PDA

View Full Version : Rehab for dislocated knee...

Jay Edvardz
05-22-2004, 08:21 AM
As many of you know, I dislocated my kneecap during BJJ training. As of right now I do not have insurance; keeping this in mind, a physical therapist is out. Any thoughts on rehabilitative movements or exercise to aid in getting my knee back up to snuff? Thanks.

-Jay

Graham Hayes
05-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Sunbathing, a little light swimming, maybe crack out a sketch book and do some drawing...AKA rest! Your knee will put itself back together, in the mean time you could also follow the advice given in the other threads of same subject.

Also don't let it put you off grappling when you're healed. I've dislocated my right leg twice, the first time the shock of the fall seemed to snap it back into place but I was limping for a week and in a lot of pain. To cure it I put deep heat on it when it hurt and learned not to sleep on it, I probably stopped going to the gym but I can't remember. The second time my kneecap popped out, I was already lying down this time! I gave out a girlie scream grabbed my kneecap pulled, then decided to have a peek then pulled again till it went back. The judo coach gave me an ice pack and I kept it on my knee for about 10 minutes and then carried on with the judo. I had planned to do heavy squats the next day but I didn't and just chilled out for a bit until it wasn't sore.