PDA

View Full Version : CROSSFIT CURED MY KNEE PAIN!!!

Tim Morrison
12-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Ok A it of an exaggeration but....I have to say it is better than EVER since starting Crossfit 5 months ago (I've had chronic knee pain associated with squats and the like for years)......... and I was really leary of doing crossfit cause I noticed they had leg/hip work scheduled daily!
But I began and suffered for a while but noticed the pain receding significantly then all but disappearing about 4-6 weeks ago.
All I can think of is
1. For thw first time ever I do all full range *** to the grass style movements (where for many yars I did 'parallel' ranges.
2.It especially got better when I learned overhead squats...again full range.
3.Box jumps still leave me with pain..because you absorb a lot of force in the 90degree knee angle (not good)
4. I AM however, doing all this with 2 very non traditionall powerful joint compounds because the standard Glucosomine and Chondroitin or Sms never helped.
But I've used these very briefly before with my old training routine and didn't get near the positive response as with Crossfit.
Anyway, funcctional movements don1 RIGHT do make an amazing difference.

David Wood
12-18-2004, 02:07 PM
Tim:

I am very glad to hear your good news . . . you're not the first person to find their chronic injuries getting better with full-range movements.

But don't leave us hanging here . . . what are the other compounds you're using?

Dave

Carrie Klumpar
12-18-2004, 10:01 PM
A follow-up question and a comment:

Is your pain the result of an injury at some point? Just curious.

For box jumps, you might try jumping up and then stepping down. It's a slower that a quick up and down but not much slower than the full-hip-extension-at-the-top that they seem to enforce at CF HQ anyway...

Tim Morrison
12-19-2004, 04:34 PM
The compouns are Hylauronic Acid and Cetyl Myristoleate... Good research on both especially the CM)..decent prices at iherb.com.

No injuryThe pain grew in time I assume with 'unnatural' isolation moves and too much weight with squats only going partway.

I'll try the jump advise thanks. Right now I just go into a full deep airsquat and jump as high as I can.