PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Derrick Payne
07-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Coach:
I've just turned 40 look 30 and am physically very strong. I've been lifting weights since I was 16 with great success.

During the past year however I have been experiencing serious spasmotic muscle pains (cramping) in my arms (triceps & biceps), but especially my quadriceps, (I love hard heavy squats).

I've been to a physio therapist who performed ART (Active relief Treatment) on one of my biceps.."incredibly" painful treatment but it was completely effective. If I continue with that treatment to the rest of my body I'll go broke, is there something else I can do?

Appreciate your time.

Janet Fisher
07-27-2003, 11:26 AM
I have no education to back this hypothesis up, but has any physician given you a blood test to check your magnesium and potassium levels? Are you allowing yourself enough water at night?

Derrick Payne
07-27-2003, 03:48 PM
I've had a recent physical including a blood test. I haven't heard back from my doctor so I'm assuming all went well. Would a mag & potassium check be standard with a general physical?

I drink between 5-8 glasses a day plus a quart during training. I've just recently been told to
do 20 to 30 minutes of stretching "after" I train my lower body?

Thanks.