in Albany for four years.

Dan Silver
04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Frank-

I have. Pads are required in some activities.

-D.

Frank C Ollis
04-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Daniel,
Yes, I work there. I bet those were the 4 worst years of your life! I hate this place!

Dan,
Your rear naked choke technique sucks. LOL

Dan Silver
04-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Frank-

That's rear NAKED choke.

-D.

Donald Woodson
04-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Oh the horror......the horror.
Adam, if you think these dudes are hard, wait'll you meet "the girls".

Ron Nelson
04-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Just checking to see where all the sickness on the board went.
Found it!!

Donald Woodson
04-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Surprised you missed it Ron. Yer sicko detector runnin a little slow this week?
These guys were brutal.
Poor guy walks in, asks a simple (but real bad) question, and he is just pommeled. I've called an ambulance, but it's not looking good.

Daniel Overvoll
04-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Poor Adam has not returned since the initial post; "Patient is unresponsive...check airway....doctor, what is that black crap on your ear?"

Ron Nelson
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah Don,
I was getting lazy and not checking Injuries lately! I would have missed this golden thread!!

William Hunter
04-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Other people's injuries give the rest of us a golden opportunity to express the sickness that is within us.

I think Dan is highly contagious at this point, and should be quarantined.

Ron, I can't believe you resurrected the Hemorrhoids thread.

Donald Woodson
04-12-2005, 10:35 AM
My theory on the black stuff: Maybe he's a paramedic, and he misunderstood the Heimlich Maneuver class.

Frank C Ollis
04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
Dan,
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I see that you are for San Francisco....

Adam,
Come back man, we still love you. Trust me, I got tore up on here about getting emasculated by my CII. Everones time comes.

Ron Nelson
04-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Will,
Just doing my duty!!

Frank C Ollis
04-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Donald,
You mentioned the Heimlich Manuever. Someone sent me this joke a couple days ago. I catch hell for being a Georgia boy.

Subject: Never choke in a restaurant in the South...

Two hillbillies walk into a bar. While having a shot of whiskey, they talk about their moonshine operation. Suddenly, a woman at a nearby table, who is eating a sandwich, begins to cough. After a minute or so, it becomes apparent that she is in real distress.

One of the hillbillies looks at her and says "Kin ya swallar?" The woman shakes her head no. "Kin ya breathe?" The woman begins to turn blue and shakes her head no.

The hillbilly walks over to the woman, lifts up the back of her dress, yanks down her drawers and quickly gives her right butt cheek a lick with his tongue. The woman is so shocked that she has a violent spasm and the obstruction flies out of her mouth. As she begins to breathe again, the hillbilly walks slowly back to the bar. His partner says, "Ya know, I'd heerd of that there 'Hind Lick Maneuver', but I ain't never seed nobody do it!"

Adam Burella
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
LOL! I feel abused! I was so suprised when I saw 20-something replies to this thread...thought I had some kind of disease or something :-).

I don't blame you guys for ripping on me, I set myself up for it.

P.S. In case you care it hasn't happened again.

Donald Woodson
04-15-2005, 04:28 AM
Frank! Great joke! Sorry I missed it till now!
Love the phonetic spellings too. :biggrin:

We wondered what happened to ya Adam. Glad to see you didn't run off. One of the prerequisites to being a crossfitter is you have to be able to put up with, and even enjoy, a certain amount of abuse.:wink: It's about pain and loving it.

Frank C Ollis
04-15-2005, 06:32 AM
Adam,
We understand, some guys will do anything to be popular!

Ron Nelson
04-15-2005, 10:19 AM
. . .and so it continues!!

Adam,
You want abuse around here?? Ask about elbow pain!
Never has a married man's private life been so unmrecilessly exposed!!

Daniel Overvoll
04-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Welcome back Adam....glad to hear you're lips are beter!

Dan Silver
04-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Apparently Adam ran out of Oreos.

-D.

Frank C Ollis
04-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Oreos,
Ahhh, I remember oreos. Can we get them added to the zone?