PDA

View Full Version : Carpal tunnel

Roger Harrell
04-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, one of my geezer gymnasts has carpal tunnel. It started affecting him about two weeks ago, and got worse very rapidly. Anyone experienced in dealing with this? There are a TON of differing opinions from the docs, and I just wanted to know if anyone in the CF world has theories, concepts, whatever.

Brian Hand
04-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Roger, one of my boyhood buddies is a chiropractor and he occasionally gets great results from adjustments of the wrist. If you can find a good chiropractor who is skilled with the extremities, it is worth a shot. When it works it works pretty quickly.

Bryan Wheeler
04-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I've heard of people getting great results with Active Release Therapy ( ART ). There were several positive write ups on testosterone.net a year or so ago. Do a search there.

See also:
www.activereleasetechnique.com/pdf/Role-of-ART.pdf (http://www.activereleasetechnique.com/pdf/Role-of-ART.pdf)

I grew up in a medical family and surgery should always be considered as the last resort. Medicine is a very imprecise art due to the complexity of the human body.