PDA

View Full Version : Turkish Get-Ups destroyed my knees

Troy Archie
10-21-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm assuming that I must of been doing Turkish Get-Ups wrong because today my knees are killing me. They feel like rubber bands. I'm noticing that in the video the guy had more of a squat stance while standing up and going down. Anyone else noticing some pain there after these?

Steve Seckinger
10-21-2004, 06:04 PM
I think it'd be very easy to hurt your knees if you used the insides of your feet to push and add stability when standing up. I noticed this last night when doing TGU's and focused on getting into a good flat-footed squat position going up and down, and not flagging a foot out to the side for stability.

James R. Climer
10-27-2004, 01:36 AM
The TGU WOD caused pain in my left knee, which I have never hurt before, the tweak came in an early set (I was definitely flagging the left leg out for balance) and I was able to improve my form in the later sets, and the pain went away. I was using my support hand to push-start my rise once I got my feet under me in the later rounds and this alleviated the stress my left knee was taking during the right-handed TGU.

TGU's are a lot like O-lifts in that they are seemingly effortless when the form is proper.