PDA

View Full Version : Soreness across clavicle and shoulder

Adrian Cradock
02-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Hi all,
Was doing chins about 3 weeks ago and overcooked it on the third set doing a rep i shouldnt have and think i strained a muscle along left side of neck connecting into shoulder. I can do lot of things but cant do dips swimming shoulder press heavy overhead squat without pain/soreness- any suggestions besides physio and rest

William Hunter
02-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Moist heat application followed by stretching is a nice adjunct, due to the fact that it can be repeated throughout the day. Microwavable hot packs are cheap and reusable. Stretch by sitting in a chair, grabbing the underside of the seat with the affected side, lean to the good side slightly to draw some tension into the shoulder area, then let your head fall to the good side as well. Change the angle of your head and neck until you feel the stretch hitting "your spot". Sounds like it's either your upper trapezius, or maybe one of the scalene muscles, which are just in front of the traps.

Adrian Cradock
03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks William I appreciate the comments. Sorry about late reply i had been putting the heat packs on it and stretching Sometimes i find ice cold water better. Its getting better though did my first dips in about 1 month and came through ok.
Adrian