PDA

View Full Version : Shoes and Plantar Fasciitis

Brian Hand
06-09-2004, 12:48 PM
This was too long to post so I put it on my geocities page, send me a message if the link is no good.

http://www.geocities.com/ccrowsmail/heelspur.htm

Robert Wolf
06-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Brian-
Good stuff!

George Koupatadze
06-16-2004, 10:35 AM
My problem is a bit different. My feet are wide with almost no arch. They always hurt before but got a lot better after I started training. I never went to doctors because I don't really trust them. So, after reading the barefoot running thread, I ran the 5k barefoot last week and absolutely loved it. It felt so natural. I think the Thai boxers in Thailand always run barefoot if I am not mistaken. Also, according to some views - maybe eastern medicine, your feet are full of biologically active receptors which are activated when you walk or run barefoot, and that has a positive effent on all your metabolic processes. There is also something about receiving enrgy directly form the Earth when running barefoot. Makes sense if you think about it. This probably belongs to a different thread but I thought I'd post it here in relation to Brian's article.

Jack Walcott
06-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Great stuff. I have been suffering from plantar's whatchamacallit since the last time we did jump rope. I had it once before, a long time ago, after playing football. I got rid of it by wearing.....custom orthotics! Worked wonders! Anyway, I somehow lost my orthotics over the years, so its great to have a different perspective before I go and pay for a new pair. Oh, by the way, both times I got PF, I was wearing the black Reebok classic high tops.