PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained fever

Donald Woodson
09-15-2004, 09:03 AM
Another little thing I'm experiencing is when I go to bed, I notice I'm really hot and can't cool down. I don't feel sick or anything. I feel fine. I'm just having a hard time going to sleep when I feel so hot. My house is air conditioned, so it's not that. Could it be from the paleo diet I've been on? Maybe the Creatine?

Robert Wolf
09-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Donald-

It could be several things. Over training, reversed adrenal cortical response ( high cortisol at night, low in the AM- If you are groggy upon waking this may be it. Go to bed earlier and this may imporve).

Robb

Donald Woodson
09-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks Robert, I had to look up cortisol to see what that is. I guess it may be stress and maybe overtraining (never would have thunk it). I've been working overtime a lot lately, GTGing at work, going home and doing the WOD (plus cutting grass, fixing vehicles etc.). Maybe I need to slow down a bit. The thing is, by the time I work 12 hrs, go home and work out, shower and eat, I only have about 1 hour to relax before I hit the sack. I'm still pumped when I try to sleep. And I have to get up at 0400 everyday. Sometimes if my eyes pop open at 0330, I'll go ahead and run some sprints, shower and go to work.
Lately, Cozumel is sounding real good. Just floating around over the reef, doing nothing but breathing and looking at the fishys...

Robert Wolf
09-17-2004, 09:46 AM
mmmm....vacation....

Beth Moscov
09-17-2004, 10:40 AM
I have a question here. Could it be the increased metabolism from crossfit workouts coupled with zone diet? I know I am running much hotter in general and it isn't just the current California heat wave cause I can eat more without gaining too. Anyway, I am gonna go learn more about that cortisol response mentioned cause that sounds like an interesting thing to know about.

Robert Wolf
09-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Beth-

Donalds description sounded like classic overtraining/undersleeping/stress. It sounded terribly like my last year of under grad and 1st year of med school....not pleasant.
Robb